ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ahmed faisal
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by ahmed faisal » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:25 am

K4 wrote:
Aazarz wrote:Hi All,

=ILR 10 years long term
=Applied October 2014
=TOEIC have done & used for visa extension on November 2011
=Interview Called & given in London to TM TEAM through SKYPE in first week of September 2015
=Now waiting for HO reply since last 1 month

Plz share the interviews result if there is any.

King Regard
Hi Aazarz

Me and some other members are in the same situation I also did my interview in first week of sep no answer yet keep us posted.

I had interview on 9th september 2015 at paddington regarding Toeic test and 2 weeks later I got ILR aproval letter. now waiting for BRP. Hope you will get it soon.

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:14 am

Hello everyone ,
I varied my application from FLR fp to set LR on 20th July 2015,
Home office returned my FLR FP application fee on August 20th, still no decision on my set LR application .
many application getting approval even who apllied me and varied as mine .
I never did any deception or Toiec.
All application was in time .

During my last student visa, my College LSBF Infomred me that home office Identified me and informed them I have been working by breaching tier4 law. They asked me in the interview
And I gave them evidence that I have been working only when my application was pending according to my previous visa ( 20 hours per week).
They were satisfied because I submitted HM revenue record of my employment. Only things I got it my previous visa on 23 September and my employment shows 30th September , I didn't worked but as my workplace give one week payment as holiday payment. Still they withdrown my sponsorship by showing my silly reason and home office curtailed my visa , then I had to aplly for FLR fp and varied to set LR .
Requesting expert Opinion.

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:24 am

Hello everyone ,
I am so lucky, with the grace of Allah as son as posted my problem my solicitors phoned me and gave me the good news.
Thanks Everyone .

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:49 pm

@Quickreply

Congrats mate..Enjoy your new found freedom.

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:02 pm

Hi All

I can only see a few applicants on google drive . If you have applied or about to apply in few days please post your cases .Dont be shy --sharing is caring.

:arrow: Please help other 10 yrs applicants as well . Most of them have been here just like you and need your inputs/insights/debrief on the cases currently dealt by HO.Thx

Regards

S

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Survivor07 wrote:@Quickreply

Thanks ,
Wish good luck for all other languages who are waiting .

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:24 pm

Congrats Quickreply once again. Hope you got my PM. Enjoy your freedom my good friend. One love. Goodluck to others still waiting. It's just a matter of time....

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Quickreply wrote:
Survivor07 wrote:@Quickreply

Thanks ,
Wish good luck for all other people who are waiting .
Hi, I am sorry ,
Mobile autocorrected my previous post and I didn't checked .
I wanted to mean wish good luck for all mates who applied and
Waiting .

dil1982
Newly Registered

Post by dil1982 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:32 am

PLEASE HELP US

hi everyone,
my husband is completing his 10 years in Feb 2016.
he came to UK with one year visa. but the collage was closed. so he continue to stay an applied to a different university before his visa expires. he got 3 years extension. due to money matters he couldnt carry on his studies so he had to leave the university and did not study for one and half years. after that he started a new course and completed it in 2011. now he is under my dependent visa.

we planning to go to premium service in January 2016.

he does not have any gaps but my question is would that be a issue the period he stayed without any studies?

much appreciated your help.

thanks

Sami007
Newly Registered

Post by Sami007 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:47 pm

Hello guys,
I found really useful information here.i am going for the same day app for 10 years lawful app in first week of Jan 2016.my timeline is
Student 2 years,PSW 2 years,3C&3D 9 months,tier1 Gen 2 years,3c&3D 19 months,EEA fam member 15 months (10 years NO gaps) life in the uk and B1(trinity college) just done.
*** Long residence app doesn't got any slot for work history though,do I still need to provide the tier1 General dox? My wife is exercising treaty rights,she is on maternity since February 2015 though.A solicitor told me today that maternity doesn't count towards exercising treaty rights,which sound mad to me.
Any suggestions or advice will help.

Sami007
Newly Registered

Post by Sami007 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:17 pm

Makbrumiz wrote:Hi,

Grace of Allah I have received call from Solicitor, he has received documents from HO approval of my ILR and Inshallah soon receive BRP.

I am very thankful to all members to helping me out for my ILR and also keep carry on working and helping the other fellows.

You guys are doing good job.

Timeline:
Application: 24/07/2015
Biometric received: 29/07/2015
Biometric Done: 03/08/2015
Approval: 07/10/2015
BRP: Waiting hopefully receive in few days.

Thanks
Great,you gonna receive your BRP by next week :D congrats
I am going for the same day 10 years lawful ILR app in first week of Jan 2016.my timeline is Student 2 years,PSW 2 years,3C&3D 9 months,tier1 Gen 2 years,3c&3D 19 months,EEA fam member 15 months (10 years NO gaps) life in the uk and B1(trinity college) done this week.
Do I need to show tier1 dox?although there is nothing about employment in the app form.my wife is exercising treaty rights,she is on maternity since March this year.A solicitor told me today that maternity doesn't count towards treaty rights,that sound insane to me.
*** Any suggestions and advice will be appreciated ***

K4

Post by K4 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:10 am

By the grace of all mighty I would like to share my good news after 13 months of wait I have received my approval on Friday. Thanks to all the people who helped me and other fellow members. The reason as it took soo long cuz I did toeic in 2012. My case as follow

Applied: 29 Aug 2014
Bio done: 01 Oct 2014
Interview: 02 Sep 2015
Approval received: 09 Oct 2015

Hope you all get positive reply specially the ones who are suffering cuz of toeic..

janazaif
Newly Registered

Post by janazaif » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:06 pm

Makbrumiz wrote:
janazaif wrote:Referring shah-ah post, my husband case is same his application for student extension was on time but returned back coz fee was not cut, 2nd time sent but bank statement was older than 28 days so refused, 3rd time CAS was older so sent application with new CAS and it was approved.
After reading shah-ah post we are worried if continuity has been broken or not. Many other people I know have same situation. My husband qualified for 10 years LR and his appeal is in the court, he was about to withdraw his appeal and book same day appointment at Sheffield in next few days but shah-ah case made us extremely worried as he has been refused and got appeal due to second application and was considered it as a gap.Any suggestions please, I'm thankful all of you for making this forum helpful.

Hi,

Have you SAR report? What's saying on SAR report in CID.
HO mentioned just "Reject" or "Out of time application".

Can you please let me know & also time period of from initial application till approved visa.

Thanks
Thanks for your reply.
We don't have SAR and don't have time to wait for it, as they take so long. Time line is

UK entry 02/1/2005
Student ext 12/9/200 to 31/10/2006
2nd ext. 31/10/2006 to 30/11/2007
3rd ext. 4/12/2007 to 30/11/208
Psw 10/10/2008 to 10/10/210
Student visa applied 7/10/2010
Invalid due to fee 25/11/2010
Reapplied 30/11/2010
Refused due to bank statement was old 26/1/2011
Reapplied 9/02//2011
Refused (old CAS). 28/02/2011
Reapplied 11/03/2011
Got visa. 07/04/2011
I came in 2010 on student visa, in 2012 got psw and my husband became my dependent, in 2014 I applied for student visa, I got visa till Jan 2016 but husband got appeal due to private college thing, it is in process, he completed10 years and we want to withdraw appeal and are confused between premium or postal application. As my college is revoked so I'm also in trouble. What do suggest for my husband and for me. What are options? Is there right of appeal if he get refused for ILR ? Please help eseniors, I really appreciate your efforts.

yask

Post by yask » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:11 am

Hello All,
Does anyone with toeic has been invited for 2nd interview or received a letter for 2nd interview ??
What are the questions they are asking and how long is the interview for? Please share your experiences ...

abs4
Newly Registered

Post by abs4 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:37 pm

yask wrote:Hello All,
Does anyone with toeic has been invited for 2nd interview or received a letter for 2nd interview ??
What are the questions they are asking and how long is the interview for? Please share your experiences ...
Hi
When you applied

yask

Post by yask » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:50 pm

abs4 wrote:
yask wrote:Hello All,
Hi
When you applied

I applied on 23rd January

HITS123

Post by HITS123 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:07 pm

dear members

i am going to apply for 10 years long residence application in premium service this week and my husband also as we both completed 10 years but my kid who are 6 and half years old born in UK, what would be their status ?
what visa they could apply ?

my current status/situation:

my entreprenur visa application been refused and i appealed against it but i loss appeal however i completed my 10 years last year as i was waiting outcomes of appeal.

but my question is what about my kids status as they was part of my earlier entreprenur application?

do i have to apply them on FLR visa as make their status valid in UK or wait till i get my ilr?

thanks

omar1978

Post by omar1978 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:29 am

Hello

I have ILR on 10 years route and I am going to make application for my spouse and uk born baby

For spouse I am applying FLRM and MN1 application and I have few questions about this form and would be grateful if someone can answer

1. We are living in a studio flat last two years and baby born here as well.
Will it be satisfy HO for accommodation issue for both flrm and mn1 application??
2. Do the sponsor need to send his original passport with both flrm and mn1 application??
3.for flrm application can I provide financial statement(£18600 pay slips) or bank statement which is more than months older( 1 month older from the date of application)????
4 For MN1 application do i really need the reference as i spoke to GP, nurse ,health visitor....no one want to provide reference even the child born here and still living in the same address...they just said we cant

thanks

Makbrumiz
Newly Registered

Post by Makbrumiz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:11 am

Survivor07 wrote:@Mak

Congrats Geez. As I said you should be getting good news in couple of weeks. Bruv your case was appeal withdrawn and file for ILR same day right.

10 yrs victory is something only people in the same boat like you will realize. Enjoy your freedom.

Regards

Survivor
Yeah that's right. I withdrawn my Tier 1 appeal and after confirming from Tribunal then applied same day.
Hopefully you should get good news this week.
Thanks

Makbrumiz
Newly Registered

Post by Makbrumiz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:28 am

janazaif wrote:
Makbrumiz wrote:
janazaif wrote:Referring shah-ah post, my husband case is same his application for student extension was on time but returned back coz fee was not cut, 2nd time sent but bank statement was older than 28 days so refused, 3rd time CAS was older so sent application with new CAS and it was approved.
After reading shah-ah post we are worried if continuity has been broken or not. Many other people I know have same situation. My husband qualified for 10 years LR and his appeal is in the court, he was about to withdraw his appeal and book same day appointment at Sheffield in next few days but shah-ah case made us extremely worried as he has been refused and got appeal due to second application and was considered it as a gap.Any suggestions please, I'm thankful all of you for making this forum helpful.

Hi,

I think, I heard your case before from one of my friend who live in Worcester.

I have read few rules about invalidity which is problem and Shah_ah had same problem but I spoke with him and he will easily get through Inshallah.

Have you SAR report? What's saying on SAR report in CID.
HO mentioned just "Reject" or "Out of time application".

Can you please let me know & also time period of from initial application till approved visa.

Thanks
Thanks for your reply.
We don't have SAR and don't have time to wait for it, as they take so long. Time line is

UK entry 02/1/2005
Student ext 12/9/200 to 31/10/2006
2nd ext. 31/10/2006 to 30/11/2007
3rd ext. 4/12/2007 to 30/11/208
Psw 10/10/2008 to 10/10/210
Student visa applied 7/10/2010
Invalid due to fee 25/11/2010
Reapplied 30/11/2010
Refused due to bank statement was old 26/1/2011
Reapplied 9/02//2011
Refused (old CAS). 28/02/2011
Reapplied 11/03/2011
Got visa. 07/04/2011
I came in 2010 on student visa, in 2012 got psw and my husband became my dependent, in 2014 I applied for student visa, I got visa till Jan 2016 but husband got appeal due to private college thing, it is in process, he completed10 years and we want to withdraw appeal and are confused between premium or postal application. As my college is revoked so I'm also in trouble. What do suggest for my husband and for me. What are options? Is there right of appeal if he get refused for ILR ? Please help eseniors, I really appreciate your efforts.
Hi,

I think, I heard your case from one of my friend who live in Worcester. I have spoken with Shah_ah and he will easily get through inshallah. Invalidity is problem but I have read some case where people had issued but they got visas in appeal.

I am sorry, I tried to attached some files but I am unable to do it.

If you provide me email address them i can send you some rules which might help you out.

Thanks

blinkbox555
Newly Registered

Post by blinkbox555 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:05 am

Hi All,

I am about to apply for my Indefinite to Leave to Remain on the basis of Long Residence in the UK. I came to the UK End of December 2005. I am hoping to apply using the premium services via a PEO by the second week of December. Can this be done as theoretically speaking I have not completed residing for 10 years in the UK?

I have two reasons why I wanted to apply my ILR prior to completing 10 years:
Reason 1: My wife’s Tier 2 (Dependant) visa is about to expire on 05th January 2016. If I was to have my ILR well in time, I am in two minds whether to apply for a Tier 2 PBS dependant of FLR(M) as she has completed 2 years in residing in the UK. What would you be able to suggest best to do in these circumstances?

Reason 2: My son who was born in the UK last year (2014) - I am hoping to apply for his citizenship (Using MN1 form – please let me know if this is the correct procedure?) in the UK after I receive my ILR and thereafter apply for his British passport directly afterwards.

I know for a fact that with my ILR (10 year) application, I cannot include dependants, but briefly looking at the forms with regards to my wife’s case there is an option to include a dependant. Is it mandatory to include my son as a dependant? I would be very grateful if you would be able to guide me in the correct way.

BadgerSet
Newly Registered

Post by BadgerSet » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:09 pm

A small advisory:

If you are applying by post and paying with a Delta or Maestro card, PLEASE remember to circle the amount to pay on question A16. I missed this, and it seems a bit ridiculous, because I had already checked the amount (£1500) above in question A1, and there is only one option for you to circle (£1500-standard) in question A16. But nevertheless, you still have to circle that figure!

I didn't.

I noticed that they hadn't taken money from my account. Now, almost two months after my application, they sent me a letter advising me of the problem. My application as it stands is "invalid", and they sent a copy of that page to resubmit. I have 10 days to do it, or my application will be rejected.

I'm happy to say that at least the UKBA is giving me a second chance here.

I guess a broader piece of advice would be to review your application *slowly and carefully* before you send it (I reviewed it carefully, but not slowly). Better still, have someone else review it for you, too. Just to catch stuff like this.

I can see from this post that I'm not the first person to miss this.

I just want to help anyone I can to avoid to this unnecessary added stress in what is already a stressful process.

Good luck everyone!

Xam

Post by Xam » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:04 pm

K4 wrote:By the grace of all mighty I would like to share my good news after 13 months of wait I have received my approval on Friday. Thanks to all the people who helped me and other fellow members. The reason as it took soo long cuz I did toeic in 2012. My case as follow

Applied: 29 Aug 2014
Bio done: 01 Oct 2014
Interview: 02 Sep 2015
Approval received: 09 Oct 2015

Hope you all get positive reply specially the ones who are suffering cuz of toeic..
Congratulation k4.
Its been a very long time :)

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Badger cheers for the heads up mate. So you are back to square one - if I were you I would apply for the same day now as processing time these days although 7-10 weeks is still quite long.

applicant77
Newly Registered

Post by applicant77 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi All,

Been a silent reader for many months now,
This forum has helped me a lot and given me confidence.

Me and my wife are applying ILR through the 10 year long residence route
on the 16th of October sheffied (PEO)

Will update you guys when we get our ILR - INSHALLAH.