ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application refused

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

namastelondon

Naturalisation Application refused

Post by namastelondon » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi,

To cut the story short. I applied for Naturalisation on 2nd Aug 2014 through NCS Brent Council and refused for English qualification.
I have applied with my spouse.
The documents sent.
for me
1. Life in Uk Test.
2. PBS calculator with 30 points for Degree and 10 points for Engish for me being Tier 1 migrant and Bachelor Degree.

wife -
1. Life in Uk Test.
2. PBS calculator with 30 points for Degree and 10 points for her English . Calculated as being Tier 2 migrant and Bachelor+ master Degree. I also included a Naric certificate for her qualification comparison but did not include English proof as it was in PBS Calulator and she got 10 points for English.

It looks like the Home office is asking for Naric Ceritifcate for me too. They asked for some documents for me and I attached a PBS calculator for me again. I did not get what is the problem and what they are asking.

Strange part is Home office is giving 10 points for English to my wife but they are not giving to me even though I am the main applicant and my college is in PBS calculator.

I have been asked to fill form NR with £80. I am totally disgusted by their incompetence.

First of all for naturalisation now we have to apply as separate with £906 pound each. I felt as if NCS might have mixed the documents.
I do check everything before applying and I am pretty sure this was what was required.
I called home office helpline and asked that what is required by them and did not get any response. They ask me to write and letter and unfortunately my application is being refused. I am not going to lose my £1812 for these untrained staff.

Any Advice?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Application refused

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Can you post the full text of what the refusal says?? Did your wife get an approval or also a refusal?
I am the main applicant
There is no 'dependent' category for naturalisation. Each applicant, even spouses applying together, have to meet all the requirements individually. Did your wife meet all the requirements on her own of 5 years residence and 1 with ILR?
I am not going to lose my £1812
Unfortunately you will lose the fee if refused and reconsideration is unsuccessful.

As you cannot appeal a naturalisation refusal, best would be to ask for a reconsideration.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Where did you get your degrees? The wording of the refusal would be of considerable use here.

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:18 pm

ouflak1 wrote:Where did you get your degrees? The wording of the refusal would be of considerable use here.

These are the wording.

"The document you have submitted do not satisfy the new requirements which are detailed in information sheet(English qualification sheet available on UKBA)

You hold a degree of Bachelor of Technology( Computer Engineering) from XXX university. You have provided a a printout from U.K visa and Immigration online point system showing 30 points for this qualification however the 10 points for English language were obtained from YYY university and therefore do not correspond to your qualification. In addition UK Naric confirmation that the degree of BE from YYY university is comparable to British Bachelor(Honours) degree also does not refer to your qualification from XXX university."

Strange part is XXX is my university and YYY is my wife's university. They are mixing these two.

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:20 pm

CR001 wrote:Can you post the full text of what the refusal says?? Did your wife get an approval or also a refusal?
I am the main applicant
There is no 'dependent' category for naturalisation. Each applicant, even spouses applying together, have to meet all the requirements individually. Did your wife meet all the requirements on her own of 5 years residence and 1 with ILR?

Reply::::
Exactly, there is no joint application.
we both got ILR in Jan 2013.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:32 pm

I was referring to your comment saying "....though I am the main applicant" which implies main+dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:41 pm

CR001 wrote:I was referring to your comment saying "....though I am the main applicant" which implies main+dependent.
The letter I received from caseworker says my wife as dependent name. Clearly they are handling it like a joint application. They are referring to me but talking about my wife's qualification too.

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:47 pm

namastelondon wrote:
ouflak1 wrote:Where did you get your degrees? The wording of the refusal would be of considerable use here.

These are the wording.

"The document you have submitted do not satisfy the new requirements which are detailed in information sheet(English qualification sheet available on UKBA)

You hold a degree of Bachelor of Technology( Computer Engineering) from XXX university. You have provided a a printout from U.K visa and Immigration online point system showing 30 points for this qualification however the 10 points for English language were obtained from YYY university and therefore do not correspond to your qualification. In addition UK Naric confirmation that the degree of BE from YYY university is comparable to British Bachelor(Honours) degree also does not refer to your qualification from XXX university."

Strange part is XXX is my university and YYY is my wife's university. They are mixing these two.
Any advice please. I am going to call them tomorrow and see what they say. If anyone of you have any ideas, please share. It might also give information to other who might browse through this link in future.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:57 am

namastelondon wrote:
namastelondon wrote:

These are the wording.

Any advice please. I am going to call them tomorrow and see what they say. If anyone of you have any ideas, please share. It might also give information to other who might browse through this link in future.
Experts can tell you better but this caught my eye:
You hold a degree of Bachelor of Technology( Computer Engineering) from XXX university. You have provided a a printout from U.K visa and Immigration online point system showing 30 points for this qualification however the 10 points for English language were obtained from YYY university and therefore do not correspond to your qualification.
So your BIT is from Uni A and you are giving them printout from Uni B?

Surely you have to give printout of your BIT from Uni A instead of giving printout from a completely different university?
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:38 pm

fwd079 wrote:

These are the wording.

So your BIT is from Uni A and you are giving them printout from Uni B?

Surely you have to give printout of your BIT from Uni A instead of giving printout from a completely different university?
[/quote]

Which option do we select here
English language

In this section, you must score ten points for your English language skills at the time of application or your application will be refused.
If you are from a majority English speaking country you can automatically claim ten points for English language skills.
If you are not from a majority English speaking country, you can claim points either for an English language test or a degree taught in English equivalent to a Bachelor's degree or above in the UK.
How would you like to claim points for English language skills?
I am a national from a majority English speaking country
I have a qualification comparable to a UK Bachelor degree that was taught in English
I have passed an approved English language test
I have already proven my English language skills in a previous Tier 1 or HSMP application
I do not want to claim points for English language skills (your application will be refused, unless your assessment refers to a settlement application - see Help below)

I applied with I have already proven my English language skills in a previous Tier 1 or HSMP application and this gives me 10 points.

If we select option 2(I have a qualification comparable to a UK Bachelor degree that was taught in English) it gives 10 point but creates a table in PBS calculator which i believe this case worker might be looking.

Does anyone have got naturalisation using option 4? I believe this calculator is faulty. I was Tier 1 migrant before and it gives me 10 English points for both option 2 & 4.. Option 4 shows 10 points in summary and option 2 created a box which can be selected and used to claimed points for English.

Went to NCS today and they called Home office and talked to some caseworker. They have suggested me to send just document for me alone with clearly explaining to case worker. Caseworker might be confused with college name still. No need to apply for reconsideration.

san2014

Post by san2014 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:08 am

Hi everyone,

I need some advice please.

What should you do if you get Naturalization application refused please ??
(Not for criminal record)

Thanks in advance

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:30 pm

san2014 wrote:Hi everyone,

I need some advice please.

What should you do if you get Naturalization application refused please ??
(Not for criminal record)

Thanks in advance
Please click here for the information. You need to apply for review of your application.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:18 pm

namastelondon wrote:
fwd079 wrote:

Just thought of replying to help in case someone was in same situation as mine. My application was refused last year and I applied for reconsideration in Dec 14 and got approval on Oct 2015.
My case was clear but somehow this caseworker are some new joinees. The case worker rejected my application as she might be expecting a NARIC certificate which was not required.

I made numerous call initially as to what to do. I send the proof to the caseworker before applying for reconsideration proving her how I have cleared the English criteria. She discussed with her senior caseworker and told me that she is happy with the proof and ask me to apply for reconsideration.

The problem is that Home Office have no timeline for reconsideration and you have no idea how long it can take. This is where I took help of my MP and one of her colleague ask me to not make call to them as it will not help. Nothing was working and I requested my MP many time and she told me that she had called some one in Home office and now they will look into my application. It still took 2 months.

Clearly something is wrong with the process. I we do a mistake we lose the fees and if they do mistake then nothing happens. At some point I was thinking to apply again rather than waiting for approval.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:48 am

namastelondon wrote: Just thought of replying to help in case someone was in same situation as mine. My application was refused last year and I applied for reconsideration in Dec 14 and got approval on Oct 2015.
My case was clear but somehow this caseworker are some new joinees. The case worker rejected my application as she might be expecting a NARIC certificate which was not required.

I made numerous call initially as to what to do. I send the proof to the caseworker before applying for reconsideration proving her how I have cleared the English criteria. She discussed with her senior caseworker and told me that she is happy with the proof and ask me to apply for reconsideration.

The problem is that Home Office have no timeline for reconsideration and you have no idea how long it can take. This is where I took help of my MP and one of her colleague ask me to not make call to them as it will not help. Nothing was working and I requested my MP many time and she told me that she had called some one in Home office and now they will look into my application. It still took 2 months.

Clearly something is wrong with the process. I we do a mistake we lose the fees and if they do mistake then nothing happens. At some point I was thinking to apply again rather than waiting for approval.
Namaste namastelondon,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I've been waiting since September 2014 and my local MP has turned out to be absolutely useless. The usual answer to the MP from Home Office is that the ongoing regular checks are still being carried out and MP cannot inquiry why it's taking this long.

Regards,
Siraj