ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry
tiger girl

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by tiger girl » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:30 pm

Raymandosnr wrote:
tiger girl wrote:
Raymandosnr wrote:I received a letter from my MP today basically telling me that they won't look at the evidence even though it looks correct and the original decision made was wrong and all I have to do it appeal
Hi so thay are saying that the review wont be look at that you have to appeal or are they saying that they are going to look at the appeal process not mp letter. Did your mp send all the corespondent that you sent to the appeal and a formal letter? Did they call mp or sent a leter to mp??
They will only look at the appeal that i have submitted, I will cal my MP to see if there is anything else he can do otherwise I have t wait for my appeal to be successful inshallah
Inshallah hope for the best.

sal29
Newly Registered

Post by sal29 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi, I recently started reading here, I haven't submitted my case yet but wanted to ask how many applicant photos do I need to send with the application and do they all need to be passport sized and different photos or all copies of the same? And how many photos does the applicant need to take when handing their passport in and do they need to be passport sized and same as the passport photo?
Also, does the applicant need to send a copy of their NIC card and passport to the uk to give in with the rest of the supporting documents?
And is the NHS surcharge paid within the online application form like the visa fee is or is that paid in a separate way?
Last question, I've heard the TB test can be asked for at the uk airport and since it will have been sent to the sponsor in the UK, will a copy of it do at the airport incase they do ask?

rstar60
Newly Registered

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by rstar60 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:32 am

All,

Just wanted to share our visa processing timeline for reference:

Application Type: Spouse Visa
Date of Marriage: Apr 2015
Online application: 1st Oct, 2015
VFS appoint for finger print + submission of original docs: 5th Oct, 2015 @ Seoul, South Korea
Urgent Processing fee paid on 5th Oct, 2015
Document Received @ British Consulate, Manila: 6th Oct 2015
Application processed (email received that a decision has been made and docs are being returned) on: 08th Oct, 2015
Passport along with original documents received in post on 13th Oct, 2015

Wishing all the best to those who are waiting for an outcome - ours was surprisingly quick! :lol:

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:06 am

Dear All,

I will be very grateful if someone can assist me with my query

I was looking to apply for wife's spouse visa in first week of August but unfortunately my company went into administration and i was jobless for two months so couldn't start the process.

I found a job in last week of August that met the £18,600 threshold but resigned from it last week as the job was out of city however, I have already started another job.

My question is can i use september's payslip from my previous employer, combination of previous/current employer for october and nov,dec,jan,feb with my new employer towards the 6 months period? Please your guidance will act as a great help

Many thanks

hayaahrff

Post by hayaahrff » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:50 am

Luckybird wrote:
pindbanda wrote:
Mysterious wrote: Congrats - yes it seems Sheffield more competent and also your visa date is stamped for future travel because before people were collecting and one week was already gone so they had less time to travel

I know you emailed for update request but did you only receive one official email saying come and collect passport and your spouse didn't get a processed email? (as you had an update request one)
My Wife received the emails and I asked her to send them all to me.

I think the processed email was received because we requested an update. I don't believe these are sent as a matter of course. My wife received the single email to collect, which was then followed up by a phone call this morning.
My husband received an e-mail from CRMADMIN today followed by a telephone call today and will be collecting his passport tomorrow. It's taken them 2 weeks since the processed update to finally contact us for the collection of the passport.
In shaa Allah duas are with you

theelite16
Newly Registered

Post by theelite16 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:07 am

sal29 wrote:Hi, I recently started reading here, I haven't submitted my case yet but wanted to ask 1. how many applicant photos do I need to send with the application and do they all need to be passport sized and different photos or all copies of the same? 2. And how many photos does the applicant need to take when handing their passport in and do they need to be passport sized and same as the passport photo?
3. Also, does the applicant need to send a copy of their NIC card and passport to the uk to give in with the rest of the supporting documents?
4.And is the NHS surcharge paid within the online application form like the visa fee is or is that paid in a separate way?
5.Last question, I've heard the TB test can be asked for at the uk airport and since it will have been sent to the sponsor in the UK, will a copy of it do at the airport incase they do ask?
1. I'm actually wondering the same. Insha'Allah I will be sending the documents to Sheffield this week but am unsure how many photos of the applicant AND sponsor I need to send. One applicant passport photo will be on the printed online application form which you send with your supported documents. Maybe that's it?

2. I advised my wife to take 2 passport photos. They stuck one on the application form and gave one back. If I were you, I would tell the spouse to take 2 also.

3. Yes. If your spouse has the new English version CNIC, then that's fine, otherwise if it's the old Urdu one it will need to be translated (from an official organisation). And a passport copy of the biometric page and other used pages is needed also. You will need copies of all passports, current and old.

4. The IHS is paid right after the online application, in the same process. For some strange reason, maybe because I chose that I'm paying for it outside of the UK, I paid in Pakistani Rupees and got his with transaction charges. :(

5. I've read in this forum that a copy should be fine. However, I intend to go to Pakistan to accompany my wife back, and if the supported documents have been sent back to me by then, I will take the original certificate with me.

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:26 am

I am also wondering the same about the TB test as before and even on certificate it says you need it when to you travel back but obviously its sent to Sheffield so Id post it back to other half but that’s only if I get it on time before his travel date otherwise id make sure I have a copy of it.

Zainykhal

Post by Zainykhal » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:40 am

aprboom wrote:Dear All,

I will be very grateful if someone can assist me with my query

I was looking to apply for wife's spouse visa in first week of August but unfortunately my company went into administration and i was jobless for two months so couldn't start the process.

I found a job in last week of August that met the £18,600 threshold but resigned from it last week as the job was out of city however, I have already started another job.

My question is can i use september's payslip from my previous employer, combination of previous/current employer for october and nov,dec,jan,feb with my new employer towards the 6 months period? Please your guidance will act as a great help

. Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – person residing in the UK

5.1.1. Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried employment at the date of application and has been with the same employer for at least 6 months prior to the date of application, they can count their gross annual salary towards the financial requirement. In doing so they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2015.pdf

Many thanks

wings.007
Newly Registered

Post by wings.007 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:20 pm

Real Urgent Hello Every one,

I hope that everyone gets their visa and gets over with the Visa nightmare.

Please folks I need some information:

How do I include IHS number in my application as application seems blocked and the final printed application doesn't show IHS number.

Shall appreciate!!!

adealerking

Post by adealerking » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:48 pm

Spouse Visa for UK - Timeline

married in jhelum - SATURDAY 1 NOVEMBER 2014

online submission and payments - THURSDAY 9 JULY 2015

Biometrics & documents
submitted @ ISB VAC - WEDNESDAY 22nd JULY 2015 @ 13:00

Application confirmation received @ Sheffield UK - FRIDAY 24th JULY 2015

12 weeks (84 days) ( 60 working days ) count down from 27 JULY 2015 MONDAY Until 16 OCTOBER 2015 FRIDAY

***Update - 13 October 2015 Tuesday***

Just got Gmail.

donotreply@hgs-ukvi.co.uk

application has been processed and a
decision has been made.

waiting.....

hayaahrff

Post by hayaahrff » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:12 pm

monadii wrote:Can the sponsor pay for the application and NHS surcharges from the UK?
Yes you can if your filling in the online application

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Today I have received an email which is quite worrying. Can some help me. I am worried. It came from visa section in sheffield. It said the following:

"Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection."

I applied on 16/07/2015, biometrics were done on 28/07/2015. My application was straight forward as far as I am aware. Has anybody been in the same position as me?
Online Application: 16/07/2015
Biometrics: 28/07/2015
Delayed Email Received: 13/09/2015
Escalated: 01/10/2015
Escalted: 23/11/2015
VISA GRANTED: 23/12/2015!!!!

sal29
Newly Registered

Post by sal29 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:40 pm

Thanks for the help theelite16!
rstar60 wrote:All,

VFS appoint for finger print + submission of original docs: 5th Oct, 2015 @ Seoul, South Korea
Application processed (email received that a decision has been made and docs are being returned) on: 08th Oct, 2015

Wishing all the best to those who are waiting for an outcome - ours was surprisingly quick! :lol:
Hi, congratulations, how come yours was so quick, is it cos of the urgent processing fee, I've not heard of that, how much is it?

adealerking

Post by adealerking » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:24 pm

sal29 wrote:Thanks for the help theelite16!
rstar60 wrote:All,

Hi, congratulations, how come yours was so quick, is it cos of the urgent processing fee, I've not heard of that, how much is it?
HAVE I JUST READ THAT CORRECTLY...VISA UNDER 2 WEEKS GRANTED...

shak4311
Newly Registered

Post by shak4311 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:33 pm

Guys and girls just quick question
Can applicant sign the application and send a scaned copy to be submitted in sheffield or does it have to be original
Many thanks

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:52 pm

newbie227 wrote:Luckybird - this is copied from their standard emails:

We have service level standards for processing UK visa applications. We
will process 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within
6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date;
and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the biometric taken
date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date.
Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days.

So yes, it is from the biometric date.
@newbie227

Thank you for this!
I have been watching the immigration process for almost 3 yes now think I know what im on about! @luckybird, they can't start processing your application unless u have had biometric appointment as u can have maximum of 3 months to do this
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

theelite16
Newly Registered

Post by theelite16 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:12 am

shak4311 wrote:Guys and girls just quick question
Can applicant sign the application and send a scaned copy to be submitted in sheffield or does it have to be original
Many thanks
It needs to be original. Ask them to post it to you.

theelite16
Newly Registered

Post by theelite16 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:13 am

Two questions please:

1) Apart from the one applicant photo on the printed application form, how many more do I need to give of the applicant?
2) Do I need to give any photos of myself, the sponsor?

Thank you

frqazi

Post by frqazi » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:31 am

wings.007 wrote:Real Urgent Hello Every one,

I hope that everyone gets their visa and gets over with the Visa nightmare.

Please folks I need some information:

How do I include IHS number in my application as application seems blocked and the final printed application doesn't show IHS number.

Shall appreciate!!!
You should have got 2 emails after paying for the IHS. Just print those off

frqazi

Post by frqazi » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:33 am

shak4311 wrote:Guys and girls just quick question
Many thanks
It has to be original

frqazi

Post by frqazi » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:35 am

theelite16 wrote:Two questions please:

1) Apart from the one applicant photo on the printed application form, how many more do I need to give of the applicant?

Thank you
1. Just the 1 needed on the application form. The applicant needs to also submit one during biometrics.
2. no photos needed of the sponsor. Just a certified copy of your passport

newbie227
Newly Registered

Post by newbie227 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:48 am

@stillwaiting123

Very very true. It's never been from the online application date, that would make no sense whatsoever.

It's not some made up theory. It's always been from the biometric date, it's mentioned explicitly in a variety of correspondence.

theelite16
Newly Registered

Post by theelite16 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:50 am

frqazi wrote:
theelite16 wrote:Two questions please:

Thank you
1. Just the 1 needed on the application form. The applicant needs to also submit one during biometrics.
2. no photos needed of the sponsor. Just a certified copy of your passport
Much appreciated!

Haze77

Re: English test - Pakistan Spouse Visa

Post by Haze77 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:52 am

Hi,

Could anybody advise me on this please?

Is an Englih test taken in 2013 still valid for new applications made before 5th November 2015?

Many Thanks in advance.

May Allah make it easy for everyone, Ameen

Haze77 wrote:Hi,

Trying to get visa for wife. Last time refused only because rental income was not going directly to bank account.

Making a fresh application.

Spouse passed city and guilds English tests in April 2013, in listening and speaking.

I understand that these English tests can be used if we make a fresh application before 5th November 2015.

Could somebody please confirm that this is the case and that the spouse does not need to take the new English test?

Many Thanks in advance.

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing

Re: English test - Pakistan Spouse Visa

Post by Raymandosnr » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:03 pm

Could anybody advise me on this please?

Is an Englih test taken in 2013 still valid for new applications made before 5th November 2015?

Many Thanks in advance.

May Allah make it easy for everyone, Ameen

Trying to get visa for wife. Last time refused only because rental income was not going directly to bank account.

Making a fresh application.

Spouse passed city and guilds English tests in April 2013, in listening and speaking.

I understand that these English tests can be used if we make a fresh application before 5th November 2015.

Could somebody please confirm that this is the case and that the spouse does not need to take the new English test?

Many Thanks in advance.
YES! :)
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15