ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Child birth report abroad has been refused!

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mmc

My Child birth report abroad has been refused!

Post by mmc » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Hi experts,
My wife is a US citizen by birth and spent initial 2 years in the US and later moved to UK due to her parents moved from the US. We submitted a Child birth report abroad for my new born child in the US embassy, but it was refused due to the fact that his mother (US citizen) has not spent total of 5 years. This is very disappointing for us. We are looking a US citizen ship for my child and don't know what to do ? Can any one help please ?

- Also I am looking a US spouse visa/permit for myself too ? How can I get the spouse visa/permit etc ?

Rgds
MMC
MMC

vinny

Re: My Child birth report abroad has been refused!

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mmc

Re: My Child birth report abroad has been refused!

Post by mmc » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:30 pm

Thanks Vinny for the links, however every link says to file a petition form I-130, which would take 6-12 months time to get processed and then another 4-6months for the counselor/embassy to issue immigration visa :(

I don't understand why physical presence is so important in the US ?

Rgds
MMC
MMC