ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change od address for GNIB

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

karen711

change od address for GNIB

Post by karen711 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Hi every one,, i need advice om 2 opinions please..please present your opinions if you have experience this,
1)my Gnib card was issued by Naas garda station, but now i have mooved to dublin,,what is the procedure to change the address, i mean what is the quickest and easiest way?its stamp4eufam,, i dont want to stick into que for whole day,,or wudnt even want to go there coz of my job...thanks
2) one my frnd got stam4eufam but when he checked his garda card after few week the card was miss printed to stamp4 for 5 years rather then stamp4eufam,,he also has mooved to dublin now,he card was issued from carlow,so what shoulld he do now?
thanks

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: change od address for GNIB

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:35 pm

Please find below the answers of ur 2 questions:

1- You must report to INIS and change ur address otherwise you could end up in trouble when you extend ur visa. I know ur job is important but every one's job is important who queue up there every day.

2- your friend should go to the Garda station or in INIS to change his stamp

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:02 pm

I have stamp4eufam.
the easiest way to update your address is by writing to EU Treaty rights and they will update your address. You need to send them copy of your apartment contract and utility bill.

karen711

Post by karen711 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:02 pm

thanks.,but am living on sharing and i pay rent to my friend, he has lease on his name, but i do have my bank statment on this address or letter from health private insurance, thats the only proof of address i have,, someone told me just to let email to gnib dublin and they will change it ,?"
thanks

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:09 pm

Just send an email to gnib_dv@garda.ie
Mention your new address. It should be enough, you don't need proof. Generally they don't ask for a proof, however in a worst case scenario, if they need, you can always provide your private health insurance letter scanned copy. However I am sure you won't need that.

karen711

Post by karen711 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:20 pm

thank you all, cash hunter for you also,,its very useful forum,

karen711

Post by karen711 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi there...just the quick one..i mooves to limerick from dublin.i got changed my address at gnib office from dublin to lomerick as well, shud i need to inform depart justice eu treaty as well for changin my address or once i changed in gnib,,it automaticly changed at depart justice?thanks

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:48 am

karen711 wrote:Hi there...just the quick one..i mooves to limerick from dublin.i got changed my address at gnib office from dublin to lomerick as well, shud i need to inform depart justice eu treaty as well for changin my address or once i changed in gnib,,it automaticly changed at depart justice?thanks
So how did you change your address when you moved to Dublin? By emailing @ GNIB_DV?!? Right?! Did you also have to email EU Treaty Rights when you moved to Limerick?
I have the same issue.
Thanks,