ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we send a photo copy of our marriage certi for extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sherife
Newly Registered
Egypt

Can we send a photo copy of our marriage certi for extension

Post by sherife » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:11 pm

Hi,

My wife and I are preparing to submit her FLR(M) to extend her visa for another 2.5 years. However, we seem to have left our marriage certificate (in Arabic + the translation) in Egypt while on holiday there.

We do have a photo copy at the moment of both (cert + translation) and can get the original re-issued and translated, but would the photo copy be enough at this stage? as this is an extension and they've already checked the certificate when they issued her current visa? The re-issue and translation will delay our application by at least 3 weeks.

If we submit the copy, would they refuse the application or ask for the original docs if needed?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sherif

sherife
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: Can we send a photo copy of our marriage certi for exten

Post by sherife » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:26 pm

I contacted the ukba by phone, they advices to send the photocopy with a cover letter explaining the situation. As they already checked the certificate while applying for the current visa they might be ok with the copy.

sherife
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by sherife » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:11 pm

We received a letter from the Home Office requesting the original certificate, with a 10 day deadline. We sent that through.

Just thought I'd share the full experience.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:19 pm

Thanks for updating us. It's helpful for other members. One would have thought a copy would be acceptable as the original had been submitted previously...but the Home Office aren't known for using common sense! :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.