ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

THE FUNNNY REALITY OF HOME OFFICE CALL CENTER

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

azka

THE FUNNNY REALITY OF HOME OFFICE CALL CENTER

Post by azka » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:05 pm

HI i just want to inform to all of you, please do not waist time to call home office for any update, let me tell you I phoned home office yesterday 20TH OCTOBER to get an update of my application after 6month time period, I have been given this information "MY APPLICATION IS STILL UNDER CONSIDERATION"

today 21 october I received my approval letter dated 16th october via 2nd class mail

this clearly shows home office even after 6 month time period of the application just giving outdated, standard automated reply without even looking at the case itself, they do not even bothered about to check the status of application.

Casa

Re: THE FUNNNY REALITY OF HOME OFFICE CALL CENTER

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:15 pm

We've all long suspected the phone lines are actually manned by robots, set on automatic with the same recorded response. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

azka

Post by azka » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:17 pm

Casa wrote:We've all long suspected the phone lines are actually manned by robots, set on automatic with the same recorded response. :|
well said casa

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:24 am

No. Ukba the 2nd class post users cannot afford robots but I suspect they are agency security guards who answer phone.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:04 am

Casa wrote:We've all long suspected the phone lines are actually manned by robots, set on automatic with the same recorded response. :|
HAHAHA!! :mrgreen:

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:06 am

Universal soldier wrote:No. Ukba the 2nd class post users cannot afford robots but I suspect they are agency security guards who answer phone.
What a waste of our tax..

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:08 am

yes this home office team doesn't have any laid out process or procedures to follow.

HO may be directing them on daily email basis.. Courtesy : T.May

Very unproffessional and unpredcitable... they are treating us so badly even after charging such a premium..

EU Migrants will suit them better...

Looks like I have to migrate again :-)

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:26 pm

chowkal wrote:yes this home office team doesn't have any laid out process or procedures to follow.

HO may be directing them on daily email basis.. Courtesy : T.May

Very unproffessional and unpredcitable... they are treating us so badly even after charging such a premium..

EU Migrants will suit them better...

Looks like I have to migrate again :-)
My sentiments exactly, and I couldn't avoid it - unfortunately. Too late for me to migrate since I'm married and settled in. Hopefully Jeremy Corbyn will bring some positive changes, Teresa May's days are numbered :mrgreen:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blo ... interviews

http://www.theguardian.com/higher-educa ... and-talent

ArtfulBadger
Newly Registered

Post by ArtfulBadger » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:52 pm

I'm waiting since the 27th of March, with the last contact from them on the 19th of May.

Called last Friday and was told that my application was still being considered, but no other information. The gentleman said he could not attach a comment to it and that no further information was required from me.

I called for the second time yesterday and was told someone would call me back within 3 days. Hasn't happened yet. Told the nice lady that some people on this forum back in March received their decision in three weeks. (It's true, look for yourself.) And that many people from July have received their decisions. "That's not possible", she said, "No one gets it that quickly, it takes 6 months". Oh, right...

My MP has contacted them, I've sent a registered letter to the mysterious name on the only communication I've received (the letter in May asking for more information).

Deceitful, lying people on the phone. And a so-called case worker who probably doesn't even work there anymore.

More news as it arrives...

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:37 pm

ArtfulBadger wrote:I'm waiting since the 27th of March, with the last contact from them on the 19th of May.

Called last Friday and was told that my application was still being considered, but no other information. The gentleman said he could not attach a comment to it and that no further information was required from me.

I called for the second time yesterday and was told someone would call me back within 3 days. Hasn't happened yet. Told the nice lady that some people on this forum back in March received their decision in three weeks. (It's true, look for yourself.) And that many people from July have received their decisions. "That's not possible", she said, "No one gets it that quickly, it takes 6 months". Oh, right...

My MP has contacted them, I've sent a registered letter to the mysterious name on the only communication I've received (the letter in May asking for more information).

Deceitful, lying people on the phone. And a so-called case worker who probably doesn't even work there anymore.

More news as it arrives...
Nicht akzeptabel :|

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:Hopefully Jeremy Corbyn will bring some positive changes, Teresa May's days are numbered
They are all same even worst who after taking oath always target non-eu foreign immigrants :lol: :mrgreen:

rooibos
Member of Standing

Post by rooibos » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:42 pm

I disagree. Robots are intelligent and could do a better job than the untermenschen (under)employed by the HO.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:55 pm

@cool mind They always blame us for "stealing" jobs which is nonsense. Immigrants do not steal jobs, they help fill vital skill shortages and, in doing so, create demand and more jobs. If we did steal jobs, there wouldn’t be record levels of employment UK currently do.

@rooibos Vollkommen einverstanden, artificial intelligence is no match for the stupidity of Home Office staff..

ArtfulBadger
Newly Registered

Post by ArtfulBadger » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:17 am

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:@cool mind They always blame us for "stealing" jobs which is nonsense. Immigrants do not steal jobs, they help fill vital skill shortages and, in doing so, create demand and more jobs. If we did steal jobs, there wouldn’t be record levels of employment UK currently do.

@rooibos Vollkommen einverstanden, artificial intelligence is no match for the stupidity of Home Office staff..
Siraj, my husband did a study for the Diocese of Leicester about NEETS, young people not in employment, education or training. What he found is that in Leicester NEETS are predominantly British born, not from a BME group and often with generational unemployment. When a Costa Coffee promised a definite interview to people on a NEET support programme, something like 19 people applied and none showed up for the interview. They tended to rarely leave their neighbourhoods (or even their houses!) and were even often encouraged by parents to stay home from school to help around the house.

You can't steal something from someone who threw it away...

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:50 am

ArtfulBadger wrote:
Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:@cool mind They always blame us for "stealing" jobs which is nonsense. Immigrants do not steal jobs, they help fill vital skill shortages and, in doing so, create demand and more jobs. If we did steal jobs, there wouldn’t be record levels of employment UK currently do.

Siraj, my husband did a study for the Diocese of Leicester about NEETS, young people not in employment, education or training. What he found is that in Leicester NEETS are predominantly British born, not from a BME group and often with generational unemployment. When a Costa Coffee promised a definite interview to people on a NEET support programme, something like 19 people applied and none showed up for the interview. They tended to rarely leave their neighbourhoods (or even their houses!) and were even often encouraged by parents to stay home from school to help around the house.

You can't steal something from someone who threw it away...
Thanks for sharing Diana, it is very sad state of affairs really. I'm very saddened by the fact that despite all of our contribution to the economy how our applications are treated as an unwanted parcel. Kein compasion..