ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Professional referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

IlrDependent
Newly Registered

Professional referee

Post by IlrDependent » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Hello All,

I know someone who has been in UK for last three years on secondment from my home country, working in State Bank of India, Kings Road London. This is only as an extension counter of the State Bank of India, which has a head office in Mumbai, India. I came to know him just a few days back as friend of my relative. He is a Dealer in the bank and has Indian passport.

I am concerned as the bank operates here only as extension counter. Is that an issue?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Professional referee

Post by ElenaW » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:02 pm

The referee needs to have known you for at least three years so he would not qualify for that reason.
I tell it like it is.

IlrDependent
Newly Registered

Post by IlrDependent » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:32 am

Thanks for the response.

I have another confusion.

In the section-3 of AN form, they are asking for evidence of lawful residence during the 5 years period. I am submitting my new and expired passports for this. Is that sufficient. How will they determine from passport about my lawful residence in UK from my passport. I have got a few P60 and P45 as well. Should I put them as well?

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:32 am

They will find/calculate your residence from the 2.1 Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom. I just submitted my current & expired passports only with my application.

By the way look at the Referees list

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf

All the very best.

IlrDependent
Newly Registered

Post by IlrDependent » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Hello All,

If I pay the application fee by credit card, will they charge me for payment by credit card.

Thanks.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:43 pm

IlrDependent wrote:Hello All,

If I pay the application fee by credit card, will they charge me for payment by credit card.

Thanks.
Yes. They will charge whatever card details you supply.
I tell it like it is.

IlrDependent
Newly Registered

Post by IlrDependent » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:35 am

Hey Guys,

What are the documents you all are submitting?
I got ILR in 2013 and am employed full time. So, as mentioned at the back of AN form, I am submitting

Application Form
Passport
BRP (visa )
Life in UK Test taken for ILR
NARIC certificates for English Language

Other than these, is there a need to submit any other document.

Thanks

IlrDependent
Newly Registered

Post by IlrDependent » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:07 pm

Hey Guys,

I am in a real difficult situation. I have not been able to find any professional reference. I have tried all options.

Can I send professional reference after sending the main application. I want to send the main application now itself so as to avoid the change in rules from Nov-2015 onwards.

Please let me know your opinion on this asap.

Thanks.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:55 pm

IlrDependent wrote:Hey Guys,

I am in a real difficult situation. I have not been able to find any professional reference. I have tried all options.

Can I send professional reference after sending the main application. I want to send the main application now itself so as to avoid the change in rules from Nov-2015 onwards.

Thanks.
What changes coming in November 2015

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:17 pm

ElenaW wrote:

Thanks.
I think the poster means will the UKVI charge a fee for using a credit card as against a debit card. I don't know the answer, we've always, always used postal orders, and over 12 years and God knows how many visas now, zero rejections. Nichego.

Sure you pay a fair whack extra in Post Office commission but peace of mind is important, how many times do we see posters here having payment issues?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Wanderer wrote:
ElenaW wrote:

Thanks.
I think the poster means will the UKVI charge a fee for using a credit card as against a debit card. I don't know the answer, we've always, always used postal orders, and over 12 years and God knows how many visas now, zero rejections. Nichego.

Sure you pay a fair whack extra in Post Office commission but peace of mind is important, how many times do we see posters here having payment issues?
I don't think they will charge fee for credit card payment which usually do by street off license shop for payments less than £5. Anybody should throw light of exact change (if any) coming.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Change on the 5th Nov 2015 in approved English tests and test providers.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Casa wrote:Change on the 5th Nov 2015 in approved English tests and test providers.
Hi casa. It means no other major change except English language but would it affect to UK university master degree holder??

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:27 pm

No
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:32 pm

Casa wrote:No
Thanks for reply. Às the title of thread I have another query regarding reference that can a British national a director of studies of a college and British national software engineer/non-british national operations manager of college will be fine??

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:33 pm

Have you read through the approved list of referees?
(Casa, not CR001)

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:34 pm

IlrDependent wrote:Hey Guys,

Thanks.
Is there no one with an approved profession who is able to act as a referee?
(Casa, not CR001)

IlrDependent
Newly Registered

Post by IlrDependent » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:42 pm

Hey Casa, Thanks for showing concern.

I just found one today who is account and has membership of Accountants body in UK. Apart from this I have this another question. I have filled in partner details. So do I need to include her passport , BRP and marriage certificate.

Thanks.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:45 pm

If you are applying through the NCS they will copy all official documents and return the originals to you before you leave.
(Casa, not CR001)

IlrDependent
Newly Registered

Post by IlrDependent » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:36 pm

Hey Casa, My question is not about original or photocopies?

I am asking if I need to send marriage certificates, partners' passport & visa as well? I am asking this question because the form asks for partner's details as well? So are others submitting thier partner's documents as well.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:23 pm

You only send partner documents if your partner is British and you are applying on this basis. If you are only apllying for yourself based on 5 years residrnce, you dont send partner documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

IlrDependent
Newly Registered

Post by IlrDependent » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:31 am

Hey CR01,

Thanks for the reply.

Can my wife submit the documents at NCS as I don't want to take leave from office. Also any idea where is this NCS service cheapest. Croydon council NCS takes 50.00 pounds. I had heard that at some places they charge only 30.00 pounds.

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:01 pm

IlrDependent wrote:Hey CR01,

Thanks for the reply.

Can my wife submit the documents at NCS as I don't want to take leave from office. Also any idea where is this NCS service cheapest. Croydon council NCS takes 50.00 pounds. I had heard that at some places they charge only 30.00 pounds.

Thanks
If you are the applicant for BC, you need to submit the documents in person with the NCS. There may be cheaper councils, but you'd need to consider the travelling cost to get to there. £50 is actually cheaper than many.
(Casa, not CR001)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:28 pm

IlrDependent wrote:Hey CR01,

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks
Citizenship is a major step, NCS are there to help you get it right which is why you are needed to attend in person.
They may have questions for you.
They will have pick & choose the documents to submit.
Be sure to take enough relevant evidence with you so the NCS official can pick & choose what is actually required to be submitted.
(That approach will save you petrol & unnecessary repeat trips to NCS).

Suggest focusing on the bigger picture (rather than trying to save £10 or £20 on NCS or credit card fees);
that will help you get through this process more easily.

Be aware, some NCS in London area offer Saturday appointments &/or evening appointments.
(5-seconds and a Google search is all you need to find them).
So you have other opportunities to leave the office & attend to this life-changing matter,

Regarding referees, the requirements are clear & well-publicised.
It would be prudent to cultivate such connections, during your immigration journey in UK, so that they are available when you need them.

I notice your wife appears to have used your forum id on occasion & is also on track to naturalise in a few years.
Obviously she should also be cultivating potential referees, so they can vouch for her when the time comes.

PS Add the separate Payment Form to the list of documents you need to submit;
(again Google is our friend).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

IlrDependent
Newly Registered

Post by IlrDependent » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:42 pm

Hey, Many Thanks for the detailed reply. Really appreciate it.

Can the professional referer be a friend of one of my relative? I know the referer cannot be a relative? Also if he is a bank official, Can he give his personal yahoo email-id or Should the email-id be that of office?

Also my biometric data was taken in March-2013 for ILR. Will they still call me for biometric again?