ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Advice please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vndpag

EEA4 Advice please

Post by vndpag » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Hi Gurus.
Please some body can guide me through I non EEA resident permit valid until October 2016. Married in June 2011 I will be completing five years in June 2016. I am thinking to apply in June 2016 and my wife acquired her permanent resident in December 2014 ( Blue Card) since then she is maternity till October 2015. I have little daughter 9 month old my wife she will be looking after her and no plan to go back to work.
In this case my wife will be self efficient. Do I have to consider CSI now ? Or what is best option for me to apply on basis of my wife current situation.
Please guide me through I have been reading this forum time to time I really appreciate if anyone help me to prepare in advance.
Thank you and hoping to hear from you soon
    EEA1 & EEA2 Application sent on 26/07/2011
    Received by Home Office 27/07/2011
    EEA1 and COA Received in one pack 23/09/2011 (Dated 01/09/2011)
    Resident Card 18/10/2011

noajthan

Re: EEA4 Advice please

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:43 pm

vndpag wrote:Hi Gurus.
    Please some body can guide me through I non EEA resident permit valid until October 2016. Married in June 2011 I will be completing five years in June 2016. I am thinking to apply in June 2016 and my wife acquired her permanent resident in December 2014 ( Blue Card) since then she is maternity till October 2015. I have little daughter 9 month old my wife she will be looking after her and no plan to go back to work.
    In this case my wife will be self efficient. Do I have to consider CSI now ? Or what is best option for me to apply on basis of my wife current situation.
    Please guide me through I have been reading this forum time to time I really appreciate if anyone help me to prepare in advance.
    Thank you and hoping to hear from you soon
      You have said your spouse has already acquired PR (in UK).
      In that case, my understanding is she does not have to exercise treaty rights any more;
      (ofcourse she may do so if she wishes to - it's a free country after all).

On that basis, you may continue to simply reside in UK (your economic activity is immmaterial) until you have acquired your PR;
      (sometime in middle of next year, based on your stated timelines).

Ofcourse there's never any harm in holding an EHIC in any case;
      (ie an EHIC issued by your country, not a UK-issued EHIC).

Good luck.
      All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vndpag

Post by vndpag » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:23 am

Hi noajthan
      Thank you very much for your reply. Yes my wife received her permanent resident card (EEA3 blue card) on December 2014 since then she is on maternity leave. Now due to my daughter just nine month old she will not able to go back to work.
      My wife was so depressed couple of months go and we were arguing each other's and she took over stress her self. She even want to leave this country and go back to her country with my daughter. Now things are calm down and we are understood each other.
      My only concern is EEA4 application on July 2016 on basis of my wife treaty right as on active worker but she is not working at all after PR from 2014 so what documents do I have to show ? Her 5 years P60 from 2009 to 2014 along with her PR Card is that enough. 18 month unemployment from 2014 to July 2016 will be any problem when I apply for my PR ?
      Please advice me that once again thank you very much
      Resident Card 18/10/2011

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:21 pm

vndpag wrote:My only concern is EEA4 application on July 2016 on basis of my wife treaty right as on active worker but she is not working at all after PR from 2014 so what documents do I have to show ? Her 5 years P60 from 2009 to 2014 along with her PR Card is that enough. 18 month unemployment from 2014 to July 2016 will be any problem when I apply for my PR ?
      Please advice me that once again thank you very much
      Someone who already has PR in UK doesn't have to exercise treaty rights anymore so the fact your wife happens to be a stay-at-home mum should be fine.

The evidence you suggest (ie: 5 years P60 from 2009 to 2014 along with PR Card) sounds appropriate & is in line with the form guidance.
      All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sheraz7
      Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:06 pm

If you both continue to live until June 2016 then you don't need to show any evidence of treaty rights since she (EU national) is already a UK permanent resident. For this purpose you will simply need to send her PR confirmation certificate/card.
      Moreover, beyond to the date of achieving her PR she is no longer required to exercise her treaty rights but can loose her PR status if be away from UK for more than 2 years.
      Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
      REGARDS

omonile

Post by omonile » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:28 pm

Just for record purpose please as i may be in similar circumstances soon.if the wife choose to apply for housing benefit because of her PR,would that affect the partners PR Application?Thanks

vndpag

Post by vndpag » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi noajthan and sheraj7
      Thank you so much for your reply I was in tense before now I am bit relaxed after you guide me. I will update once again near to my time in June 2016 during my application.
      Once again thank you for your support
      Resident Card 18/10/2011