ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Platinum

EEA2 question

Post by Platinum » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:24 pm

I got ready to fill out the EEA2 form for a residence card and got to the bit where they ask for dates of latest entry into UK for both me and my husband.

I entered on the EEA family permit and know that one of the requirements is that I travel with my EEA family member or am meeting my EEA family member in the UK. So the rub is, while we were moving from Dublin, there was a lot of back and forth (planes, ferries, moving vans, moving the car, etc.), with the result that technically I arrived in the UK a few days before he arrived with all our stuff.

How tetchy will the BIA people be about this? Will it be a problem?

Thanks muchly.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:22 pm

Ah. That is a problem, as you should not have entered until he was here or coming with you on the same occasion.

But you have no choice but to be honest and hope for the best.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:33 pm

Guess we just have to hope that they will see that although we didn't obey the letter of the law (timing of arrivals), we are obeying the spirit of the law (we are living together in the UK).

I wonder what happens if I just don't apply for a residence card?

thsths

Re: EEA2 question

Post by thsths » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:51 pm

Platinum wrote:How tetchy will the BIA people be about this? Will it be a problem?
There is no way of knowing this unless you try. You should not worry too much, because even if you did violate the law (which is debatable in my opinion), it is certainly a minor issue. Since the European legislation only allows proportionate sanctions, they cannot send you back for this reason.

So I would just apply and see what happens. Most likely it will be processed the usual way, but you may also get some questions about it.

VictoriaS
inactive

Re: EEA2 question

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:46 pm

Platinum wrote:I got ready to fill out the EEA2 form for a residence card and got to the bit where they ask for dates of latest entry into UK for both me and my husband.

I entered on the EEA family permit and know that one of the requirements is that I travel with my EEA family member or am meeting my EEA family member in the UK. So the rub is, while we were moving from Dublin, there was a lot of back and forth (planes, ferries, moving vans, moving the car, etc.), with the result that technically I arrived in the UK a few days before he arrived with all our stuff.

How tetchy will the BIA people be about this? Will it be a problem?

Thanks muchly.
Just thought - had your husband been to the UK before, for a job interview or anything liek that?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:08 pm

Just thought - had your husband been to the UK before, for a job interview or anything liek that?
Oh, yeah, like I said, we were back and forth. I'd been here for interviews, he'd been here for interviews, we both came over to look for a place to live, found one, went back to Dublin, then I flew over here, he arrived, we got keys to the flat, he left again to get the cat and car, etc.

Our carbon footprint this last couple months has been crazy.