ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESOL entry 3 to B1 requirement - Urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pakstar

ESOL entry 3 to B1 requirement - Urgent

Post by pakstar » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:00 pm

I have passed ESOL Entry 3 on Sep 2014, now homeoffice says that from Nov 2015, you will not be able to use ESOL qualification. Does this mean that my ESOL will not longer be valid to apply indefinite leave to remain?

Now do I need to take B1 exam or is there a way we can still use ESOL certificate? E.G, if we can get that evaluated that it is equal to B1?

Thank you
maz

noajthan

Re: ESOL entry 3 to B1 requirement - Urgent

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:11 pm

pakstar wrote:I have passed ESOL Entry 3 on Sep 2014, now homeoffice says that from Nov 2015, you will not be able to use ESOL qualification. Does this mean that my ESOL will not longer be valid to apply indefinite leave to remain?

Now do I need to take B1 exam or is there a way we can still use ESOL certificate? E.G, if we can get that evaluated that it is equal to B1?

Thank you
maz
B1 refers to the CEFR rating system for such qualifications.
ESOL Entry 3 is at B1 level.

So your challenge is ESOL qualifications will no longer be acceptable for settlement after November 5.
After November 2015 it's all about SELT as government/HO achieves its ambitions in this area.

Ref https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

adilzia
Member of Standing

Re: ESOL entry 3 to B1 requirement - Urgent

Post by adilzia » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:27 am

Hello,

If someone had submited city & guilds qualification in tier 1 entrepreneur initial application.
Can he claims language points in extension application in 2016 ?

Or Does he need to do IELTS ?