ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Tier 2 (General) & Tier 5 (YMS) be valid same time?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nagomi
Newly Registered

Can Tier 2 (General) & Tier 5 (YMS) be valid same time?

Post by nagomi » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:41 am

I currently has a Tier 2 (General) visa and want to apply for Tier 5 (YMS), is this possible?

What will happen to the existing Tier 2?

What does the 30 years old eligibility actually mean? The site doesn't seem to be very clear about this. Can the intended to travel date be when I have already turned 31 but I was still 30 when I submit the online application?

On another case, if I am going to lose the Tier 2, I think there is a 60days grace period? Would I need to apply for Tier 5 (YMS) within the 60 days grace period of Tier 2? or I can used up the 60 days first, like leaving the country on the 59th day and apply online on the 61st day?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can Tier 2 (General) & Tier 5 (YMS) be valid same time?

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:09 am

If you apply for a Tier 5 visa, your Tier 2 visa will be cancelled.

I don't understand your comment about 60 days. Tier 5 YMS does not lead to ILR so the 60 days might not be relevant anyway. Has your Tier 2 been curtailed or have you resigned?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nagomi
Newly Registered

Post by nagomi » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:55 pm

I might lose my current Tier 2 (expiring Sept 2016) due to redundancy.

I am hoping to have the 24mths from Tier 5 towards 10years long residence for ILR.

So I need to calculate how much time I have and when is the absolute deadline I need to action the Tier 5 application, hence, the below 2 queries

What does the 30 years old eligibility actually mean? The site doesn't seem to be very clear about this. Can the intended to travel date be when I have already turned 31 but I was still 30 when I submit the online application?

On another case, if I am going to lose the Tier 2, I think there is a 60days grace period? Would I need to apply for Tier 5 (YMS) within the 60 days grace period of Tier 2? or I can used up the 60 days first, like leaving the country on the 59th day and apply online on the 61st day?

I hope this make sense now.

Thanks.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:09 pm

nagomi wrote: What does the 30 years old eligibility actually mean? The site doesn't seem to be very clear about this. Can the intended to travel date be when I have already turned 31 but I was still 30 when I submit the online application?

You need to apply(ie: send the application) before your 31st birthday. The start date of the visa (and also your actual arrival date) can be later.

Leave before the 60 days are up and apply for the YMS whenever you like (from outside the UK).