ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation approval taking too long

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

liz79
Newly Registered

Re: NATURALISATION APPROVAL TAKING TOO LONG

Post by liz79 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:34 pm

liz79 wrote:CRITERIA ; 5yrs RP AND 1YR INDF
CURRENT NATIONALITY ; GHANA
METHOD OF APPLICATION; NCS LEWISHAM
DATE OF APPLICATION ; 01/07/14
PAYMENT CLEARANCE; 09/07/14
DATE OF RECEIPT AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT LETTER; 19/07/14
DATE OF APPROVAL;02.09.2015
DATE OF CEREMONY; 25.09.2015

Can i contact them to know the update? Is anyone also waiting for that long?

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:10 pm

I'm waiting for almost 14 months. The excitement has long worn off, wonder how many years they'd take to decide. :mrgreen:

liz79
Newly Registered

Post by liz79 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:04 pm

Last edited by liz79 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liz79
Newly Registered

Post by liz79 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:10 pm

Siraj,I understand the feeling but don't worry just forget about it and it will surely come. That was a long wait for me. Another thing make a complaint to furthernationalityenquiries . I didn't go to any MP and I complained 4 times.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:17 pm

Thanks liz79, I've applied for my SAR report. Let's see if my records all clean, I'll complaint every week after that.

liz79
Newly Registered

Post by liz79 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:46 pm

Good luck ,you will be fine

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:03 am

I wonder if people actually realise that countless complaints, letters, emails and phone calls are counter productive? Imagine there are 100 case workers, if the customer service asks each case worker for an update for every mail, including duplicates, they would use the 8 hrs per day just going back to ongoing cases to find the status, rather than cracking on with approvals.

Don't get me wrong, the whole thing is a shambles and I am frustrated, people are frustrated and in fact, the HO even destroyed original documents because they didn't think it is a good idea to post my stuff back in their folders but rather rip them out and send in a flimsy envelope which got soaked by the post office. So I get it, but I used to work in a call centre and if I would have followed up every complaints , I'd never gotten any work done

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:57 am

Gomjaba wrote:I wonder if people actually realise that countless complaints, letters, emails and phone calls are counter productive? Imagine there are 100 case workers, if the customer service asks each case worker for an update for every mail, including duplicates, they would use the 8 hrs per day just going back to ongoing cases to find the status, rather than cracking on with approvals.

Don't get me wrong, the whole thing is a shambles and I am frustrated, people are frustrated and in fact, the HO even destroyed original documents because they didn't think it is a good idea to post my stuff back in their folders but rather rip them out and send in a flimsy envelope which got soaked by the post office. So I get it, but I used to work in a call centre and if I would have followed up every complaints , I'd never gotten any work done
I read all that in Niki Lauda accent, and it was gut :mrgreen:

HO doesn't run as efficiently as you may think, I think you're in for a surprise if you think they've remotely have any concept of being efficient.

The only way to find out from this incompetent HO case workers (they're always feeling inferior to skilled migrants workers btw) is by constantly asking for it.

This is the only language they understand, believe me. If they can lose your document without feeling any remorse, they won't give 2 cents if your file ifs piled under and collecting dust!

If you don't ask, you wouldn't know. My case is not as straightforward as I thought, so I'm still waiting on my SAR.

But, anyone else please contact MP and email/call/pursue without wasting time, hoping one day they'll pick the file up all of a sudden.

An ongoing check doesn't take a year, even most murder cases gets resolved by then. The attitude of treating hard working migrants only creates distaste for the draconian HO of this country, nothing else.

The incompetence of Home Office knows no bound.
Last edited by Siraj ud-Daulah on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:05 am

liz79 wrote:Good luck ,you will be fine
Thanks Liz! :)

liz79
Newly Registered

Post by liz79 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:26 pm

You are welcome Siraj

liz79
Newly Registered

Post by liz79 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:20 pm

[quote="liz79"][quote="liz79"]CRITERIA ; 5yrs RP AND 1YR INDF
DATE OF CEREMONY; 24.09.2015

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:12 am

liz79 wrote:
liz79 wrote:
liz79 wrote:CRITERIA ; 5yrs RP AND 1YR INDF
DATE OF CEREMONY; 24.09.2015
End of line, good luck Liz. Live long, and prosper.

Siraj

liz79
Newly Registered

Post by liz79 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:04 am

Thanks Siraj. All the best u r next on the line

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:16 am

liz79 wrote:Thanks Siraj. All the best u r next on the line
Thanks Liz.

selimyendis
Newly Registered

Post by selimyendis » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:37 am

I am afraid that England has an overdose of useless waffle,from when first applying just for a visitors visa,you will see application rejections for someones belief...That is to say,I or we do not believe you will return at the end of your visit.....What we have here is consideration,your application is being considered,yet more useless waffle.Six months to consider an application,wow that is really unbelievable.....not in England it isn`t The applicant has followed all the rules to the letter,let`s keep them dangling like fish on a line,it may also help to justify our job.I am very aware that there have been amnesties granting criminals and illegals who have entered the country illegally.Did they have to take English tests,Britishness tests,or find well in excess of a thousand pounds for their application.I do not think so.The target is the easy target,the ones who follow every letter of the law,let them pay the price,let them wait.....

Siraj ud-Daulah

Naturalisation approval taking too long

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:20 pm

selimyendis wrote:I am afraid that England has an overdose of useless waffle,from when first applying just for a visitors visa,you will see application rejections for someones belief...That is to say,I or we do not believe you will return at the end of your visit.....What we have here is consideration,your application is being considered,yet more useless waffle.Six months to consider an application,wow that is really unbelievable.....not in England it isn`t The applicant has followed all the rules to the letter,let`s keep them dangling like fish on a line,it may also help to justify our job.I am very aware that there have been amnesties granting criminals and illegals who have entered the country illegally.Did they have to take English tests,Britishness tests,or find well in excess of a thousand pounds for their application.I do not think so.The target is the easy target,the ones who follow every letter of the law,let them pay the price,let them wait.....
My sentiments precisely, my SAR report is clean, tax report in order and not a single scratch on CRB or driving licence. Meanwhile, the big firms and bankers keep dodging billions of pounds without prosecution. Das ist wunderbar! :mrgreen:

Delavar
Newly Registered

Post by Delavar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:46 pm

rodsay wrote:I got exactly the same response. It's been almost a year since I applied. I should probably contact my MP
Hi
I was waiting for 6 months but no reply at all. After 6 month I phoned UKBA but the guy on the phone ignored me and said why do u call ?!! He said u need to wait another 3 months.
I contacted MP in my area and he spoke to them, in the same day UKBA issued a letter to me that they are working on my case now. After 14 working day I received my final decision.
thanks to my MP....

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi,

I applied in August 2015 but what I thought would be a straightforward case is still being considered:( it's been 9 months and everytime I make a written enquiry I get a generic reply that the checks haven't been completed...

Anyone in the same situation as me? Any tips what to do. Have contacted MP already they gave him the same response.

Regards
Malik15

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:05 pm

malik15 wrote:Hi,

I applied in August 2015 but what I thought would be a straightforward case is still being considered:( it's been 9 months and everytime I make a written enquiry I get a generic reply that the checks haven't been completed...

Anyone in the same situation as me? Any tips what to do. Have contacted MP already they gave him the same response.

Regards
Malik15
There are some members waiting since mid 2014 for the outcome of their applications, they are the ones who have my sympathy.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
malik15 wrote:Hi,

Regards
Malik15
There are some members waiting since mid 2014 for the outcome of their applications, they are the ones who have my sympathy.
Majority of applications have been processed within 6 months time. Not sure why it takes ages for some. In this day and age when everything is computerised how long can it take to run checks with HMRC, Police, etc.?

Anyone still waiting from August 2015 on this forum....

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Sat May 21, 2016 8:51 am

Hi,

I applied since the 5th of August, received a premature approval on December, and it's nearly 9 months and i am still waiting for an approval.

I applied as a spouse of a British citizen (3 years route)

I have no idea how long will it take till i receive an approval, i just have to wait and see as there nothing i can do after my MP got the same response that it's still outstanding approval.

Cheers

1kiril
BANNED

Post by 1kiril » Sat May 21, 2016 2:36 pm

What's a premature approval?

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:50 pm

1kiril wrote:What's a premature approval?
Approval sent by mistake.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:09 am

newsoul wrote:
Have you heard anything? I emailed HO and got a standard response that the process isn't complete yet:(

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:38 am

malik15 wrote:
newsoul wrote:
Have you heard anything? I emailed HO and got a standard response that the process isn't complete yet:(
I requested a call back from the home office, and an offices call me today stating that my application is in the stage of "PROCESSING" i have no idea what that means, two months ago the status of my application was "OUTSTANDING".

Do you have any idea what "Processing" means in term of the progress of my application?

Thanks in advance.
BS