ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Siraj ud-Daulah

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:27 pm

ali_hsn wrote:Hi all,

I would also like to share my experience, I applied in Feb this year with 5 year Tier1 + 1 year ILR criteria. I used Islington NCS where they took copy of originals and actual LIFE in UK certificate.

I was waiting patiently when I received the letter from the case worker asking for all my original documents on 22nd June - since I was travelling in two weeks time I sent them an email explaining my situation and asking for next steps, as per the letter. I received no response or acknowledgement from Home Office between my travel and coming back to UK.

On arriving back I had a refusal letter waiting for me, with the reason that I had made no effort to contact the Home Office - clearly a mistake on their part. I called the help line and was advised to fill out the appeal with the copy of the email attached.

So, I filled out the appeal form with the £80.00 ceremony fee and sent it off with all my originals (27th July). The money got deducted from my account on 10th Aug, with no acknowledgement letter from home office.

I called home office today chasing an update and was advised that the application is in review and has been added back to the queue in August. Called them again today for an update and was told their is no time line for re-consideration. I told them this was not acceptable as the refusal was a mistake by them in the first place.

Eligibility criteria:5 Years Tier1 General + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria : Life in UK + PBS Calculator
Method of application: NCS
Date of application:10/Feb/2015
Payment method:Debit
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/Feb/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/Feb/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 16/Feb/2015
Request of original documents: 22/Jun/15
Email sent: 23/Jun/15
Refusal letter: 17/Jul/15
Appealed: 27/Jul/15
Fee deducted (again): 10/Aug/15
Date approval received: Still waiting
Date of ceremony: Still waiting

I'll now raise this with my local MP and seek his advice.

Best of luck for all those who are waiting.
Unbelievable..

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:41 pm

Its not bad luck, just harassment

Re consideration, do you send your self or solicitor?

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:49 am

Agreed - after paying my taxes and clean record, this is what we have to go through.

I have posted the documents myself.
all is well that ends well

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:40 pm

Would be great if someone can share a timeline on re-consideration, home office advisers are quite adamant that there is no timeline for re-consideration. With this rate it may take years, 9 months since initial application and counting.

I have tried contacting my MP through emails and phone call without joy. I have now sent him a request in writing - hopefully this will get his attention.

foufou

Post by foufou » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:44 pm

hi every one , please update , if any body still waiting for reconsideration app , I sent mine on 30/07/2015 still no news yet , called them they said no time for reconsideration :( please share the pain

crocop007
Newly Registered

Post by crocop007 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:47 pm

foufou wrote:hi every one , please update , if any body still waiting for reconsideration app , I sent mine on 30/07/2015 still no news yet , called them they said no time for reconsideration :( please share the pain

date of application 19-05-2015 and still no news so you can relax, wait 6 month and then start feeling pain :lol: :lol:

foufou

Post by foufou » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:45 pm

crocop007 wrote:
foufou wrote:hi every one , please update , if any body still waiting for reconsideration app , I sent mine on 30/07/2015 still no news yet , called them they said no time for reconsideration :( please share the pain

date of application 19-05-2015 and still no news so you can relax, wait 6 month and then start feeling pain :lol: :lol:
look my friend , first u are in the wrong place , as this topic is for the UNSUCCESSFUL application ,second if u want to know how long i'm waiting is 11 months for naturalisation and almost 15 years since I start my battle with the home office , so again : HI MEMBERS WHO HAD HIS APPLICATION REFUSED ( UNSUCCESSFUL ) , CAN U SHARE HOW LONG U BEEN WAITING FOR YOUR RECONSIDERATION APPLICATION , THANKS

ieroglif
Newly Registered

Post by ieroglif » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:51 pm

As mentioned earlier, submitted a Reconsideration Application on 13/04/2015. Still waiting...

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:24 am

Still waiting reconsideration send on June 2015.

Try to check other pages as well, just find out more then one reconsideration application refuse, and say 'decision was correct'. he apply on July refuse on 15 nov.

on April and May 5 reconsideration application was approve in less then 2 wk.
I didn't see any reconsideration accepted after long holding. finger cross.

on due to overstay ground, one applicant is success in 5 month. thats good. he was over stay more then a year. he is very lucky. Might be case worker happy on other papers.
his application wasn't reconsideration.

Share your experience to help other.

foufou

Post by foufou » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:51 pm

thanks rassel and ieroglif for the update , I called them again today the guy on the phone said there is no time for reconsideration and this the 3 time I hear the same thing so I think even if we past the 6 months waiting we will not have any update .
I think like all the applications received by the home office ,if u don't have a bad immigration history in them system , and ur app straight forward it will decided by normal caseworker and quick ( my wife app took just 3 weeks last December , I don't believe they done any check on her app) , and if your app is complicated like mine it will take the time to do the check and has to be decided by a chef caseworker wish I believe is not many of them
however, the highest number of the applications were in march and april , and I think they clear most of them and after the new rules come in this month about the EEA applicants we will see less pressure for the home office soon.
so I'm optimistic that if my reconsideration decision will be in next few months better then now :wink: :wink:

TimBC
Newly Registered

Post by TimBC » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:43 am

Hi all,

I thought to share my naturalisation journey to date:

Initial application to HO: 19th January 2015
Refusal letter: 25th Feb 2015, due to missing English language qualification certificate.
Reconsideration submitted: 1st April 2015, along with a duplicate certificate as I had lost the original.

Given that I have been waiting for almost 8 months, I've contacted my MP around two weeks ago, however no new news just yet.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:40 am

Hi all,

my timelines below:

Date of application:10/Feb/2015
Refusal letter: 17/Jul/15
Reconsideration: 27/Jul/15

Contacted my MP - who wrote a letter to the home office, this was early Nov. I have not received any update since. As per my understanding 4 months is the usual time HO requires before they even start looking at your application.

Fingers crossed.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:56 pm

2 reconsideration application refuse today :oops:

Now I'm mentally prepared for rejection :( :?

foufou

Post by foufou » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:34 pm

my original application on 22/01/2015
refused on 18/07/2015
reconsideration on 29/07/2015

foufou

Post by foufou » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:15 am

Rassel wrote:2 reconsideration application refuse today :oops:

well if the home office have evidence about some one worked illegally , I think there is no chance after the 11 December 2014 report

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:38 pm

Fofo for your kind information,
I'm not involving any kind of illegal work, or against any law.
On this ground The are not refuse me.
Reson for refuse was unacceptable.

foufou wrote:

well if the home office have evidence about some one worked illegally , I think there is no chance after the 11 December 2014 report

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Rassel wrote:Fofo for your kind information,
I'm not involving any kind of illegal work, or against any law.
On this ground The are not refuse me.
Reson for refuse was unacceptable.

foufou wrote:

Your only option is an expensive judicial review.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Rassel

Unsuccessful applications

Post by Rassel » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Thanks,

Still waiting for decision. Hopefully this time case worker will be not discriminate. Accept there mistake.

judicial review.........Is they do fair judgement.

jojybaba

Post by jojybaba » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:40 pm

MN1 refused due to one parent not setlled and reconsideration applied in april ,now 7 months passed,today i visited MP office for help,let see what happen,HO taking too long to make decision

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:45 pm

I did contact with local MP,

They send request email to H/O

H/O reply his case was refuse on base of good character. (reason was not strong)
He apply for reconsideration which need time.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:20 pm

Another update:
So I called HO couple of days ago and just received a call back. Same answer as usual: "In Progress" :?

I mentioned to the caller, that I am suffering for their incompetence. My case was rejected wrongly on "no effort" made to contact HO, to which I got a funny reply that I can complain my emailing complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I told her that I am in this situation because I used their emails - what guarantee do I get that someone will check this.

All in all, I got the same message: there is no timeline for re-consideration.

Waiting!

foufou

Post by foufou » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:19 pm

ali_hsn wrote:Another update:
So I called HO couple of days ago and just received a call back. Same answer as usual: "In Progress" :?

I mentioned to the caller, that I am suffering for their incompetence. My case was rejected wrongly on "no effort" made to contact HO, to which I got a funny reply that I can complain my emailing complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I told her that I am in this situation because I used their emails - what guarantee do I get that someone will check this.

All in all, I got the same message: there is no timeline for re-consideration.

Waiting!
don't stress your self brother , we are all in same boat , I sent mine just one day after you , but i'm waiting for at least six months to pass before i do any thing

funkyronster
Newly Registered

Post by funkyronster » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:31 am

Hello everybody

My wife has just been refused on the basis that she has been absent for 360 days in the last 3 years - ie 60 days over. Every other condition was met. We made the application on the basis that they had "discretion" to disregard the extra 60 days. We are a retired couple and have been spending long holidays abroad.

The refusal letter had the standard wording - ie "chose not to exercise discretion in this case"

On further extensive reading, I read that this discretion can only (?) be applied (ie up to 450 days absence) if she had been resident for 4 years or more. She has not - we applied exactly after she had been resident for the minimum 3 years.

I thought we had a reasonable chance because she fulfilled all the other conditions, and also passed this test of - quote from Annex B Ch 18 Residence requirements ....

"We should normally consider exercising this discretion as set out below, but only when we are satisfied that applicants have genuinely thrown in their lot with the United Kingdom and meet the other requirements."

We are a totally normal married couple fully established in the UK - we just are lucky enough to be able to afford long holidays.

My question is this. Just what is this discretion they are talking about - does it even exist? Has anybody ever had success when over the 300 day limit?

It seems to me what they are actually saying is for 3 years residency - 300 days absence allowed. For 4 years residency 450 days allowed.

So are there any circumstances in which they would allow even a single day over the 300?

It seems our only sin was to have an extra 2 months of holiday, which I thought was a pretty innocent reason and worthy of said "discretion".

Does anybody here think it worth paying the £80 for a review?

Thanks

PS for the benefit of others, we applied in July and they refused just now - so 5 months ....

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:34 am

There is discretion, but it's really up to the caseworker. Sometimes people are lucky, other times not.

How long would your wife need to wait to reduce the absence to 300 days? If it's just 60 days, I would try waiting till it was 300 days and apply for reconsideration.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:41 am

Hi,

another week gone and no update, 2 more weeks and 5 months will be up. Has anyone who applied for reconsideration received approval?