ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Human Rights QUESTION ON EEA 2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

paggy86
Newly Registered

Human Rights QUESTION ON EEA 2

Post by paggy86 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:45 pm

Hello Guru's,

I would need your expert advice on my situation.
I applied for my eea2 in July 2014 and afterward we were invited for an interview in Liverpool in October 2014 which my self and my wife duly attended.

MY application was refused in December 2014 because my eea sponsor said she has been out of work for just a month so HO capitalized on that and stated that even though they are satisfied that my relationship is genuine, thay are refusing my RC application because my sponsor has seized to excersize treaty right.

We have since applied for a new RC in may 2015 and we received a questionnaire Last Month which has been sent back three weeks ago but we are still to receive any news concerning the RC. i have just read in this forum about people being called for interviews after getting a questionnaire.

My question is, is it legal for HO to call for a 2nd interview and what are my human rights if i choose not to attend this interview as the mandatory 6 months will be up on the 18/11/15.

Thank you for your advise

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Re: Human Rights QUESTION ON EEA 2

Post by alex1128 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:05 pm

what was the questionnaire about ??
were they expressing any concern about you actual wife's employment status?
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

paggy86
Newly Registered

Post by paggy86 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:14 pm

alex1128 wrote:what was the questionnaire about ??
They sent a questionnaire relating to questions already answered in my interview last year:

Like language spoken at home
proof of living together
financial commitment
how we both met and under what circumstance my spouse agreed to marry.

These and more are the questions and i honestly don't see a point to this as we supplied all evidence when we applied for a new RC .

I am concerned as 6 months is almost up and we certainly can not phantom then stress of going down to liverpool again.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:28 pm

paggy86 wrote:
alex1128 wrote:what was the questionnaire about ??
They sent a questionnaire relating to questions already answered in my interview last year:

Like language spoken at home
proof of living together
financial commitment
how we both met and under what circumstance my spouse agreed to marry.

These and more are the questions and i honestly don't see a point to this as we supplied all evidence when we applied for a new RC .

I am concerned as 6 months is almost up and we certainly can not phantom then stress of going down to liverpool again.
On the balance of probabilities it sounds like the interview was more about status of marriage rather than employment.

Here's some background on this matter:
http://www.journalonline.co.uk/Magazine ... 19250.aspx
&
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/new-cas ... marriages/
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:24 pm

In that case i would suggest you contact your local MP, I have seen in previous cases that the getting the MP involved in your case makes things move faster.
you can find who is your local MP by typing your postcode here : http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016