ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Good Character Requirment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkm12
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - Good Character Requirment

Post by mkm12 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi Guys,

I have posted on different forum but did not get response. I applied for Naturalisation in May15 and got letter from HO asking me to provide details of my Overstay that might be breaching immigration rules and fail Good Character requirement.

Back in 2007, when I had SEGS visa, on expiry I tried to switch to Student Category but got rejected. By the time I got rejection my visa was already expired and I was over-stayer. On Lawyer's opinion we asked for reconsideration but rejected, Lawyer sent another request asking for an appeal but rejected. So I left UK. And later in 2009 got Tier-1 Visa.
Now on getting ILR, I thought I may not need those documents of rejection so I binned them and now I have no documentary evidence to support that I was actually in contact with HO and was exercising my right for reconsideration and did not overstay on purpose. Any suggestions, how I can prove that ?
I don't remember the College name where I intend to do the course. I don't remember exact dates when I got rejections from HO. It's 8 yrs old story.

Please help

Siraj ud-Daulah

Re: Naturalisation - Good Character Requirment

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:49 pm

mkm12
Newly Registered

Post by mkm12 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:44 pm

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:Request a SAR.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

Thanks, how long does HO takes to provide record?

tripping

Post by tripping » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:47 pm

Such important HO documentation and you threw them out????? When will people ever learn never ever throw out HO related documentation as you never know when you may need them!

In all likelihood your application could result in a refusal based on your past situation as they are now focusing on the good character requirement, which they are very stringent about now. Be prepared to engage a lawyer to fight your case.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:19 pm

mkm12 wrote:

40 calender days to be exact, complaint to OIC should they unable to comply. Meanwhile, contact your old lawyer, reconnect.

Godspeed,
Siraj

mkm12
Newly Registered

Post by mkm12 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:41 am

tripping wrote:Such important HO documentation and you threw them out????? When will people ever learn never ever throw out HO related documentation as you never know when you may need them!

In all likelihood your application could result in a refusal based on your past situation as they are now focusing on the good character requirement, which they are very stringent about now. Be prepared to engage a lawyer to fight your case.
Well That's comforting, but yes you are right I shouldn't have thrown those documents but who would have thought that it will asked on Naturalisation. Not at the time of ILR or Extensions..
Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:
mkm12 wrote:

40 calender days to be exact, complaint to OIC should they unable to comply. Meanwhile, contact your old lawyer, reconnect.

Godspeed,
Siraj
I have traced my old lawyer, I just hope that he kept the record. It's been 8 years. The link you mentioned had two Options, one is the SAR record and the other Fast Track IT Records. Are they different ?

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:22 pm

They are, yes. IT records will not show hard copies such as applications, letters and certificates etc. Request a full copy.