ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hadu21
Newly Registered

Re: April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

Post by hadu21 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:12 pm

The won't have access to your case. It is a call centre and will a generic answer "Your Application is still under consideration". If six months have elapsed, ask your MP to intervene. My MP sent them email yesterday. I applied on 28th April 2015

Good Luck
weaklink wrote:Purple Window,

Thank you for that link really appreciate it.

Just called them again and told them about the service standard. After that they took my case reference number and told me someone will call me in next 5 to 7 working days. I have to be available on the phone as they will only try to call twice and will not leave any msg.

Thanks for this i have seen a 1% progress.

Regards,

Purplewindow
Newly Registered

Post by Purplewindow » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Weaklink,

They'll call you sooner than that, trust me they told me 72 hours and I received the call in the evening.

Ren123
Newly Registered

Post by Ren123 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Applied 16/04/2015 - still waiting. Asked my MP to enquire and after MP sent a second email as they did not respond the first time, below is their response: (Just to add, I've never been in any sort of trouble with the law or HO)

Thank you for your email correspondence of 9 October on behalf of Ms *** of (my address) about her application for Naturalisation as a British Citizen.

Ms *** applied for Naturalisation on 16 April 2015. We do try and complete all applications within six months however due to personal circumstances of some cases, there are a limited number that do take more than six months to decide. We apologise when this is the case and limit these as much as we can.

Although this case is currently under consideration, I am sorry that it will not be completed within the service standard, but we do hope to make a decision shortly. We will contact you within the next eight weeks with an update on this application.

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:32 pm

just an update, i received a letter today dated 30th October stating my application has raised exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision...

Don't know how long more do i have to wait... and what could be the decision..

Purplewindow
Newly Registered

Post by Purplewindow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:55 pm

All,

Just an update that I spoke to HO today when my 6 months were up. They called me back on the same day and confirmed that my application is under the process and started giving me all sort of excusing of further security checks bla bla bla.

When I question the lady that what's the exact status of my application and what actions have been taken, she refused to answer and got little aggressive.

When I repeat the questions a few times and asked some more questions, I came to know that there is no use of calling HO to get an update, they have an internal system which only tells them if the application is under process or approved, if we need further details we need to write to them.

HO admitted that there is possibility that no one even looked into my application as yet though 6 months has passed. Which I believe is the case with most of the applicants here, now my question is: aren't they misleading us all by not being honest?

goczy15
Newly Registered

Post by goczy15 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Applied 1 May, received 5 May. Called HO today first person was rude, called second time to be told that they are behind with April / May applications and that I should wait for 2 weeks and call back after that. I said to her that waiting for 6 months is quite enough and whether she would be kind enough to take my details so someone (my caseworker) could call me back with an update. She said she can't pass on messages so can't take my details. Then she aslo said that the fact that I have not received anythign in 6 months is a good sign as a refusal or request for more docs would have been sent out by now. She said she is almost certain I will receive the approval within 2 weeks. I have also emailed my MP today and will see if he will manage to find out something. The wait continues.

hadu21
Newly Registered

Post by hadu21 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:38 pm

I was told exactly the same thing. She told me to wait for the letter until 14th November..
I applied on 28th April. My MP has already sent them email yesterday requesting update on my application.

Does anyone know how long does it take them to write back to MP ?

goczy15 wrote:Applied 1 May, received 5 May. Called HO today first person was rude, called second time to be told that they are behind with April / May applications and that I should wait for 2 weeks and call back after that. I said to her that waiting for 6 months is quite enough and whether she would be kind enough to take my details so someone (my caseworker) could call me back with an update. She said she can't pass on messages so can't take my details. Then she aslo said that the fact that I have not received anythign in 6 months is a good sign as a refusal or request for more docs would have been sent out by now. She said she is almost certain I will receive the approval within 2 weeks. I have also emailed my MP today and will see if he will manage to find out something. The wait continues.

hadu21
Newly Registered

Post by hadu21 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Finally received my approval after 6 Months and 1 Week. Here is my timeline.

Eligibility criteria: 10 year + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK Master’s Degree
Date of application: 27 April 2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29 April 2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 26 May 2015
Date of acknowledgment: 26 May 2015
Date Biometric done: 01 June 2015 
Date approval received: 05 November 2015
Date of ceremony: WAITING

WAITING is the only thing one can do. Good luck to all those who are still waiting.

weaklink
Newly Registered

Post by weaklink » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:09 am

Hi,

Just need to check something if anyone knows an answer to this.

i applied on 23rd April tried to contact home office for an update but haven't heard anything yet.

Yesterday i called the local council they told me that they have received a certificate on 26th of October but i cant book a ceremony without the invitation letter from home office.

How long usually it takes for home office to send this because if they have received a certificate on 26th October surely by now i should received something.

Any suggestions what to do?

xidakwa
Newly Registered

Post by xidakwa » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:10 am

@weaklink

The letter can take around 10 days to reach you based on peoples timelines.

You should receive the brown envelope today or tomorrow I would think.

Congrats! :D

kais

Post by kais » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:05 am

weaklink wrote:Hi,

i applied on 23rd April tried to contact home office for an update but haven't heard anything yet.

Yesterday i called the local council they told me that they have received a certificate on 26th of October but i cant book a ceremony without the invitation letter from home office.

How long usually it takes for home office to send this because if they have received a certificate on 26th October surely by now i should received something.

Hi WeakLink

When you say you rang local council do you mean you rang same number when you rang for NCS appointment or it is a different number? I rang today certificate office the lady first said you need to speak to ceremony office to check that and then she said I will check after hold she came back saying they normally receive certificate on Friday and following Monday they send letters to customers, and if we will receive your certificate today we will write Monday.

But I wanted to check just the same thing you came accross that council had your certificate but you had not receive letter from home office.

Regards

weaklink
Newly Registered

Post by weaklink » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:06 pm

kais wrote:
weaklink wrote:Hi,

Hi WeakLink

When you say you rang local council do you mean you rang same number when you rang for NCS appointment or it is a different number? I rang today certificate office the lady first said you need to speak to ceremony office to check that and then she said I will check after hold she came back saying they normally receive certificate on Friday and following Monday they send letters to customers, and if we will receive your certificate today we will write Monday.

But I wanted to check just the same thing you came accross that council had your certificate but you had not receive letter from home office.

Regards

Hi Kais,

Yes i range the same number to find out as i did to book an initial NCS appointment.

He also told me that i have till 19th January 2016 to book my ceremony.

Regards,

EUgirl
Newly Registered

Post by EUgirl » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:45 pm

I've been a silent reader of this forum and it kept me (relatively) sane throughout this process, so I thought it's time to share my timeline, as an encouragement for all those still waiting.

Eligibility criteria: 5 + 1 year (EU citizen)
Current nationality: Hungarian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Camden
Date of application: 17/04/2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 15/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 21/05/2015 (dated 15/05/2015)
Date of Biometrics Letter Received: 21/05/2015 (dated 15/05/2015)
Date of Biometrics Done: 28/05/2015
Date approval: 31/10/2015
Date approval received: 05/11/2015
Date of ceremony: Waiting

It's worth to mention that I contacted my MP on 17/10/2015 and they told me they have contacted HO on my behalf and they expect to hear back from them within 2 weeks. Unfortunately I haven't heard from them since then (although I did send 2 emails to follow up), but it's no longer relevant.

The approval letter stated I should contact the council within 21 days to arrange the ceremony - I called this morning, but they haven't received my certificate yet, they asked me to call back in a few days.

A huge thank you to all sharing their experiences and for all the useful info I found on this thread (like the advice that contacting your MP might help) and I'll keep my fingers crossed for all those still waiting.

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:01 pm

I can't believe I received the approval letter today after long long wait.
timeline :
Applied : 29 April. (5 yrs WP+2.5 yrs ILR, single application)
confirmation : 22 April.
Biometric : 25 May.
Approval dated :28/10
received : 5/11
Ceremony : 23/11

I would really like to thanks everyone involved in this form as it been very informative and helped me being patient.

I wish everyone's wait come to an end soon.

Gud luck.

hadu21
Newly Registered

Post by hadu21 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:26 pm

I also received my approval yesterday. I had same timeline as yours. But no sign of ceremony letter.

Did you get a separate letter for ceremony?

Simi UK wrote:I can't believe I received the approval letter today after long long wait.
timeline :
Applied : 29 April. (5 yrs WP+2.5 yrs ILR, single application)
confirmation : 22 April.
Biometric : 25 May.
Approval dated :28/10
received : 5/11
Ceremony : 23/11

I would really like to thanks everyone involved in this form as it been very informative and helped me being patient.

I wish everyone's wait come to an end soon.

Gud luck.

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:41 pm

You need to call and book the ceremony with your local NCS.

hadu21
Newly Registered

Post by hadu21 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:43 pm

I called them today and they said I need to wait for the letter from them. They were not helpful and said wait for our letter. I want to book a private ceremony.

Did u receive a letter from your local council?

Simi UK wrote:You need to call and book the ceremony with your local NCS.

POPPY62
Newly Registered

Post by POPPY62 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:13 pm

I finally received my brown envelope today.
Letter dated 3 Nov received 6 Nov.

Applied on the 27.04.15
Indian
Through NCS Birmingham
12 years ILR (also spouse of EEC national)
Was made redundant during the time of application - that thankfully did not affect my application.
However found a new job few weeks later, but HO not aware of this.

Did not bother to chase up through MP or phone calls. Just waited patiently.
Been advised that Council will contact me within two weeks for ceremony.

For those still waiting, it will come - with you all in spirit. Thank you all for your support. I will continue to monitor this April thread until all of us get our envelope. Good luck.

kashifmir52
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmir52 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:26 am

10 yrs+1 yr ilr
Applied on 1st of April
Application received by HO :7th of April
NCS : Wandsworth (Rubbish service) applied before 6th of april could not reach to HO until 7th of April.(council fault while posting the Application)
Fee : 28th of May
bio metrics: 01 of June
Approval: Waiting

Called on call centre,send an email,wrote letter (recorded) to HO,My MP rang them.
no answer of email of posted letter ,call centre just told me (Parrot Answer) Application status is still active.
MP asked me to contact him with in next 4 to 6 week if i did not receive any reply from HO.MP has been informed Application is still under process.

EUgirl
Newly Registered

Post by EUgirl » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:45 am

UPDATE
EUgirl wrote:I've been a silent reader of this forum and it kept me (relatively) sane throughout this process, so I thought it's time to share my timeline, as an encouragement for all those still waiting.

Eligibility criteria: 5 + 1 year (EU citizen)
Current nationality: Hungarian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Camden
Date of application: 17/04/2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 15/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 21/05/2015 (dated 15/05/2015)
Date of Biometrics Letter Received: 21/05/2015 (dated 15/05/2015)
Date of Biometrics Done: 28/05/2015
Date approval: 31/10/2015
Date approval received: 05/11/2015
Date of ceremony: 18/11/2015

It's worth to mention that I contacted my MP on 17/10/2015 and they told me they have contacted HO on my behalf and they expect to hear back from them within 2 weeks. Unfortunately I haven't heard from them since then (although I did send 2 emails to follow up), but it's no longer relevant.

The approval letter stated I should contact the council within 21 days to arrange the ceremony - I called this morning, but they haven't received my certificate yet, they asked me to call back in a few days.

A huge thank you to all sharing their experiences and for all the useful info I found on this thread (like the advice that contacting your MP might help) and I'll keep my fingers crossed for all those still waiting.

Loughborough
Newly Registered

Post by Loughborough » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:43 pm

UPDATE

Finally got my approval letter today i.e. 9th November 2015. The letter is dated 29th October 2015. I have been advised to contact Local Authority which is Leicestershire for me to book for the ceremony. So the wait is over Alhumdulillah.

TIME LINE
Tier 2 General: 5 year
Applicants: Two adults and two children
Language criteria met: myself - UK degree + LIUK test; wife - Pakistan Degree, NARIC, Letter from Pakistan Uni + LIUK test (actually met this requirement at the time of ILR).
Method of application: NCS/Nottingham
Date of application: 30/Apr/2015
Date of receipt: 05/May/2015 - checked using Royal Mail Tracking
Payment method: CC
Date of fee deduction: 20 June 2015
Date of acknowledgement: 28 May (email) - 8 Jul (post) with information about money deduction.
Date of receipt of Biometrics letter: 8 Jul 2015 dated 3 Jul 2015
Date of Submission of Biometric details:8 Jul 2015

It took 6 months. All the best for those waiting.

Stars07
Newly Registered

Post by Stars07 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:11 am

Stars07 wrote:Finally brown envelop received

Application Date----------14 April 2015
Debit of Fee---------------20 May 2015
Bio-metric Done ----------26 May 2015
Approval Dated ----------25/10/2015
Approval Received --------31/10/2015
Total time of process 6 months and 17 Days
Private booked------------03/11/2015
Ceremony date------------04/11/2015

After contact MP, many Called and emailed to HO
Finally Approval Received on date 31 Oct 15, letter date 25 Oct 2015 which was Sunday Lol
So its mean HO giving best service to customer (Sweet pain killer)
Thanks to all forum and supporters….
wish you best of luck to rest of applicants

mikeg333
Newly Registered

Post by mikeg333 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:04 pm

Update: Consulate received my certificate and I was able to go in and do my ceremony few days after.

Eligibility criteria: UKM
Language criteria:
Current nationality: American
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 8 April 2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14 April 2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 22 April 2015
Date of acknowledgment: 20/04/2015
Date approval received: 16 Oct, 2015 (Dated 7 Oct, 2015)
Date of ceremony: 5 Nov 2015

Now onto the passport process.

Ren123
Newly Registered

Post by Ren123 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:40 pm

Ren123 wrote:
Ren123 wrote:
Ren123 wrote:Ren123 wrote:
Application Timeline
Current Nationality:Zimbabwean
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Language Criteria: Life in the UK & B1 Test
Method of application:Postal
Date of Application: 15/04/15
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16/04/15 (Royal Mail Tracking)
Date of debit of fees: 15/05/15
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of Biometrics Letter:
Date of receipt of approval: 06/11/15 received 11/11/15
Date of Ceremony: Waiting
I wish you all the best to everyone who is still waiting.

taftaf
Newly Registered

Post by taftaf » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:12 pm

hi everyone im new to this forum i made application on the first of april received by ho on the 2nd of afril fee taken on the 21st of april,i have received a letter on the 14 of october saying my application rasies complex issues etc etc we will decide on ur application shortly,hvnt herad from them since...now i want to know what does shortly means for ho.please if someone can help me or tell me if someone had a same sittuation as mine.thnx ever so much