ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name change query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bphanirajkumar

Name change query

Post by bphanirajkumar » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:54 am

Hi friends,

I have a query on name change. In all my education certificates my name is spelt as Phani raja kumar. Where as in my experience + bank statments + tax returns+ passport it spelt as Phani Raj Kumar. If i have to show that both names belong to same person what do i have to do? Or will this be ok for HSMP? Please adivise

Thanks,
Phani.

nirmalkraj2
Newly Registered

Re: Name change query

Post by nirmalkraj2 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:31 am

It will not be accepted by HO. You need to either change it in all the documents or get this changed in official gazette and send it as a proof to HO.

The other option is if your PAN contains one form of name and your Form 16 contains other form of name then you can write a letter explaining this and there is a good chance of it being accepted.

[quote="bphanirajkumar"]Hi friends,

I have a query on name change. In all my education certificates my name is spelt as Phani raja kumar. Where as in my experience + bank statments + tax returns+ passport it spelt as Phani Raj Kumar. If i have to show that both names belong to same person what do i have to do? Or will this be ok for HSMP? Please adivise

Thanks,
Phani.[/quote]

bphanirajkumar

Post by bphanirajkumar » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:44 am

Hi nirmal,

Thanks for your help. Offcial gazette in the sense, could you explain it in detail?

Thanks,
Phani.

nirmalkraj2
Newly Registered

Post by nirmalkraj2 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:38 am

There is a option for changing your name in the Indian government's gazette, where in you need to fill in a form and advertise in atleats one new paper (classifieds will do) that your name has been changed from X and Y. Then government will issue a certificate stating your old name is X and new name is Y. And you can claim both names represents you.

But, as you can sense its not an easy process.

[quote="bphanirajkumar"]Hi nirmal,

Thanks for your help. Offcial gazette in the sense, could you explain it in detail?

Thanks,
Phani.[/quote]

bphanirajkumar

Post by bphanirajkumar » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:19 am

Nirmal,

Thanks alot for clarifying my query. One more thing i heard that there going to be some change in HSMP process in the coming year. is it so? if it is what are all they planning to change?

Thanks,
Phani;.