ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ent Dependet Visa Help

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

davidrikh
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Ent Dependet Visa Help

Post by davidrikh » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:19 pm

Hi everyone,
I am on Entrepreneur visa and living in UK from last 6 years. I visited Pakistan few weeks ago and had done engagement . We had proper ceremony and pictures were taken as a Proof.

I am back in the UK now. If I do Nikah over the telephone, Can I apply for my wife's visa on the basis of this?
I can use engagement pictures as proof but nikah's date will be different. I am confused and dont know what to do.

Also, in terms of funds, how much I should have in my personal bank statement ?

Your reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Casa

Re: Is Telephone Nikah acceptable for Dependent Visa?

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:31 pm

You will either have to return to Pakistan and marry there, or apply for a fiance visa and marry in the UK. Here's the UKVI official ruling on telephone marriages:
3.2. Telephone marriages
The formal validity of a telephone marriage is to be determined according to the laws of the countries in which both parties are physically present when the marriage takes place. Therefore, a telephone marriage celebrated whilst one of the parties is in the United Kingdom will not be valid as telephone marriages are not valid in this country.
In cases where the UK-based sponsor was overseas when a telephone marriage took place and the laws of both countries recognise such marriages, we cannot deny that the marriage is valid. Enquiries about the marriage laws of other countries may be referred to Policy.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

davidrikh
Newly Registered

Post by davidrikh » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:08 am

Hi Casa,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I guess the right option is to visit Pakistan and get married there in order to avoid any confusion.

Just one more question, could you please tell me about funds required in my personal account for dependent visa and also what documents are required?

your reply will be highly appreciated.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:22 am

Requirements for a entrepreneur dependent visa is explained in this link:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/family-members
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

davidrikh
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 Enrerprenuer Dependent Visa Documents

Post by davidrikh » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:52 am

Hi, I am applying for Ent-1 Dependent Visa in Pakistan to bring my wife here in UK and about to submit the following documents. Could you please advise if I am submitting the correct documents. Thanks in advance

1 Main Applicant Documents
Online Application form
Passport-Copy
Tier1 Entrepreneur Residence Permit Card- Copy
NHS Charges paid
Sponsor Letter

2 Maintenance Documents
Bank Statement from Aug to October-15(Min balance during this period was £1,641/-)

3 Accommodation Documents
Tenancy Agreement

4 Business Documents
Company Appointment Report
Business Letter Head/Cards
Letter from Accountant

5 Spouse Documents
Original Passport
Original Marriage Certificate(Original/English Translation)
Criminal Record Certificate
Tuberculosis (TB) test
Marriage Photos
Wedding Invitation Card

6 Supporting Documents
Communication History
Money Transfer Receipt
Boarding Pass of my traveling to Pakistan.

I am bit worried about my maintenance funds statement and wondering if it is right to have 1641/- from last three months. Also do I need to submit Accountant letter showing my turnover over the last year?

Please advise.

Regards,

yahyaa
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Ent Dependet Visa Help

Post by yahyaa » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi davidrikh

On 30th Oct you said you would visit Pakistan in order to get married there but on 8th Nov you are stating that you are about to apply for your wife's visa?!!

Anyhow, from my personal experience you don't need anything you mentioned under number 4. Also, how much maintenance fund you need to have in your bank account at least for the last 90 days depends on where you are based in the UK. For example, if you are living in London the maintenance fund is higher. You should be able to find detail information re this on UKBA's website.

Before getting my wife's VISA from Morocco, we submitted the following-

1. x2 Covering letter from me and my wife;
2. My UK bank statement (last 3 months);
3. Marriage certificate;
4. Wedding photographs;
5. Tenancy agreement;
6. My passport and entrepreneur visa photocopy;
7. Wife's criminal record certificate;
8. Wife's TB test certificate.
9. I sent some money on different occasions as gifts to my wife using Western Union online service. I included printed copies of the electronic receipts for the money transfer with the application that show my wife as the receiver.

Also I paid health surcharge and visa fee online. Apart from that, nothing else. No company/business documents, payslips or anything like that. BTW, we did not provide any 'evidence of communication' as we applied for the VISA within a month of getting married. We travelled to Bangladesh and got married there.

Hope this will help.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Maintenance fund does not depend on city in which you are staying. Rather it depends on how long have you stayed in uk

Its dependance on city is only for student visa

davidrikh
Newly Registered

Post by davidrikh » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:30 pm

What about If someone living in London, how much funds should have in the bank account for last 3 months?

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:34 pm

First read my previous post, then it will be clear

davidrikh
Newly Registered

Post by davidrikh » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:37 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I ready your post where you mentioned it depends on the city where applicant is living in, which I understand. But I am still not sure about maintenance funds required for Entrepreneur dependent visa.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:51 pm

If you read carefully, i said it does NOT depend on your city

In short if you are in uk for more than a year then its £630 for 90 days
If you are in uk for less than 12 months its £1890

davidrikh
Newly Registered

Post by davidrikh » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:07 pm

I am really sorry for not reading properly. Just one more question, I am living in UK for more than 5 years and as per your reply, I should have 630/- for 3 months but I got confused with the following link.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/family-members

which says that Each Dependant must have a certain amount of money available to them - this is in addition to the £945 you must have to support yourself.

it means I should have 945+630=1575/- in my bank account for 3 months before I apply for dependent(wife) visa.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:11 pm

This 945 ia only for you if you are applying as main applicant at the same
I applied for my wife and i was in uk for 5 yrs and i showed 630 for 90 days and it was all ok

davidrikh
Newly Registered

Post by davidrikh » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:47 pm

I see, thats the point I was confused.

Thanks a Lot for Clarification. So nice of you.
GOD bless you.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Thats ok

cancerian

Post by cancerian » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:49 am

Hi guys
I also want to apply for my wife for dependent visa. Can you please guide me whats a sponsor letter and how should I write it. And I just recently got married and have not transfered any money to my wife. Is that ok.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:58 am

I'm transferring money is not necessary. Its optional but you should have some communication history

You do not need sponsorship letter for your wife