ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement is not sealed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cottongear

Bank Statement is not sealed

Post by cottongear » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:50 pm

I requested for a sealed & signed bank statement from Citibank but they posted a computer generated statement on its letter head without having the seal and the signature.

But, it has got printed info "Computer generated statement. Does not require the seal and signature" at the bottom of the last page.

Can I produce this 'as it is' or should I try to get it signed by visiting the branch ? I am not sure if the branch people will sign/seal it.

Many Thanks,
CG

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:17 pm

better go to the branch and get another one

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:38 pm

I dont think a bank statement should be stamped and signed.

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:26 pm

Hi,

Its always better to get the bank statements sealed and signed.

My statements were also on bank letterhead and I had to argue a lot with the bank officials to get them attested. But finally they gave in, and sealed and signed the statements.

I would suggest do not leave any stone unturned. Remember Murphy's law!

Regards
Hsmppune

nirmalkraj2
Newly Registered

Re: Bank Statement is not sealed

Post by nirmalkraj2 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:01 pm

I got the bank statement in letter head without stamp and it was accepted.

The stamp and sign is required only when you take printout of your online statement.

[quote="cottongear"]I requested for a sealed & signed bank statement from Citibank but they posted a computer generated statement on its letter head without having the seal and the signature.

But, it has got printed info "Computer generated statement. Does not require the seal and signature" at the bottom of the last page.

Can I produce this 'as it is' or should I try to get it signed by visiting the branch ? I am not sure if the branch people will sign/seal it.

Many Thanks,
CG[/quote]

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:36 pm

The stronger your evidence, the more likely your case will be successful. Why don't you go to the branch and see if they will sign & stamp it? If so, your evidence is much stronger. If not, you won't be in a worse position than you are now. You will also know that you have pursued every possible way to get what you need.

Tibu

Post by Tibu » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:06 pm

You should go to Branch and get it sealed this is improtant according to me. Also Try to make a letter saying that your salary account is with Citi bank. It would be good.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:49 pm

I see no merit to the statement being sealed
The point is authetication
If they doubt it, they call the branch and ask for verification
plain and simple
It is irrelevant that it isn't sealed

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:55 pm

SYH wrote: If they doubt it, they call the branch and ask for verification
You can't rely on them actually calling to check. Certainly with the initial application, the HSMP will almost certainly not do this.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm

VictoriaS wrote:
SYH wrote: If they doubt it, they call the branch and ask for verification
You can't rely on them actually calling to check. Certainly with the initial application, the HSMP will almost certainly not do this.

Victoria
Please note that I didn't imply that you should rely on them calling.
My point is that sealed statements don't make it any more authentic.
I would rely more on a stamp than it being in a sealed envelope.

Also upon rereading the thread, I am using seal as in sealed envelop
Where I think some people are using seal, like a stamp. If you are talking about this kind of seal, then I think it is very important which is why I referred to it being stamped.

I also noticed that the very professional Victoria seems to followup behind me a lot lately and take one aspect of my statement and somewhat take it out of context and distort what I am saying. I am not saying there is something devious or sinister going on in this behaviour but it has been a trend lately

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:02 pm

Well, I sent bankstaments without any stamp or seal and these were accepted. I think it depends case to case. I wounder if there are some guidelenes in this regard!!!!
Thinking low is crime....

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:06 pm

SYH wrote:

I also noticed that the very professional Victoria seems to followup behind me a lot lately and take one aspect of my statement and somewhat take it out of context and distort what I am saying. I am not saying there is something devious or sinister going on in this behaviour but it has been a trend lately
That sounds like paranoia!

I come onto the boards, answer or post in threads where I feel I have soemthing to contribute, and that is that. Very often I don't even look at the name of the poster who has come before me.

In this thread, I was concerend that someone who didn't know the system might have looked at your post and thought that the HSMP team would call to verify, and I wanted to clarify, that is all.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

prem12

Post by prem12 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:34 am

I do not think Victoria has any such noticeable behavior. On the contrarary I have seen your posts sometimes being rough and too precipitate. In this thread itself, I do not think anyone is talking about sealed envelops. :lol:
________
FREE XXX
Last edited by prem12 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unileeds

Post by unileeds » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:25 am

Hi, I have my bank statements from a UK bank. Unfortunately, the branch doesnt keep details for longer than this fiscal year. So I have had to get them ordered. They have come, as computer generated printouts on the special paper that Banks use. Do I need to gget them stamped form the branch as well. I think they may refuse to do this in UK as they wont be able to check my account transactions to verify a 12 month statement?

Any ideas on this?

Regards

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:43 am

prem12 wrote:I do not think Victoria has any such noticeable behavior. On the contrarary I have seen your posts sometimes being rough and too precipitate. In this thread itself, I do not think anyone is talking about sealed envelops. :lol:
Hey Prem
You didn' t read carefully what I wrote which was that was what I thought they were talking about. So I clarified my comments as to Victoria's rebuttal.

And you didn't notice because you aren't the one who is being followed up on. So your description of my kind of remarks isn't really relevant or shall I say proof as to whether she is actually following up behind me.

As for Victoria, I didn't say it was intentional, I just said it has happened a lot lately.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:18 am

I actually thought that "sealed" meant a sealed envelope rather then meaning "stamped". I was quite puzzled at why the Case Worker would require bank statements in a sealed envelope and didn't see how this would add authenticity at all. :P :P

unileeds

Post by unileeds » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:33 pm

Hi, I have my bank statements from a UK bank. Unfortunately, the branch doesnt keep details for longer than this fiscal year. So I have had to get them ordered. They have come, as computer generated printouts on the special paper that Banks use. Do I need to gget them stamped form the branch as well. I think they may refuse to do this in UK as they wont be able to check my account transactions to verify a 12 month statement?

Any ideas on this?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:04 pm

goldfish wrote:I actually thought that "sealed" meant a sealed envelope rather then meaning "stamped". I was quite puzzled at why the Case Worker would require bank statements in a sealed envelope and didn't see how this would add authenticity at all. :P :P
Thank you goldfish!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:06 pm

unileeds wrote:Hi, I have my bank statements from a UK bank. Unfortunately, the branch doesnt keep details for longer than this fiscal year. So I have had to get them ordered. They have come, as computer generated printouts on the special paper that Banks use. Do I need to gget them stamped form the branch as well. I think they may refuse to do this in UK as they wont be able to check my account transactions to verify a 12 month statement?

Any ideas on this?
Yeah this is tricky area.
Did you get a cover letter with the printouts???
Then it would lend credence to its authenticity.
It doesn't hurt to go to the bank and ask them to stamp them for you and ask someone to be the designated person and number to field the call should HO wish to verify.