ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Misssomer
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by Misssomer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:02 am

bishwo1981 wrote:@rags2riches , I am surprised by the answer she gave it to me. I think she was having a bad day or she is annoyed that I was calling her too many times. The lady was out of her head, she didn't even give me the chance to explain. I was about to ask her exactly the same question. why hold the documents and ask for more evidence if they knew that the application will be refused? Before when I called they said that I will be invited for interview if they suspect anything but no letter, nothing and I am still waiting. if it is a refusal then at least send the documents before six months time frame so I can find the solicitor for next step or for an appeal. I am happily married to my wife and we send the questionnaire form as well with the additional evidence. in our cover letter we even invited them for home visit and also clearly state that we are happy to attend the interview. what else I can do? I applied on first week of may and COA received on June. all this back and forth game with home office is driving me crazy and there is so little I can do about it. I don't know what to say. my citizen advice told me to wait till the decision and there are many people who received their PR after six months. that's a bit of hope but I am in the verge of nervous breakdown. why don't home office just reply to my emails and let me know about the situation. I cant wait any longer, this is pure torture. whoever is waiting will certainly understand my pain, suffocation and anxiety. good luck to everyone :evil:

Hello

I'm gutted to hear of your ordeal. I feel terrible for you mate. Listen...stop whatever you are doing, and relax, right now.
Close your eyes for a second....now open them again. You are not alone. As you said you are happily married so you are not alone, share Your anxiety with your wife, but also have faith that your PR will arrive, because it will.

You are not alone in this terrible wait, there have been people who waited more than 6 months and in the end got their PRs.
Remember one very special thing. Caseworkers are people just like you and me and they will fall behind doing their jobs sometimes, so your application is probably just a backlog, a file on someone's table waiting for approval.
If they doubted your relationship, that's their problem, not yours. Just answer their questions and wait for their decision.

To appease your mind, they didn't even look at all the documents I sent, my bank statements were not even looked at, and some of my ex husbands payslips were not touched either. FYI I am divorced and I retained my right to reside after my divorce.

I don't know if you believe in God, Allah, guardian angels or anything or anyone holy who looks after us, but if you do, just ask from the bottom of your heart that your documents are checked soon and a final decision made.
I'm sure you will receive your PR soon though. So keep cool, I'm sending you good positive energy.

mihbos
Newly Registered

Post by mihbos » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:58 am

Hi everyone

I've received an email about current immigration laws and realised that I could have easily applied with my husband. He is French and as from Nov 2015 they will need to apply for PR if they want to get British citizenship. :shock:

I've applied on 2nd October and submitted biometrics on 16th. No COA yet.

analucidi

Post by analucidi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:04 pm

bishwo1981 wrote:hello everyone ,
my application for eea4 is now over six months and no response from home office. I contacted them this morning and I received two different answers. first time the call centre staff said my application is under consideration stage and no decision has been made and I called the second time to explain that it has already been six months and why my application is still pending? To my surprise the customer service lady from home office said, if the application is already six months then the application is most likely to be refused and its in the queue to be send out so I should not call home office for the outcome of the application. Now, my question to respected gurus and forum member is , if the application is not decided by six months, does that mean the application is refused as the lady said? if it is to be refused than isn't it better to refuse early within six months so the applicant can follow the necessary step. I am very annoyed by the HO answer and bit worried. any suggestions please
Hello bishwo1981, I have seen so many people waiting for more than six months. But a few days ago my husband told me that Solveit agency advised us to call them if our application is reviewed for more than six months. In fact they say six months and one day is enough, because apparently it is AGAINST EUROPEAN LAW to make applicants wait so long. It was a revelation, since I have witnessed so many cases, some guy had more than 11 months! I can't comment on it, since it wasn't me having this conversation. But I guess it worse investigating. We also have issues with our application and waiting is killing me, I am dreaming to come home and see my family on Christmas. Hope you are feeling better, it's going to be over soon.
Much Love!

bishwo1981
Newly Registered

Post by bishwo1981 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:33 pm

hello everyone. I wrote a formal letter to Linda Bateman and complaint letter to home office this morning. I also called them this morning and this time it was a nice gentleman, who took my case id, home office reference and advise me to wait another three working days for their reply. he said that they will call me on my mobile and update me about my application. he did clear my doubt about the 6 months and refusal of application. he said he cant give more details on individual case and I have to wait for the case worker to decide. the six months is not the deadline but the guideline and they can exceed that if they required to do so. I hope they will call me sooner. I have wrote a letter to my MP and awaiting reply from his side. this waiting game is killing me slowly. now the eea4 process has become a slow poison for me. hope the good news will follow and the poison will turn out to be holy water. good luck every one and thanks to Mr Obie for his support, suggestion and advice. :|

Onna
Newly Registered

Post by Onna » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:31 pm

bishwo1981 wrote:hello everyone. I wrote a formal letter to Linda Bateman and complaint letter to home office this morning. I also called them this morning and this time it was a nice gentleman, who took my case id, home office reference and advise me to wait another three working days for their reply. he said that they will call me on my mobile and update me about my application. he did clear my doubt about the 6 months and refusal of application. he said he cant give more details on individual case and I have to wait for the case worker to decide. the six months is not the deadline but the guideline and they can exceed that if they required to do so. I hope they will call me sooner. I have wrote a letter to my MP and awaiting reply from his side. this waiting game is killing me slowly. now the eea4 process has become a slow poison for me. hope the good news will follow and the poison will turn out to be holy water. good luck every one and thanks to Mr Obie for his support, suggestion and advice. :|
Hi Bishwo,

I didn't understand well sorry, So did he confirmed that if the application is more than 6 months it means that it would be rejected?

bishwo1981
Newly Registered

Post by bishwo1981 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:18 pm

@ona , no there is no such thing like that, there are many people who got their PR after six months and citizen advice made clear that to me as well but they will not give more information on individual case. hope you will receive your PR soon . I am in the same boat mate and just wait for their decision. I will update if anything . good luck

Misssomer
Newly Registered

Post by Misssomer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:22 pm

Just to update you guys.

It's now been over 10 working days since I received my documents back with the approval letter, but my PR card has not arrived.

I have emailed the home office today regarding it, as in the letter is states that if you don't receive your PR card within 10 working days you should contact them.
The response was that I will need to wait a further 28 days to hear what's going on.

So this is just to update you that they are running behind big time.
So relax, you are all going to receive your documents back soon followed by your PRs.

Sali6454

Post by Sali6454 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi,
Can anyone please letme know that if i am getting Tax Credit since i got the 5 years RC as a family member of an EEA National.And Now applied for PR will that be going to affect the Application ? As long as i know it shouldn't but need to know if anyone in same situation got their PR without problems.

Thanks !

jamesloson
Newly Registered

Post by jamesloson » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:04 am

bishwo1981 wrote:@ona , no there is no such thing like that, there are many people who got their PR after six months and citizen advice made clear that to me as well but they will not give more information on individual case. hope you will receive your PR soon . I am in the same boat mate and just wait for their decision. I will update if anything . good luck

Morning Bishwo,

I hope all guru's tried to help you as much they can. I am in the same boat as you, my wife holds dual nationality which cause so much stress in our life.I had residence card issued before October 2012 under the transitional law, we are supposed to be stay on same route but you never know immigration whenever they can change law.

I have wrote a letter to Freedom of movement, even I have sent them the actual link where its clearly says

''This arrangement also applies where a person had a right of residence on this basis on 16
July 2012 and had submitted an application for a document confirming this right on or
before 16 October 2012. Such persons will continue to have a right where a document is
subsequently issued on the basis of this application.
''

Then he got back to me saying this doesn't fall on me because my wasn't dual national on that time when I have applied for my residence permit.So you need to leave and apply from my home country which doesn't make sense.

My wife just applied british citizenship 4-5 months before (in 2015)

I have been to many solicitors, no one keep their words and kept saying I will be fine but don't rely on me as home office hasn't clarified yet. We are not even related to Mccarthy because she never used her treaty right in any other EEA state .

So can you just keep me posted

Good luck

rag2richies
Newly Registered

Post by rag2richies » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:52 am

jamesloson wrote:
bishwo1981 wrote:@ona , no there is no such thing like that, there are many people who got their PR after six months and citizen advice made clear that to me as well but they will not give more information on individual case. hope you will receive your PR soon . I am in the same boat mate and just wait for their decision. I will update if anything . good luck

Morning Bishwo,

I hope all guru's tried to help you as much they can. I am in the same boat as you, my wife holds dual nationality which cause so much stress in our life.I had residence card issued before October 2012 under the transitional law, we are supposed to be stay on same route but you never know immigration whenever they can change law.

I have wrote a letter to Freedom of movement, even I have sent them the actual link where its clearly says

''This arrangement also applies where a person had a right of residence on this basis on 16
July 2012 and had submitted an application for a document confirming this right on or
before 16 October 2012. Such persons will continue to have a right where a document is
subsequently issued on the basis of this application.
''

Then he got back to me saying this doesn't fall on me because my wasn't dual national on that time when I have applied for my residence permit.So you need to leave and apply from my home country which doesn't make sense.

My wife just applied british citizenship 4-5 months before (in 2015)

I have been to many solicitors, no one keep their words and kept saying I will be fine but don't rely on me as home office hasn't clarified yet. We are not even related to Mccarthy because she never used her treaty right in any other EEA state .

So can you just keep me posted

Good luck

@jamesloson Pls explain to me better. You mean because your wife is not british citizen, You are not entitle for PR? Men i think this new laws making people's life hard this days. Are they expecting you to go back to your home country to apply for PR or apply for another RC?

jamesloson
Newly Registered

Post by jamesloson » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:01 am

@jamesloson Pls explain to me better. You mean because your wife is not british citizen, You are not entitle for PR? Men i think this new laws making people's life hard this days. Are they expecting you to go back to your home country to apply for PR or apply for another RC?[/quote]
/quote]

[quote][/quote]
Hi Rag2richies

According to Home Office(Freedom Of Movement), only non eu family members of dual(EU/British) falls on transitional agreement, they said I have been issued residence card on the basis of my wife was EU national. My wife wasn't British on that time when I have applied for 5 years residence card. So from the time my wife became british she stopped using her treaty rights so am not entitled to be here. According to them, either I can go back home and apply under British Law for another 5years (2.5yr *2 ), If my wife renounce her british nationality, then I can be able to stay here without going back home but I can't apply PR after 5yr( as i am eligible in Jan 2017), I have to wait another 5 years with new residence permit

rag2richies
Newly Registered

Post by rag2richies » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:12 am

jamesloson wrote:@jamesloson Pls explain to me better. You mean because your wife is not british citizen, You are not entitle for PR? Men i think this new laws making people's life hard this days. Are they expecting you to go back to your home country to apply for PR or apply for another RC?
/quote]

Hi

According to Home Office(Freedom Of Movement), only non eu family members of dual(EU/British) falls on transitional agreement, they said I have been issued residence card on the basis of my wife was EU national. My wife wasn't British on that time when I have applied for 5 years residence card. So from the time my wife became british she stopped using her treaty rights so am not entitled to be here.[/quote]

That is very strange. so what they trying to do with you is to use british law which is not that easy to come across bcos if you are in a relationship with british national, you need to apply for the permit in your country but in your own case, they cannot use that law with you because your wife still got her eea national as well.

jamesloson
Newly Registered

Post by jamesloson » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:25 am

That is very strange. so what they trying to do with you is to use british law which is not that easy to come across bcos if you are in a relationship with british national, you need to apply for the permit in your country but in your own case, they cannot use that law with you because your wife still got her eea national as well.[/quote]

This is what makes me so worried, contacted Home office for clarification but they never kept their words. One said you are fine and another said you need to apply under british law. Contacted many Solicitors, no one assuring us 100%, contacted Freedom Of Movement, they clearly said I need to go back home country and apply again which clearly doesn't make sense. I don't know why they are so tough on Immigrants specially who had already residence permit or who already relied on EU national before law comes out.

In the worst, My wife needs to renounce her British nationality or we have to pay a lot to money to fill court and solicitors pockets.

Please guys if anyone has same situation as me, please keep us updated as we are here to help each other.

Many thanks in Advance

bishwo1981
Newly Registered

Post by bishwo1981 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:04 pm

Dear All, don't worry about the dual citizenship. if you have got the RC before your eea partner got her British citizenship, you should be fine. if you read the form properly you will find many success story with dual national. Don't bother calling Home office, they are just bloody robots. they don't have a clue what they are talking about. just hope that the case worker Is not spineless creature.
I am going through a rough ride as well and its been over six months. I wrote letter to each and every person In HO EU department and literally got the same answer "your application is under consideration" . My MP just replied to me that he will write a full response to the issue I have raised. hopefully they will contact me next week. dear friends this EU application and handling the case by HO is a joke. There is so little you can do before six months so just wait and do whatever they requested just be on their good side. I am hoping that HO will accelerate our application and let us celebrate X mas in peace. don't worry I do understand the frustration but there is so little we can do. I suggest not to use the solicitor until the application is rejected but choice is yours. good luck everyone. :evil: :twisted:

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm gutted to see how many problems the HO are creating for people to get their PR. I have also noticed a lot of new members to this forum and everyone helping each other well done guys. As i have written here before i have received my PR card 3 weeks ago after waiting 5 months and 3 weeks on the same day as that I got the HO approval letter. So last weekend i went abroad, on my way back into the UK I handled my passport and my PR and I used the UK/EU queue as i'm used to do since when I got my RC 5 years ago and no filling of landing card. The first question the officer asked after a very surprised face was "where did I get this card from" how unprofessional, my answer to him was from the HO. then he tried to scan my PR which didn't seem to work, then he asked me if I have used my PR card before, I said no as I just received it. after 3 minutes looking at the card and trying to find information or a way to process me to go thru he finally found a way to scan the PR and asked me to put my 2 fingers on the scanner which i could see said MATCHED on his screen. Then he told me next time I'm arriving to the Uk i need to fill up a landing card and go to non EU queue so I told him that it made no sense what he was telling me because even with a RC card I could use the EU/UK queue. He said this is how it works but i could see he had no idea of what to do and certainly it was the first time he came face to face with a Biometric PR card, I told him the HO only started issuing this after 6 of April.Not very professional of him. on type of permit on my PR says "permanent residence" and on the bottom of the card says "RC of a family member of a union citizen" so clearly i can still use the EU/Uk queue. Also I was traveling with my Partner. Anyone knows anything about this?

Good Luck guys

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:33 pm

rag2richies wrote:Advice please....
Send our Joint EEAPR application which included my eea wife who's the main applicant and myself non eea as the FM on the 12/10/15.
HO received it the second day the 13/10.....
Received email from HO on the 21.10.15.
Received the Bio-metric letter via Post on the 23.10.15 dated 20.10.15 and sent bio-metric back same day 23.10.
My current 5yrs RC will runs out in February

I haven't receive any COA till now. Can someone know what is going on please????

Don't worry becuase I did my biometric on the 22nd of October and I only receive my COA on Friday the 13th which dated on the 10th of November. I had my 5yrs runs out in August this year, as long as your sent in your application there's no need to worry becuase theyv'e got it. You will receive you COA by the end of this week.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:54 pm

teardrops wrote:
Send our Joint EEAPR application which included my eea wife who's the main applicant and myself non eea as the FM on the 12/10/15.
Received the Bio-metric letter via Post on the 23.10.15 dated 20.10.15 and sent bio-metric back same day 23.10.

I haven't receive any COA till now. Can someone know what is going on please????

Don't worry becuase I did my biometric on the 22nd of October and I only receive my COA on Friday the 13th which dated on the 10th of November. I had my 5yrs runs out in August this year, as long as your sent in your application there's no need to worry becuase theyv'e got it. You will receive you COA by the end of this week.

@ teardrops I received the COA on the 14th of this morning dated 13th Nov. It took exactly one month to send that to me and only God know how long it will take to get the whole processing done.

Sali6454

Post by Sali6454 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi, anyone let me know that how early you can send you application to Homeoffice for PR.I mean it has to be after 5 years or you can apply in last 6 months of your 5 yeats residents card expiry date ?

Sali6454

Post by Sali6454 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi,
Can anyone please letme know that if i am getting Tax Credit since i got the 5 years RC as a family member of an EEA National.And Now applied for PR will that be going to affect the Application ? As long as i know it shouldn't but need to know if anyone in same situation got their PR without problems.

Thanks !

sunnyskies
Newly Registered

Post by sunnyskies » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi all,

I am a bit worried.. I sent my application on the 4th of November and its now the 17th...My card has not been charged so far and I have not received any letter from the UKBA whether my application was received. Can you please advise who I can contact. Thanks!

Sali6454

Post by Sali6454 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:52 pm

sunnyskies wrote:Hi all,

I am a bit worried.. I sent my application on the 4th of November and its now the 17th...My card has not been charged so far and I have not received any letter from the UKBA whether my application was received. Can you please advise who I can contact. Thanks!
Call : 0300 123 2253

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:53 pm

ally007 wrote:
teardrops wrote:

@ teardrops I received the COA on the 14th of this morning dated 13th Nov. It took exactly one month to send that to me and only God know how long it will take to get the whole processing done.

LOL, I want to believe that my prediction was correct that you would receive it soon. Now lets hope we get our permits we have been waiting for. I have notice that the Home Office is spending about 4 moths to sort out the permanent resident cards while they are taking the full 6 months to do the resident cards.

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:02 pm

sunnyskies wrote:Hi all,

I not sure what may have happen but whenever you are dealing with Home Office and documents, you need to do it by recorded delivery becuase you can track it online to see when it was delivered. It's a bit strange for them not to take the money after you have made the application. They normally would take at least 3/5 days but your's almost 2 weeks now.Are you sure you give them the correct card details or you have sufficent funds to clear whenever they are ready ?

After you submit your application and they check the application, they took the money and if everything is ok they will sent you a letter to do the fingerprints within 15 days of that letter. As soon as you did your finger print then your application will be assign to a caseworker. That is as far as I know, I hope other user can shed more light on it.

sunnyskies
Newly Registered

Post by sunnyskies » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:51 pm

Thank you for your reply teardrops. I have sent it via recorded delivery and I have sufficient funds to cover the amount for the application which is only 65 pounds. I phoned their support line yesterday through the numbers 03001232253. The lady I spoke to, mentioned it takes 6 weeks to get things processed. I mentioned that people I know had theirs processed and payment taken within 5 days ( I based this on peoples experiences on this forum) but the lady insisted its 6 weeks. I am really worried.

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:39 pm

sunnyskies wrote:Thank you for your reply teardrops. I have sent it via recorded delivery and I have sufficient funds to cover the amount for the application which is only 65 pounds. I phoned their support line yesterday through the numbers 03001232253. The lady I spoke to, mentioned it takes 6 weeks to get things processed. I mentioned that people I know had theirs processed and payment taken within 5 days ( I based this on peoples experiences on this forum) but the lady insisted its 6 weeks. I am really worried.

Don't believe a word that lady said becuase you should get your COA long before then, even though some people got their RC/PR along with the COA same time which is clearly not helpful. Home Office always makes some simple mistakes or giving people wrong information. My work place did a check to see if I can continue to work but home office told them I have no application pending and I am illegal and should not be working. I was even sent a copy of that letter from my work place. I was suspended with immediate effect, the following day I got a letter from home office saying I am entitled to work or continue with my employment.
I rang the home office and ask for clarification and I was told that maybe the time my employer did the check their system wasn't updated to reflect my current status, which sounds right to me. If I were you I would simple do an online check through royal mail and put your tracking number in and it will tells you when it was delivered. I do understand your concerns becuase I would have felt the same. In other words your application has not be looked at as yet. I hope and pray that fire will be attatch to your name that will keeps burning and your application will never be overlooked.