ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exceptionally complex issues??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anp

Exceptionally complex issues??

Post by anp » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:23 pm

Dear XXX

We aim to process all the applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

----

Received a letter from HO with that exact wording. This was after I enquired through my MP. My application has been received on 08 May 2015.

I understand this is a standard format when they need more time, as they are running behind schedule, but is that it? Has anyone been approved after receiving such letter? Will I need to write to them to ask what these "exceptionally complex issues" are? Any advice would help.
Be good.

senolo
Newly Registered

Re: Exceptionally complex issues??

Post by senolo » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi Anp,
I have received the exact same letter today. I have applied 29th June so it has been 4 and a half months so still few weeks to 6 months deadline. May I please ask what was the outcome of your case?

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:54 pm

senolo wrote:Hi Anp,
I have received the exact same letter today. I have applied 29th June so it has been 4 and a half months so still few weeks to 6 months deadline. May I please ask what was the outcome of your case?

Thanks
Anp isn't likely to have any outcome yet...they only posted on the forum yesterday! :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

anp

Post by anp » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:49 pm

We can only speculate what the "exceptionally complex issues" are. From what I have read, it's a standard format they use when they are running out of time or when a MP makes an enquiry. It might not have anything to do with the ins and outs of the application. The fact the my application raises "exceptionally complex issues" might just mean the chance of them dealing with it is exceptionally complex due to volume and backlog. It remains to be seen. Anyone been through this? Please share.
Be good.

tope idowu
Newly Registered

Post by tope idowu » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:45 pm

I have this exactly letter on the 12th of november application submit on the 16th of June 2015.

jxn
Newly Registered

Post by jxn » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:56 am

y'all aint the only ones to receive this type of letter. I received my "lovely" copy last Friday and it was dated 10th Nov and I think it's a way to cover themselves as people would generally start chasing once they get to the 6 month mark. I would give it another 2-3 months until you hear back from them with a decision.

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:10 pm

I received the exact same letter after contacting the HO through email and MP. A week later, I received my approval letter. This is a standard excuse letter from HO to buy additional time, nothing to worry :) .

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:49 pm

We've received numerous reports from members being sent this letter. It seems to be particularly common when the MP is asked to intervene. It would appear that the case workers are covering their 'backsides' due to slipping behind with processing applications. They are required to respond with an explanation...hence the standard reply.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

taftaf
Newly Registered

Post by taftaf » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:24 pm

hi everyone i made an application on the 1st of april received by ho on the 2nd had payment taken off on the 21st of april i received this letter on the 14th of october: we aim to process all the applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision and they said they aspect to make a decision on your application shortly...
toady i rang the ho i spoke to a lady she took my details and said some1 will ring me withing 3 working days.

please anyone share they thought with me tell me what do i aspect as last 8 monthi been very stresed.thnx ever so much

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:22 pm

taftaf, i am under same situation with couple of other members, i called twice since i received this letter and i heard same response from them saying "it is with nationality team and no decision has been made yet". on this forum in April thread i can see only two/three people who got decision within 2 weeks after receiving this letter. Majority of us are still waiting.

I received this letter after i asked my MP to find the status on 19 October, on 4th November i received exceptionally complex letter and on 19 November i received reply from my MP with letter from "immigration Minister" saying that my application will take longer and a letter has been already sent to me

Surprisingly no time line on both letters. Normally they say if application has gone above six month then there is no define time on when will you get response.

Cannot do anything other then frustration and pray :roll: :(

taftaf
Newly Registered

Post by taftaf » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:15 pm

thnx ilr2014test yea i know its so stressfull,hopefully we both have aproovals soon

taftaf
Newly Registered

Post by taftaf » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:32 pm

hi everyone i made an application on the 1st of april received by ho on the 2nd had payment taken off on the 21st of april i received this letter on the 14th of october: we aim to process all the applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision and they said they aspect to make a decision on your application shortly...
toady i rang the ho i spoke to a lady she took my details and said some1 will ring me withing 3 working days.

does anyone knows wen will they ring me they said 3 working days

please anyone share they thought with me tell me what do i aspect as last 8 monthi been very stresed.thnx ever so much

SK413
Newly Registered

Post by SK413 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:00 pm

I received the exact letter 3 weeks after they got my application. I applied end of October. Seems like standard procedure with them. Just another way of saying we can't do it in 6 months. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

taftaf
Newly Registered

Post by taftaf » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:01 pm

i rang ho yesterday they said they would ring me within 3 working days,well i had a phone call today but i wasnt at home my wife answered they said that they need to talk to me an they said they gonna ring back this afternoon so am waitin fingers crossed .omg am well stresed now its funny coz they rang me back within 24 hours i dnt know what to aspect,what do u think people tell me please
i applied 1 of april received by ho on the 2nd payment off on the 21 of april and received a complex issue letter on the 14th of october
any ideas please tell me
thnx

anp

Post by anp » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:20 pm

These "exceptionally complex issues" letters are more common than I first thought. A few people in April got their approvals shortly after. Technically, if there was an issue for more clarification and proof we would have heard by now. It seems that it is just a way to buy them more time.

It's impossible to guess what will happen to our applications now. Other than waiting, there is nothing else we can do.
Be good.

taftaf
Newly Registered

Post by taftaf » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:55 pm

hi everyone,any aproovals after receiving the same exeptional complex issues letter???

computerhtech
Newly Registered

Post by computerhtech » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:31 pm

after complex issues anyone received approval?

jxn
Newly Registered

Post by jxn » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:49 pm

So i got home a few hours ago to find the approval letter along with the invitation from my council. This is all after receiving that "exceptionally complex issues" letter. Will update my timeline in the May section
computerhtech wrote:after complex issues anyone received approval?

agn
Newly Registered

Post by agn » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:53 am

Yes, don't worry. I got my approval letter after 4 weeks i received the "exceptionally complex issues" letter.

Nosashe999
Newly Registered

Post by Nosashe999 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:13 am

Hi all. I received a letter from the home office yesterday saying
We aim to process all the applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

Nosashe999
Newly Registered

Post by Nosashe999 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:17 am

Hi all. I received a letter from the home office yesterday saying

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:33 am

When did you apply ?
ZR

Nosashe999
Newly Registered

Post by Nosashe999 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:22 pm

Apply on October 17

Nosashe999
Newly Registered