ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maaan143

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by maaan143 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:05 pm

Kima wrote:Hi
I just applied today via Slough NCS, I just realised that the original life in the UK certificate is missing and there is a copy instead ,is it a mistake?
Thanks

Hi Kima,

I think it should be fine, I even forget to sent my original one with application but mentioned Ref number in application and my application was approved even they could have ask or request for original one but they didnt.

So dont worry,

kabalatown
Newly Registered

Post by kabalatown » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:14 am

Hi All just a quick one to make the story short.

I applied for naturalisation december 2014, my application was refuse due to good character grounds which relate to a simple caution I sign from the police back in March 2013 for drink and disorder behaviour in public.

ignorant to the law is no excuse, so yes I have a police caution for drink and disorder behaviour in public, remember drink and disorder behaviour can range from you being tipsy raise your voice, or cross the road when the light is not green many more so watch out and be careful.

the way the caution was handed over and for the police to get my signature was well organise, for me nothing was wrong and I wasn't aware at the time what they was selling to me, during my application for naturalisation in 2014 I did not declare the caution therefore my application was refused and given a reconsideration form.

I have ILR since 2011, being employed since entering the UK 10 years ago, no previous caution or conviction, the lawyer put all this in my reconsideration letter again am refused.

now they saying I can put in a fresh application if I want to naturalise which of cause I want to :!: £1020 dmm, but also home office is saying my application is unlikely to be successful until 2025 ie 10 years from the date of refusal.

please please do anyone have or know someone that have gone through similar situation? what will be the best advice? as am seeing my Solicitor on tuesday 17.11.2015 but do not want and can't afford money stream.

I am sure I have no other negative record and being employed since being in the UK, studied and family, please help if you have any relevant information, thanks.

Troyxxx
Newly Registered

Post by Troyxxx » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:07 pm

Eligibility criteria: 4 years spouse + 2.5 year ILR
Language criteria met: IELTS certificate + Life in the UK test
Nationality: TR
Method of application: Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed
Date of application: 22 October 2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23 October 2015 (Royal Mail tracking)
Date of acknowledgement :
Date money gone off account:
Date of letter requesting biometrics:
Biometrics done:
Date of approval :
Date of ceremony :
Date applied for passports :
Date passports received :

sekawesa
Newly Registered

Post by sekawesa » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:04 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: EEA 13 years + 1 year PR
Date of application: 16/10/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 19/10/2015
Method of application: Postal
Date of debit of fees: 4/11/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 3/11/2015 (received 12/11/2015)
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 9/11/2015 (received 12/11/2015)
Biometrics done: 13/11/2015
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

Shaz_143
Newly Registered

Post by Shaz_143 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:29 pm

Eligibility criteria:.....................10 Years + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met :...............Life in the UK, ESOL B1 Level 3
Current nationality:................... Pakistan
Method of Application:................ NCS
Council name if NCS used:............Enfield
Date of Application:...................14/05/2015
Payment method:......................Direct Debit
Date of Receipt by UKBA:.............15/05/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees:..05/06/2015
Date of Acknowledgement:...........09/01/2015 (Dated 4/06/2015)
Date of BRP letter received:..........09/06/2015 (Dated 4/06/2015)
BRP Submission :....................... 09/06/2015
Date Approval Received:...............13/11/2015
Approval date: ..........................06/11/2015
Date of Ceremony...................... 18/11/2015

Dear Friends,

With grace of Allah Almighty.... long wait come to an end today and I received approval letter from Home Office.

Yes!!!! It took almost 6 months to see the brown envelope in the door's post window. I knew these matter takes time but it look like never ending wait.

I have few friends who have applied for Naturalisation early this year and they received the approval within a month... YES less then a month. So I was expecting the similar sort of waiting time.... I was expecting the response from HO within first 3 month but after 3 months passed I knew it will take not less then 6 months as I can see from Naturalisation Google sheets update results.There are hundred of other people who are still in waiting queue since April/May 2015.

Just Keep your finger cross. It doesn't matter if it takes long time... most important thing is to get approval at the end. I would say I have waited nearly 12 years for this letter to come (since I came to UK :lol: ;-)) hehehe.

Never Mind guys.... I called the Council to book the Ceremony and they gave me another 6 week time. So I decided lets do the Ceremony private and finish this matter as I have done enough wait...... Secondly Christmas is almost on the head and then there will be delays in Passport process :)

Thanks very much for reading.....Best wishes for all those who have applied same time frame like mine and also the one who have applied recently.

mkashifakram
Newly Registered

Post by mkashifakram » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:37 pm

mkashifakram wrote:
mkashifakram wrote:Eligibility Criteria: Tier 1 + 1 Year ILR
Method of Application: NCS Hounslow
Date of Sending Application: 19 May 2015
Date of Application Delivery: ...
Date of Debit of Fees: 11 June 2015 (Cheque)
Date of Receipt of Acknowledgement:
Biometrics Request: 11 July 2015
Biometrics Submitted: 14 July 2015
Date of Receipt of Approval: 14 Nov 2015
Date of Ceremony:need to book

Naqwi
Newly Registered

Post by Naqwi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:27 am

Naqwi wrote:I submitted my wife nationality application on 28/05/2015

Eligibility criteria: 3 year + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met : Life in the UK, + IELTS
Current nationality: Pakistan
Number of Applicants: 1 (my wife)
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Newham
Date of application: 28/05/2015
Payment method: Bank
Date of debit or clearance of fees: still waiting
Date of receipt by UKBA: still waiting
Date of acknowledgement: still waiting
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting
Hello Experts,
I have got my wife nationality letter unfortunately her grand parents passed away in the accident because of that she is in the Pakistan.
Is it possible to attend oath ceremony in Pakistan instead of UK ?
Has any one done that?
RB
naqwi

digitalrev

Post by digitalrev » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:43 am

Finally waiting is over, I received my approval on friday 13th Novemeber by royal special delivery post. the approval letter was dated as 11th November. I applied on 1st of may. So it took Six month 12 days to get approved.

I emailed my local MP on 5th November, she was very helpful. she assured me she will be in contact with HO immediately and she will get back to me within 2 weeks. I guess she contacted them and then HO case worker decided to take a look at my file.

This forum as been a great support throughout my immigration journey in the UK, I am glad to be a member of this amazing community. Thank you WorkPermit.com for hosting this amazing site; and special thank you to moderators and all the senior members for keeping this site resourceful.

Naqwi
Newly Registered

Post by Naqwi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:50 am

Hello Experts,
I have got my wife nationality letter unfortunately her grand parents passed away in the accident because of that she is in the Pakistan.
Has any one done that?
RB
naqwi[/quote]

Shaz_143
Newly Registered

Post by Shaz_143 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:45 pm

Naqwi wrote:Hello Experts,
Has any one done that?
RB
naqwi
[/quote]

Respected Naqwi,
There is 3 months time frame in which you have to take a oath. If your wife is away, that's not a problem. Contact the local council and explain them the situation. And get the appointment after a month or 6 weeks time. Should not be any problem.
I hope it will help you

striving
Newly Registered

Post by striving » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi,
After waiting for about 6 months I finally get a letter from home, but not what i was expecting. They are saying someone with the same name as mine was arrested a few months ago and they are saying it was me and i either need to clear it from the prosecutor or need to clear from police that it wasn't me. So, it wasn't me. I went to the police station to see how it can be cleared and they gave me details of a department that does these things. The problem is that the department says they'll get back within 14 days but the time given to me by the home office is a day past those 14 days it'll take to get the checks done. Is there a quicker way to get it done? Can the deadline be extended? Do people commonly get these kind of letters? I would say the wordings of the letter could certainly be improved a whole lot.
Thanks in advance.

sunnycamb
Newly Registered

Post by sunnycamb » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:03 am

Alhamdulillah, long wait has come to an end, posting my timeline which may benefit other readers. I really like to thank all members who have shared their experience.

Eligibility criteria: 5 Years Tier 1 General + 1 year ILR
Language criteria: UK Degree
Current nationality: Pakistan
Method of application: POST
Date of application: 03/06/2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date receipt by UKBA: 04/06/2015
Date of clearance of fees: 15/06/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 15/06/2015 (Email)
Date of receipt of Biometric info: 17/06/2015
Date of Biometric Enrolment: 17/06/2015
Date approval received: 13/11/2015
Date of ceremony: Yet to book

Note: My application was with 1 police caution over 3 years and I have mentioned on my application and it did not effect my application. I would suggest to disclose any issues with your history, worst case would be your application is time barred not rejected on basis of deceiving. I know wait is painful but try not to think much about your application once submitted.

raja935
Newly Registered

Post by raja935 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:11 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 3 years British spouse dependence.
Nationality: Indian
Method of Application: NCS
English Qualification: Life in the uk and Naric Certificated English requirement.
Date of application : 22 October 2015
Date receive by ukba : 27 October 2015
Date of Debit Fees : 11/11/2015
Acknowledgement by email: 12/11/2015
Date of receive of acknowledgement & Biometric: 14/11/2015.
Date of Biometric : 16/11/2015.
Date receive of Approval:

Umar09
Newly Registered

Post by Umar09 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:46 am

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 10 years + 1 year PR
English language: UK PhD degree
Date of application: 13/06/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of debit of fees: 18/06/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 23/06/2015
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 23/06/2015
Biometrics done: 23/06/2015
Date of receipt of approval: 14/11/2015 (Dated 08/11/2015)
Date of Ceremony: 19/11/2015 (Private ceremoney)

Good luck to all who are awaiting.....

Troyxxx
Newly Registered

Post by Troyxxx » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:55 am

Troyxxx wrote:Eligibility criteria: 4 years spouse + 2.5 year ILR
Language criteria met: IELTS certificate + Life in the UK test
Nationality: TR
Method of application: Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed
Date of application: 22 October 2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23 October 2015 (Royal Mail tracking)
Date of acknowledgement :
Date money gone off account: 16 November 2015
Date of letter requesting biometrics:
Biometrics done:
Date of approval :
Date of ceremony :

razar
Newly Registered

Post by razar » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 2 Years spouse, 1 year ILR
English language: Life in UK, B1
Date of application: 07/07/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Method of application: NCS Newham
Date of debit of fees: 17/07/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 23/07/2014
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

hi everyone,

as you can see that its been almost 1.5 years that i am waiting for my naturalization. i sent them emails requesting the reason for delay and it was only two months ago that i got a response that since "you have taken the TOEIC exam which is why your application is on hold pending further inquiries". now i did take the TOEIC exam back in 2013 before the scandal broke but thankfully i never used it to support any of my homeoffice applications. i instead took the B1 exam to fulfill the english language requirement. i have emailed them again to explain that i have never used the TOEIC test to support my applications but so far there has been no response or movement on this. i have also booked the IELTS life skills test for early next month just in case.

can any one guide me further on this?

Thanks

Mikalai_S

Post by Mikalai_S » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:21 am

Eligibility criteria: 3Y + ILR
Language criteria met: B1
Nationality: BLR
Method of application: Royal Mail
Date of application: 20/10/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/10/2015 (tracking confirmation)
Date of acknowledgement : 09/11/2015 (Via Email) + letter received 11/11/2015 (dated 06/11/2015)
Date money gone off account: 06/11/2015
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 06/11/2015, received 11/11/2015
Biometrics done: 12/11/2015
Date of approval :
Date of ceremony :

swax17
Newly Registered

Post by swax17 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: (5yr + 3yr ILR)
Language Criteria:Life in the UK + Bachelors,from Birmingham City University UK.
Method of application: NCS leicester
Date of application: 28/10/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29/10/2015
Date of debit of fees: 17/11/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Waiting
Date Biometrics enrolled: Waiting
Date on Approval letter: Waiting
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

Quick question Guys. i done my Biometrics when i applied for ILR and i got the Biometrics Residence Card. do i need to do the Biometrics again?
i went to the NCS leicester to submit my application as the one in birmingham was 4weeks wait. The only reason i used NCS is to get my travel document back as i planned a holiday for a week sometime in January . The women who was checking my application kept interviewing me and asking me irrelevant questions, i kept replying to the questions and at one point i felt really annoyed. i told her to submit my application as its straight forward.(my dad spouse me to come to UK with my other brothers and sisters and i came with a family reunion visa. All my brothers and sisters got their British 2years ago and some last year. i was late to do my life in the UK Test as i had too much university assignment) the women asked why there is 6months gap between my old and new travel documents .i had two travel documents as one expired i applied for the new Biometrics travel document but as you know it takes 6months to get the new one. she said she need a proof i was in the UK in that 6months, i explained to her that it takes around 6months for the travel documents application and i couldn't leave the UK with expired document and even if i left i wouldn't be able to return with a expired travel document but it was hard for her to understand.i even showed her my bank statements and payslips. she called the HO and i could hear the guy on the phone telling her its fine. she said she wont be posting my application unless i have a proof either from work or the university to show i was in the UK at that 6month. at this point i was very angry and told her to send my application as i paid for the service and if the HO need any more evidence i will send it to them directly. she asked for all my original document and told me to wait in the waiting area. i waited for about 30 to 45 mins. i don't know why it was taking her so long to photocopy my documents as i even had photocopies of the originals but she said she needs to do it her self. she then called me back in and i signed some documents and she told me all that time she was ringing the HO to check my application and she said i need to send them the proof i was in the uk that 6month which was not a problem cz while i was waiting i called the university and told and asked for the letter and the university said the letter will be ready the following day. did anyone had this kind problem?? i still do not understand why she was acting like this to me. i even told her that i was suppose to make an application 2years ago but i was just busy. i was realy disappointed with the service and i would not recommended NCS leicesterto anyone

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:10 pm

swax17 wrote:i done my Biometrics when i applied for ILR and i got the Biometrics Residence Card. do i need to do the Biometrics again?
Yes.

JohnnyZee

Post by JohnnyZee » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:24 pm

APPROVAL UPDATE!!

Eligibility criteria: Tier 2/1 (5 years) + ILR (1 year)
Language criteria met: UK Degree
Date of application: 09 June 2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10 June 2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 17 June 2015
Date of acknowledgement: Dated 17 June, Received 24 June 2015
Date of receipt by Biometric info: Dated 18 June, Received 24 June 2015
Date of Submission of Biometric info: 24 June 2015
Date approval received: Dated 6 November, Received 17 November
Date of ceremony: ...waiting...

All the best to those still waiting.

rbat
Newly Registered

Post by rbat » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:01 am

[quote="rbat"]Eligibility criteria: 5 Year Tier 2 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK degree
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 01-06-2015
Payment method: Credit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 02-06-15
Biometric Letter Received: 16th July 15
Biometric Details Submitted: 18th July 15
Date of approval : 03-11-2015 (received approval letter on 05-11-2015)
Date of ceremony : Booked Individual ceremony on 18th November

swax17
Newly Registered

Post by swax17 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:02 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: (5yr + 3yr ILR)
Language Criteria:Life in the UK + Bachelors,from Birmingham City University UK.
Method of application: NCS leicester
Date of application: 28/10/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29/10/2015
Date of debit of fees: 17/11/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement by Email: 17/11/2015

kbee417
Newly Registered

Post by kbee417 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:43 pm

Yay! The brown envelope has been received! I wish everyone still waiting lots of luck and good wishes. Fingers crossed you receive yours.

Eligibility criteria: Marriage to BC (3 year residency)
Language criteria met: USC
Method of application: NCS Bromley
Date of application: 22-07-2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: N/A
Date of acknowledgement : 31-07-2015
Date money gone off account: 31-07-2015
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 31-07-2015 (received 06-08-2015)
Biometrics done : 07-08-2015
Date of approval : received 18-11-2015
Date of ceremony: 1-12-2015

bonasoares
India

Post by bonasoares » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Finally its all done...
bonasoares wrote:
bonasoares wrote:
bonasoares wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: (5yr + 1yr ILR)
Method of application: NCS (Croydon) on 03-Sep-2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18-Sep-2015
Date of debit of fees: 18-Sep-2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement email: 18-Sep-2015
Date of Biometric Letter received: 21-Sep-2015
Biometric Enrolment: 21-Sep-2015
Date of receipt of approval: 14-Nov-2015 :D
Date of Ceremony: Need to callback Croydon Council after 23 Nov as they are upgrading their registrar system

alexsas
Newly Registered

Post by alexsas » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:51 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: (5yr Tier1 + 1yr ILR)
Language Criteria:Life in the UK + old IELTS
Method of application: NCS Bracknell
Date of application: 29/10/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: unknown
Date of debit of fees: 19/11/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement by Email:Waiting