ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M application guidance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

keepsim

SET M application guidance

Post by keepsim » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:39 am

Hi,

Can you anyone confirm if I'm right in understanding that IELTS "general training" should be good to use for SET M application ? In our case we had given IELTS general exam for different reason and now I am hoping we should be able to use it for SET M.

The application form as such takes you to ielts website where they classify this test as "IELTS for UKV" , looks like this is very specific for UK immigration purpose.

So please can anyone confirm IELTS "general training" given in last 2yr should be good to use ?

Cheers

Casa

Re: SET M application guidance

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:00 pm

[quote="keepsim"]Hi,

Can you anyone confirm if I'm right in understanding that IELTS "general training" should be good to use for SET M application ? In our case we had given IELTS general exam for different reason and now I am hoping we should be able to use it for SET M.

The application form as such takes you to ielts website where they classify this test as "IELTS for UKV" , looks like this is very specific for UK immigration purpose.

So please can anyone confirm IELTS "general training" given in last 2yr should be good to use ?

Cheers[/quote

Is your wife's test (B1 level) on the new approved list?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ctober.pdf

Also note that she will need to pass the Life in the UK test if she hasn't done so already.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

keepsim

Post by keepsim » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:16 pm

From the pdf you had shared her score is between C1 and B2 so in that case I assume we should be using lower level B2 ?

In IELTS "general test" they don't assign a "Level" , they give individual grade and overall band score.

so can IELTS general test be used ?

Yes life is the UK is already done.

Thanks

keepsim

Post by keepsim » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Anyone ?