ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Saleem Ahmed

Re: FLR(M) waiting times

Post by Saleem Ahmed » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:26 pm

xoheb786 wrote:Application Submitted: 21/09/2015
Fee Deducted: 22/09/2015
Biometric Letter: 29/09/2015
Biometric Submitted: 08/10/2015
Refused today: 16/11/2015
Reason: PTE (English Certificate) is not relavent but it was still relavent untill 06/11/2015

And I havent got the right of appeal aswell because I was an overstayer.

So now what can I do because it is their mistake.

Thanks
Which certificate did you submit? Also what level of the english certificate? what else they have mentioned in refusal?

xoheb786

Post by xoheb786 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Pearson PTE C1 which I took in October 2014 that means it was still valid untill 5/11/2015

This is the only reason

Ausie1
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) waiting times 2011-2014

Post by Ausie1 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:52 am

anas wrote:Date FLR(M) sent to HO: 19/02/2015
Docs received by the HO: 20/02/2015
Ack'ment Letter Arrived: 03/03/2015
Biometrics Letter Arrived: 06/03/2015
Biometric Enrolled at PO: 06/03/2015 Letter Received from HO for Interview: 07/04/2015
Interview done in a friendly atmosphere, staff was very friendly. They took about 3.5 hours all together, 30 minutes from me and about 3 hours from my wife. Asked too many personal questions. Once finished we came out and matched our answers. All perfect except one question in which they asked my wife that have u got any friend and she replied only 1 but i said as far as i m aware no friend because i never seen her going out for shopping with any friend or talking to anyone on mobile. Lady said u will get result between 2-4 weeks but we r still waiting. Any suggestions or anyone who went through interview process with British spouse. I m so upset now although 100% genuine case. I think they r taking time becoz my wife is on DLA.
Spouse visa Granted on: waiting
Passport & docs received:waiting
Date Bio-metri... waiting

What happened to your application Anas?

Saleem Ahmed

Post by Saleem Ahmed » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:21 am

xoheb786 wrote:Pearson PTE C1 which I took in October 2014 that means it was still valid untill 5/11/2015

This is the only reason
It's strange to refuse because of PTE. I'm also worried about my case now, i have submitted city & guilds B2 Certificate for my FLR M application. Now concern about my english certificate as well.

xoheb786

Post by xoheb786 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Saleem Ahmed wrote:
xoheb786 wrote:Pearson PTE C1 which I took in October 2014 that means it was still valid untill 5/11/2015

This is the only reason
It's strange to refuse because of PTE. I'm also worried about my case now, i have submitted city & guilds B2 Certificate for my FLR M application. Now concern about my english certificate as well.

I'm going for the judicial review because it is clearly their mistake because the UKBA website states
"Applicants who take the language test on or before 5 April 2015 with the current providers will be able to use their certificates until 5 November 2015"

mandy777
Newly Registered

Post by mandy777 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi All,

I applied for FLR (M) on the 5th Sep 2015 and finally received a response on 3rd November 2015. Unfortunately the application has been refused because one of the bank statements was not showing my husbands pay. We applied on 5th Sep but the previous 6 months bank statements went up to 12th August with the next bank statement due to be issued on 12th September. This meant the August Pay (27th August) could not be shown on a bank statement. We did include 6 months payslips, letter from employer and previous year P60 but HO case worker lacked common sense and refused the visa.

Anyhow, i have now appealed to First Tier Tribunal within the 14 day and yet to get a response. Does anyone have any experience with the Appeal procedure and approx how long it is going to take?

All the best to everyone.

Tahakhan
Newly Registered

Post by Tahakhan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:50 pm

RASH007 wrote:
RASH007 wrote:FLR(M) application sent to HO: 10/09/15
Application received and signed for: 11/09/15
Application acknowledgement and biometric letter: 18/09/15
Biometrics enrolled at PO: 18/09/15
received letter for additional documents on 06/11/15
Received my BRP Today:12/11/15 after sending additional documents sent on 09/11/15
Hi Rash007
Would you mind to advise that what additional documents were asked to submit please?

Kotte14
Newly Registered

Post by Kotte14 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:24 am

mandy777 wrote:Hi All,

I applied for FLR (M) on the 5th Sep 2015 and finally received a response on 3rd November 2015. Unfortunately the application has been refused because one of the bank statements was not showing my husbands pay. We applied on 5th Sep but the previous 6 months bank statements went up to 12th August with the next bank statement due to be issued on 12th September. This meant the August Pay (27th August) could not be shown on a bank statement. We did include 6 months payslips, letter from employer and previous year P60 but HO case worker lacked common sense and refused the visa.

Anyhow, i have now appealed to First Tier Tribunal within the 14 day and yet to get a response. Does anyone have any experience with the Appeal procedure and approx how long it is going to take?

Hi mandy777

Sorry to hear about the initial decision you've received. Can I ask whether they actually specified this as the sole reason your application was refused? I would have thought they would have requested the additional information - rather than an outright refusal - if this was the sole issue.

Was it because you were only just meeting the income requirements, or hadn't been with current employer for more than six months?

Ausie1
Newly Registered

Post by Ausie1 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:08 am

anas wrote:Date FLR(M) sent to HO: 19/02/2015
Docs received by the HO: 20/02/2015
Ack'ment Letter Arrived: 03/03/2015
Biometrics Letter Arrived: 06/03/2015
Biometric Enrolled at PO: 06/03/2015 Letter Received from HO for Interview: 07/04/2015
Interview done in a friendly atmosphere, staff was very friendly. They took about 3.5 hours all together, 30 minutes from me and about 3 hours from my wife. Asked too many personal questions. Once finished we came out and matched our answers. All perfect except one question in which they asked my wife that have u got any friend and she replied only 1 but i said as far as i m aware no friend because i never seen her going out for shopping with any friend or talking to anyone on mobile. Lady said u will get result between 2-4 weeks but we r still waiting. Any suggestions or anyone who went through interview process with British spouse. I m so upset now although 100% genuine case. I think they r taking time becoz my wife is on DLA.
Spouse visa Granted on: waiting
Passport & docs received:waiting
Date Bio-metri... waiting
What's the news now?

tfoley
Newly Registered

Post by tfoley » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:54 am

FLR(M) application sent to HO: 26/09/15
Application received and signed for: 28/09/15
Application acknowledgement and biometric letter: 06/10/15
Biometrics enrolled at PO: 07/10/15
BRP received through DX Courier: 18/11/15
Approval letter/passport/docs (Received by Special Delivery we had included env. in app): 18/11/15

Like everyone I am sure; we were very nervous over this renewal (second application, midway on the 5 year route). Got caught out not knowing the NHS Surcharge now existed also the letter to acknowledge application and request biometrics mentioned something about the application raised issues relating to right to family (I think that's roughly what it said) and it seemed unclear if this was some form of rejection?? We also panicked mostly because we moved three times since last application and simply had hardly any post especially in my wife's name (I am the sponsor). Just glad its over, as we have two young children and as everyone knows this legislation is horrible especially where children are involved also. A good outcome for us, but my thoughts are very much with all of you and wish you all the best on your applications and especially that you can keep family together. This government is cold hearted and cruel and I hope as few of us get caught up in this unforgivable cruel policy as possible. I am British, I have the right to marry who I choose and I should never have to qualify this on my own soil

mandy777
Newly Registered

Post by mandy777 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:15 am

Kotte14 wrote:
mandy777 wrote:Hi All,

Hi mandy777

Sorry to hear about the initial decision you've received. Can I ask whether they actually specified this as the sole reason your application was refused? I would have thought they would have requested the additional information - rather than an outright refusal - if this was the sole issue.

Was it because you were only just meeting the income requirements, or hadn't been with current employer for more than six months?
Hi Kotte,
This was the sole reason. My husband has been with the current employer for 4 years and earning well over the £18,600 threshold. The Home office should have asked for the Bank statement rather than rejecting. Just been unlucky

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:08 am

hI
Can someone just help me out please
im going on maternity next year and my husband visa expires 30 september 2015
im guessing we only need 6 month payslips each showing our combined income is 18600 or more
so would it b ok for me to return from maternity just 6 months before?
also in july 2017 it will be 30 months he has been here so do we apply as soon as the 30 months are complete or is it ok to apply around 1 September, 28 days before the visa actually expires?
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:58 am

also can someone who has received their flr confirm does the flr visa also have a 33 month date? as in 30 for the visa n 3 for travel just lyk the first tym?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:36 am

I applied my wife flr m and here is the timeline.
FLR(M) application sent to HO: 02/04/15
Acknowledgement letter Received on 13/04/2015 (Dated 09/04/2015)
Twist in the story HO sent a letter that your sponsor (me) is not settled yet (As my ILR application was pending). HO attached FLR FP form with the letter to fill in within 10 days otherwise application will be invalid. Letter dated 15/04/2015.My genius solicitor only filled the parent route in flr fp form. As i have 2 UK born kids.
Filled flr fp and sent on 20/04/2015.

Another twist HO sent few pages of FLR FP back and marked the pages to fill in Partner route as well within 10 days otherwise application will be invalid. Letter dated 07/05/2015.
Filled marked flr fp pages and sent on 10/05/2015.
Biometric letter: 27/05/15
Biometrics enrolled at PO: 18/06/15
I got ILR on 23/06/15. Sent ILR copy to caseworker.
I applied 2 kids MN1 on 30/06/2015
First kid Registration certificate as BC Received on 13/11/2015
2nd kid Registration Certificate as BC Received on 16/11/2015
wife BRP received through DX Courier: 18/11/15

When i submitted my wife flr m we requested HO to put her application on hold until i get my ILR but caseworker has other plans. At the end thankful to her that at least she granted us leave to remain for 30 months .
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

sherife
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by sherife » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:03 pm

Just received a letter today (7 weeks since applying) requesting additional documents, they state in the letter that the new expected decision date is on the 25th of January 2016, another whole 8 weeks!

From reading the posts, it seems applicants get their docs/visas quickly after submitting the additional docs, has anyone who receives a letter requesting additional docs also receive a new expected date? Or should I really expect the decision to be made in another 8 weeks?

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:27 pm

sherife wrote:Just received a letter today (7 weeks since applying) requesting additional documents, they state in the letter that the new expected decision date is on the 25th of January 2016, another whole 8 weeks!

From reading the posts, it seems applicants get their docs/visas quickly after submitting the additional docs, has anyone who receives a letter requesting additional docs also receive a new expected date? Or should I really expect the decision to be made in another 8 weeks?
Hi,
what additional documents they requested? and when did you applied?
As I applied on 17 oct and waiting
please reply
thanks

Saleem Ahmed

Post by Saleem Ahmed » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:29 pm

sherife wrote:Just received a letter today (7 weeks since applying) requesting additional documents, they state in the letter that the new expected decision date is on the 25th of January 2016, another whole 8 weeks!

Good Evening

just want to ask you what additional documents they have asked to submit? did you miss anything when you submit your application?

Regards

sherife
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by sherife » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:37 pm

The documents they required are:

1- Letter from sponsor's employer that confirms:
- the employemnt and gross annual salary.
- the length of employment.
- the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application
- type of employment

2- Detailed bank statements covering the period from March to September 2015. These should show payments of income. Although it is noted that you have already submitted some bank statements, these are only dated March 2015.

We did submit the 6 months bank statements, I'm not sure what we're missing, we sent online prints of the statements.. I'll just send them again I suppose. They also have payslips and a letter from employer, but not covering all the points they mentioned.

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:58 pm

sherife wrote:The documents they required are:

1- Letter from sponsor's employer that confirms:
- the employemnt and gross annual salary.
- the length of employment.
- the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application
- type of employment

2- Detailed bank statements covering the period from March to September 2015. These should show payments of income. Although it is noted that you have already submitted some bank statements, these are only dated March 2015.

We did submit the 6 months bank statements, I'm not sure what we're missing, we sent online prints of the statements.. I'll just send them again I suppose. They also have payslips and a letter from employer, but not covering all the points they mentioned.
thank you for the reply

try to send them original bank statements or call your bank and they will send it to you which takes 3-5 working days

kind regards

ushafiq84
Newly Registered

Post by ushafiq84 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi there

You passed this test with level C1 so should not have been a problem. However it looks a mistake on Home Office part.

Could you please also confirm if your marks were more than 67 in listening and speaking?

On a seperate note please note that for FRLM application you can can do A1 or above as mentioned by UKBA below.

''Spouse & partner: If you intend to apply under the spouse and partner route you must provide evidence that you have passed the speaking and listening components of a test at level A1 or above. You do not need to demonstrate reading and writing skills. Where a test examines all four components (speaking, listening, reading and writing) you do not need to pass the reading and writing components, you only need to evidence passing the speaking and listening components''.

ushafiq84
Newly Registered

Post by ushafiq84 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi buddy

Any news/development on your case?

City and Guild B1 was also SELT before April 2015 and could be used until 5 November 2015 for indeifnate application as well as FLRM. So, why were you refused at first place? For FLRM you need A1 minimum or above so in your case your wife did B1 so she should have been fine.

Thanks
US

sheikhsaddy wrote:If you have a heart, please help.....

I am so desperate to get a piece of advice. I had my ILR on the basis of 10 years. I applied for FLR(M) for my wife and two kids who joined me more than 5 years ago on my Tier 1 General. I was misguided so my wife passed and sent the City & Guilds B1 Listening & Speaking Test Results,when it was SELT that was relevant since she was not applying for ILR. So my family was refused the visa.

We have now appealed on the advice of a solicitor. It seems that the only thing that can save her is passing SELT at A1 Level but her passport has been retained by the Home Office so IELTS and Trinity have refused to allow her to book the test. I have written to the Home Office but they refused to release the passport. The appeal hearing date will arrive soon and time is running out. It will help if you could answer the following and share your experience:

1. Any chance she can still win the appeal on the basis that my two young kids are in school and for my family to leave the UK and return back could cost them an year's schooling?
2. Any chance to sit for a SELT in this situation? If so, how?

I will really appreciate your advice. God bless you.

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:38 pm

Here is my wife's application timeline for flr m initial application.
FLR(M) application sent to HO: 19/09/15
Acknowledgement letter: 25/09/15
Biometric letter received (along with letter to fill up the missing part of the application form): 01/10/15
Biometrics enrolled at PO: 02/10/15
FLR(M) visa granted: 16/11/15
Passport and docs received: 20/11/15
Biometric card received: 20/11/15

Good luck for others....

viksnid

Post by viksnid » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:41 pm

My partner filled out a flr (M) visa in August, it's been 14 weeks now. He's done his biometrics in August and he also got a letter for additional information regarding his IHS which we also sent off in August. We've rung UKVI and they have no idea what I can do. I've also sent them a letter asking them how long.

Does anyone know what I can do about it, as we are going to New York in December?

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:23 am

hi
can anyone who has received their flr confirm is this visa also for 33 months as in 3 additional for travelling?
also if u apply a month before ur visa expires what dates is the flr issued from?

Ausie1
Newly Registered

Post by Ausie1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:28 am

Sara2006 wrote:
Ausie1 wrote:Hi guys just wanna know if you submit your FLR M by post will you get a confirmation letter of aknowledgement by post or by email and also the Biometric? I applied this month of OCT 20, 2015 and still waiting for the letter of aknowledgement they already get the money but still no email or letter at all
Hi Ausie I am in same situation send documents 19th October money been taken 21th after that time didnt receive anything yet start worry :cry:
Hi got the confirmation letter and biometric after a long wait now went to post office for biometric.
Let see how long it will take for the result.