ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Salary Clarification in Job Advertisement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tiertwoguy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Salary Clarification in Job Advertisement

Post by tiertwoguy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:17 am

Dear Administator/Moderator,

I was going through the sponsor policy guidelines to understand the process from company's point of view. As per one of the points mentioned in the guidelines, the company needs to advertise the position at 2 different places (1 being universal jobmatch atleast in my case). My new employer has done that. The guideline states that the company needs to advertise certain points in there. one of them being:

(iv) an indication of the salary package or salary range or terms on offer

The above is being taken from Immigration Rules: Appendix A: Attributes - 78 b.

What does "terms on offer" mean in the above statement?

My new employer hasn't advertised the salary on universal jobmatch & their official website but my contract (offer letter) shows the salary.
Universal Jobmatch: No mention of salary - every other information is advertised
Official website of the company: (Salary: Competetive dependent on experience)

Is that considered valid? Can this result in the RLMT being invalid or unsuccessful? Does "terms on offer" in the official statement of UKBA refers to offer letter (contract)?

Can anyone please help me to clarify this point?

Many thanks in advance.

carlosallca
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Salary Clarification in Job Advertisement

Post by carlosallca » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:07 pm

hey mate
i was in the same position. My company did post any salary or salary range in their job ads. I didn't realise until i was going to apply for my visa. I had an immigration agent / lawyers check the CoS and they said if the job ad did not have a salary or range it will be invalid. But this stage I have waited for employer to get license, do a market test and apply for CoS. I had the assigned CoS, contract and was ready to apply. I reported this back to employer and their policy is that not to state any salaries. Directors couldn't be convinced and the process ended there.
My advice engage an immigration lawyer in the UK, try 1 contact, who will help your employer with job ad, applying and assigning CoS.
Good luck and let me know if you get in
Carlos

tiertwoguy
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Salary Clarification in Job Advertisement

Post by tiertwoguy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi Carlosallca,

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for replying this late to your message.

In regards to the topic, I did request the company to re-advertise the job with the salary range mentioned in it. Luckily, director/s of the company agreed to it and they advertised it.

Although, I was being offered another role with another employer so I'm not continuing my process with the previous one. But the company's HR manager did speak with UKBA and mentioned the salary needs to be one of the mandatory thing in the job advertisement.

Regards & all the best.