ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing previous employment info in Naturalisation (AN) form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sandy1318sandy

Missing previous employment info in Naturalisation (AN) form

Post by sandy1318sandy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:59 am

I applied for Naturalisation on 02/07/2015 via NCS, Biometrics enrolled on 15/07/2015.
My query is, in section 1.53 of the AN application under previous employment history I forgot to mention about one of my part time job I did for 4 months in 2009 (I have mentioned about current and other previous full time employment correctly). I only realised this couple of weeks ago and I am not sure if I should write to the home office explaining this missing information. I am under the impression if the home office were to find this out by checking my HMRC records they will write to me to ask for an explanation.
Please can someone advise what I should do now, also if anyone had been in similar situation as me?

Thanks
Sandy

noajthan

Re: Missing previous employment info in Naturalisation (AN)

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:41 am

sandy1318sandy wrote:I applied for Naturalisation on 02/07/2015 via NCS, Biometrics enrolled on 15/07/2015.
My query is, in section 1.53 of the AN application under previous employment history I forgot to mention about one of my part time job I did for 4 months in 2009 (I have mentioned about current and other previous full time employment correctly). I only realised this couple of weeks ago and I am not sure if I should write to the home office explaining this missing information. I am under the impression if the home office were to find this out by checking my HMRC records they will write to me to ask for an explanation.
Please can someone advise what I should do now, also if anyone had been in similar situation as me?

Thanks
Sandy
HO is sure to contact you if they have any query about your application.

If it helps you to relax you could contact HO helpline to see if it's necessary to send this additional information voluntarily; (cross reference your HO case number).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Just call them and let them know you involuntarily left a job out from the employment history.

On a side note, very easy to do... I cannot remember most of the part time jobs I did 10 years ago, that's why I'm going to request HMRC to send me a record of everything they have on me.

Abdul6230
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul6230 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi there. Just want to ask u about ur missing job history on An form. Did u contact HO or ? I m in same satiation. I forgot to put my part time job on form( I did 4 months ) in 2012. Pls reply me. Thanks a lot

presido007

Post by presido007 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:11 am

As anybody who missed one or two employment history on their application form received their approval yet?

Abdul6230
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul6230 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:40 pm

Hi there , can anyone explain to me that what's Second stage letter ?
I submitted my naturalisation on 27.10.15
Received acknowledgement & BRP on 17.11.15
Did BRP on 19.11.15
After that I didn't receive anything yet :::
A lot of people talking about second stage letter and I didn't receive anything like that.
Thanks for reading my message.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:44 pm

Abdul6230 wrote:Hi there , can anyone explain to me that what's Second stage letter ?
I submitted my naturalisation on 27.10.15
Received acknowledgement & BRP on 17.11.15
Did BRP on 19.11.15
After that I didn't receive anything yet :::
A lot of people talking about second stage letter and I didn't receive anything like that.
Thanks for reading my message.
Once you have submitted your biometrics, then the next communication from the HO would be the decision letter. Unless of course they require additional information, in which case they will write to you requesting this.

Abdul6230
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul6230 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Abdul6230
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul6230 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:03 pm

Sir
What's easy to get PR or naturalisation? I didn't had any problems with my PR time last year. Don't know why they taking long this time. I seen few people applied after me and they have thier approval already.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:57 pm

PR and naturalisation are completely different things :roll:

Abdul6230
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul6230 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:05 am

Thanks for the reply.
I know PR and naturalisation are different things. But what I was trying to ask is that I hadn't any problem when I applied for PR last year. It didn't took very long last year for PR. But for naturalisation they taking time. Some of my friends applied after me and they have their approval
Already.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:10 am

Under EEA regulations you are entitled to proof of permanent residency once you have acquired it. You cannot be refused.

Naturalisation as a British citizen is purely at the discretion of the Home Secretary. You can be refused for whatever reason they see fit, even if you meet all of the criteria.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:17 am

Abdul6230 wrote:Thanks for the reply.
I know PR and naturalisation are different things. But what I was trying to ask is that I hadn't any problem when I applied for PR last year. It didn't took very long last year for PR. But for naturalisation they taking time. Some of my friends applied after me and they have their approval
Already.
Process can take 4 or 6 months or a year+.
There is no rhyme or reason to it.

You can track other members' experiences in the timelines thread.
Your mileage may vary.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.