ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2015 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iluvireland

Re: 2015 Citizenship Approvals

Post by iluvireland » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi
I sent my fees on 30thOctober
Letter dated on 19 November
I m 100% sure we all get invitation even if you sent money
Today.

Arif.BD
Newly Registered

Post by Arif.BD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:28 pm

Application based on 5 yrs Stamp 4 EU Fam
Application Date 15/05/2015
1st Letter.................26/05/2015
Second Letter............21/07/2015

Any one knows how long i could be waiting? I have no criminal record.

dublin1924
Newly Registered

Post by dublin1924 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:12 pm

@ ATIF BD:-

Is your application through Solictor or you made it direct, As my Timeline is exactly same like yours and still
no update since Second stage letter

Arif.BD
Newly Registered

Post by Arif.BD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:52 pm

dublin1924 wrote:@ ATIF BD:-

Is your application through Solictor or you made it direct, As my Timeline is exactly same like yours and still
no update since Second stage letter
My application through a solicitor

13Warrior
Newly Registered

Post by 13Warrior » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:33 pm

Am the same as well

dublin1924
Newly Registered

Post by dublin1924 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:17 pm

@ 13 Warrior & Arif.BD,

I personally think that all those who applied through Solicitors are delayed more than 6 months as i am, As my friend applied on his own on same dates as me in May and got his approval few days ago but as i applied through solicitor got delayed so many of others are as we can see,

Please comment, What you think according to your experiences. Thanks

13Warrior
Newly Registered

Post by 13Warrior » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:21 pm

Dublin 1924 and Arif BD
I am almost the same as you in time line but I didn't apply through solicitor ,and still waiting.

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:34 pm

I applied too myself ........but since received second stage letter on 9th September. there is no news so far in relation to my application, but send them a copy of my new GNIB card week ago. (Citizenship Applied 8th July, 2015)

baaz80
Newly Registered

Post by baaz80 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:39 pm

Arif.BD wrote:Application based on 5 yrs Stamp 4 EU Fam
Application Date 15/05/2015
1st Letter.................26/05/2015
Second Letter............21/07/2015

Any one knows how long i could be waiting? I have no criminal record.
Hi Arif bro...I have the same question...
My application date 27/05/2015
Ist letter 03/06/2015 and 2nd 10/08/2015 and NO any offenses
Still aproveal panding.....
and my 2 friends the apply after me 3 weeks and they get approval I apply me slef.....
I wish everyone got his approval soon....

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:44 pm

Monifé wrote:Hi everyone.

My husband received his approval (Spouse of Irish national), we are over the moon. It has been a long road (we had immigration problems from early on in our relationship), but we will soon finally be free :)

Application timeline:

8th June 2015: Applied
22nd June: Acknowledgement
4th August: Initial processing stage letter
17th August: Letter asking us to resubmit the Spouse declaration and his statutory declaration (don't know why, we sent it in the first place with no mistakes)
18th August: Declarations sent
NO SECOND STAGE LETTER RECEIVED
22nd October: Citizenship approval :D :D

4 and half months waiting, thought it was going to be MUCH longer, delighted.

Fee sent the following week, still no letter for ceremony.
My original post above.

Husband received his invitation today to the ceremony on the 14th of December at 11am :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

zidadi
Newly Registered

Post by zidadi » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:34 pm

Will=Way wrote:
zidadi wrote:Will=Way I got my second stage letter two days after you, I hope that means I'll get my approval next week! It would be the best Christmas gift ever.

Guys, when you send on the GNIB, does it mean you are not allowed to travel anymore? If you do travel, how can you get back in the country?

It is very possible. I think you should receive your approval in the next coming week(s). Bar any complications, you should be among the next batches of approvals. Have faith man, you are nearly there....
Hope so. i did apply through a solicitor ( for no reason .. just for convenience ) but now it's starting to look like a bad idea based on all the comments above!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:53 pm

zidadi wrote:
Will=Way wrote:
zidadi wrote:Will=Way I got my second stage letter two days after you, I hope that means I'll get my approval next week! It would be the best Christmas gift ever.

Guys, when you send on the GNIB, does it mean you are not allowed to travel anymore? If you do travel, how can you get back in the country?

It is very possible. I think you should receive your approval in the next coming week(s). Bar any complications, you should be among the next batches of approvals. Have faith man, you are nearly there....
Hope so. i did apply through a solicitor ( for no reason .. just for convenience ) but now it's starting to look like a bad idea based on all the comments above!
It's simple logic.. when you make your application to the INIS by yourself, the INIS will CHECK all the details of information contained to recommend you for approval but when you apply through a solicitor to the INIS, the INIS will DOUBLE-CHECK all the details of information contained. Sending/applying through a solicitor raises a red flag that could slow down the flow of the process but in the end, if qualified for it, you'll surely get approved. My advise, if you have no issues while residing in the state, NO NEED TO APPLY THROUGH A SOLICITOR.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:17 pm

Do Irish citizenship applications go via home office address in Liverpool?

ignore me I've just checked and it doesn't x

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:28 pm

HelloitsmeAbby wrote:Do Irish citizenship applications go via home office address in Liverpool?

Republic of Ireland is NOT part of the UK, it is a separate country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
HelloitsmeAbby wrote:Do Irish citizenship applications go via home office address in Liverpool?

Republic of Ireland is NOT part of the UK, it is a separate country.

Yeah I know I just realised.

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:32 am

Guys does the decision comes on registered delivery post or just normal posts please all guys who received approval or any decision respond back. Thank you.

wasay999
Newly Registered

Post by wasay999 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:35 am

Rio29 wrote:Guys does the decision comes on registered delivery post or just normal posts please all guys who received approval or any decision respond back. Thank you.
Normal post mate, same like any other letters you received from them in a brown envelope.

DTD
Newly Registered

Post by DTD » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:44 am

All

I just got the letter of invitation in post for the 14th of December at 12:50 pm at the Conventional Centre.

Letter is dated 23rd of November.

I sent the GNIB and fees on the 2nd of Nov and they received it on the 3rd.

My Timeline is

Applied - March 2015
First letter - 1st week May 15
Second stage letter - End of May 15
Approval - End of October 15
Basis - 5 years residency in the state

No offences or court cases. Was a fairly straight forward case.

Hope everyone else waiting gets their approvals and invitations soon.

All the best!

Special thanks to you bro, KingdomMan!

God Bless!

zidadi
Newly Registered

Post by zidadi » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:21 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
It's simple logic.. when you make your application to the INIS by yourself, the INIS will CHECK all the details of information contained to recommend you for approval but when you apply through a solicitor to the INIS, the INIS will DOUBLE-CHECK all the details of information contained. Sending/applying through a solicitor raises a red flag that could slow down the flow of the process but in the end, if qualified for it, you'll surely get approved. My advise, if you have no issues while residing in the state, NO NEED TO APPLY THROUGH A SOLICITOR.
Thanks- am I correct to assume that the INIS check is done since I have received the second stage letter?

DTD
Newly Registered

Post by DTD » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:27 pm

zidadi wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:
Thanks- am I correct to assume that the INIS check is done since I have received the second stage letter?

INIS check only starts after the 2nd stage letter and if there is no complication, take 1-3 months and then forwarded to the minister with a recommendation. After which it can take up to 6 weeks depending on when is the next batch of approval is being issued.
All the best!

baaz80
Newly Registered

Post by baaz80 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Hey Kingdomman.....
please can you share your opinions when is invitations start did the department stop the more approval?and can we querying after six months and ask the reasons why is still panding please comments...thanks
Ist letter 10/06/2015 and 2nd 03/08/2015
Still aproveal panding
NO offence

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:16 pm

DTD wrote:All

I just got the letter of invitation in post for the 14th of December at 12:50 pm at the Conventional Centre.

Letter is dated 23rd of November.

I sent the GNIB and fees on the 2nd of Nov and they received it on the 3rd.

My Timeline is

Applied - March 2015
First letter - 1st week May 15
Second stage letter - End of May 15
Approval - End of October 15
Basis - 5 years residency in the state

No offences or court cases. Was a fairly straight forward case.

Hope everyone else waiting gets their approvals and invitations soon.

All the best!

Special thanks to you bro, KingdomMan!

God Bless!
Thanks mate and good to know you finally got your invitation. I wish you every success and happiness in life :D

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:26 pm

zidadi wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:
Like DTD implied, second stage is when your application is sent for Garda vetting and other departmental checks to verify all the information you filled in and to know if you've been of good character throughout your residency in the state. Barring any complexity, you're almost there at the advanced/final stage(approval stage). :)
Last edited by KingdomMan on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:36 pm

baaz80 wrote:Hey Kingdomman.....
please can you share your opinions when is invitations start did the department stop the more approval?and can we querying after six months and ask the reasons why is still panding please comments...thanks
Ist letter 10/06/2015 and 2nd 03/08/2015
Still aproveal panding
NO offence
With the trend here, sometimes some applicants get approvals while others are getting invitations simultaneously, so, it's a possibility. Again, stating your full names, address and application reference number, you should feel free to call or email the INIS at any point to inquire about the current status of your application. Most of us here do that frequently. With your application timeline, I think you're close to the end of the line and should get the good news soon barring any complexity with your application. Good luck to you!

baaz80
Newly Registered

Post by baaz80 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:49 pm

Thanks Kingdomman....hope everyone soon get his approval ...