ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel immediately after naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukswus

Travel immediately after naturalisation

Post by ukswus » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:51 am

As there is not much time left before Winter holidays, I may need to travel out of the UK before being able to apply for the British passport. Do I understand correctly that travelling on the citizenship certificate+foreign passport+ILR BRP is fine? Also, do I need to complete a landing card, saying that I am a British citizen?

secret.simon

Re: Travel immediately after naturalisation

Post by secret.simon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:20 pm

Your ILR and therefore BRP is invalidated when you get naturalised. But carry it anyway in case foreign immigration officials need to check your immigration visa.

Also carry your naturalisation certificate.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:02 pm

secret.simon wrote:Your ILR and therefore BRP is invalidated when you get naturalised. But carry it anyway in case foreign immigration officials need to check your immigration visa.

Also carry your naturalisation certificate.

Yes, I meant to say that BRP was supposed to be shown when boarding a plane abroad.

So, I presume I should be fine when entering the UK just with the naturalization certificate and foreign passport? No need to fill out the landing card?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Fill in a landing card as you are entering the UK on a foreign passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:47 am

CR001 wrote:Fill in a landing card as you are entering the UK on a foreign passport.
Makes sence, thank you.

ss332
Newly Registered

Post by ss332 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:59 pm

Hi,

I am in a similar situation and need to travel immediately post naturalisation and would appreciate if you could clarify some of my concerns -

1) The new AN guide https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... hanges.pdf mentions that "Following a grant of citizenship your BRP will be cancelled" and that the BRP card should be returned to Home Office within 5 days after naturalisation.

Please could you confirm if this posed any problem in your travel. Was your BRP accepted at the immigration while entering UK ?

Also could you confirm what nationality you mentioned in the landing card and was the naturalisation certificate presented at the immigration while entering UK.

Thanks in advance,