ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

redrosekhan
Newly Registered

Re: July 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY

Post by redrosekhan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:14 pm

I RECIEVED MY APPROVAL TODAY TOOK 4 MONTHS TO COME THRO.
APPLIED ON 24TH JULY RECIEVED APPROVAL TODAY ON 25 NOVEMBER DATED 20 NOVEMBER
10 YEARS long residency+ 1 YEAR ILR.
Shukar Allahamdo Lillah.
wish you all the best.

pk1717
Newly Registered

Post by pk1717 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi everyone

I applied for naturalisation on 4 July 2015 at NCS Camden. I submitted my biometrics on 17 July 2015.

I have a straightforward case: I entered the UK in 2009 on Tier 1 (General), got ILR in May 2014 And applied for naturalisation a year after that. I've been working on a full-time basis for the same employer the entire time.

I'm starting to get paranoid(!) as I still haven't received approval from the Home Office. I notice that a lot of people applying later than me have already heard back. Is anyone else still waiting who applied around the same time as me? It'd be reassuring to know. Thanks!

Pk1717

Aj2-four
Newly Registered

Post by Aj2-four » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:54 pm

Yea I'm still waiting and mine is a pretty straight forward application, the people on here that have received their approvals does not justify anything, there would have been easily over 8000 applications in July alone and because they are not looked at in date order some may take longer than others.
I know it's hard but the time frame is 6months for a decision. Looking on here the quickest approval was 3months and the longest approval so far 5months 1weeks, I think the majority of us will Be will be around the 5months mark, the not straight application maybe earlier as I was told at the ncs that those applications are being looked at 1st, Which means if your application is straight forward it would be put aside, this means majority of application can be dealt with within 6months

pk1717
Newly Registered

Post by pk1717 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Thanks Aj2-four, that's helpful to know. I guess it's just a waiting game then....! Hope you hear back soon.

redrosekhan
Newly Registered

Post by redrosekhan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:57 pm

redrosekhan wrote:Eligibility criteria: 10 year + 1year ILR
Language criteria met: Met in previous application + Univ Degree +Life in the UK
Nationality: Pakistan
Method of application: self .by post
Date of application: 23-07-2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA:27 july 2015
Date of acknowledgement : 5 august 2015
Date money gone off account: 4 august 2015
Date of letter requesting biometrics: Biometrics done :9 august 2015
Date of approval : 25 november 2015(dated 20 nov 15)
Date of ceremony : Awaiting
Date applied for passports : Awaiting
Date passports received : Awaiting
Documents attached
Current passport, expired passport and BRP
Original Life in the UK test
ILR letter
7 years P60s

pk1717
Newly Registered

Post by pk1717 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:24 pm

So I got home this evening and found the brown paper envelope! Approved! Posting on here must have been lucky ;) Letter dated 17 November so it took me 4 months and 2 weeks. Thanks Aj2-four for your response. Good luck everyone else!

Aj2-four
Newly Registered

Post by Aj2-four » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Congrats, that was perfect timing. I reckon a lot julys application responses are around the corner, mine was received on the 27th of July so I'm not expecting anything for another 2-3 weeks, take care

timroram
Newly Registered

Post by timroram » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:51 pm

29th July applicant . Still waiting.. Dont know how long . Hopefully within 1 or 2 weeks.

Eligibility criteria: 5 year resident + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: IELTS
Method of application:Post
Date of application:29-07-2015
Payment method:Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA:30-07-2016
Date of acknowledgement :15-07-2016
Date money gone off account: 13-07-2015
Biometrics done :17-07-2015
Date of approval :waiting
Date of ceremony :waiting
Date applied for passports :waiting
Date passports received:waiting

sandy1318sandy

Post by sandy1318sandy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:20 am

Dear all, I received my approval letter yesterday (25/11) in post. It’s been nearly 5 months, I wish good luck to everyone who are waiting, I am sure you will receive in the coming days as these are processed in a random order (looks like a lucky dip each morning...)

Eligibility criteria: 5 Years Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK Masters Degree
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 02/07/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 03/07/2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Biometrics done: 15/07/2015
Date of approval: 19/11/2015, received in post 25/11/2015
Date of ceremony: 26/11/2015 (private ceremony)
Date applied for passports: TBC
Date passports received: TBC

Can someone now advise the next steps in applying for British Passport, I know there is information online, but would like to hear from you in a simplified manner. Thanks in advance and a very good luck to each and every one of you.
Thanks
Sandy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:24 am

sandy1318sandy wrote:Dear all, I received my approval letter yesterday (25/11) in post. It’s been nearly 5 months, I wish good luck to everyone who are waiting, I am sure you will receive in the coming days as these are processed in a random order (looks like a lucky dip each morning...)

Eligibility criteria: 5 Years Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK Masters Degree
Date of application: 02/07/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 03/07/2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Biometrics done: 15/07/2015
Date of approval: 19/11/2015, received in post 25/11/2015
Date of ceremony: 26/11/2015 (private ceremony)
Date applied for passports: TBC
Date passports received: TBC

Can someone now advise the next steps in applying for British Passport, I know there is information online, but would like to hear from you in a simplified manner. Thanks in advance and a very good luck to each and every one of you.
Thanks
Sandy
Apply online or pick up an application form at the Post Office, complete, send with documents, wait for interview letter, attend interview, get passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sandy1318sandy

Post by sandy1318sandy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:29 am

Thanks CR001, when you say apply online; don’t I need to send my current passport? If I decide to apply by post, what are the full set of documents (2 photos, home office approval later, oath ceremony letter) and hat else, please advise. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:40 am

sandy1318sandy wrote:Thanks CR001, when you say apply online; don’t I need to send my current passport? If I decide to apply by post, what are the full set of documents (2 photos, home office approval later, oath ceremony letter) and hat else, please advise. Thanks
Please read page 12 and 13 of the passport application guidance notes. Whichever way you apply, you have to send all your uncancelled passport and naturalisation certificate, they don't care about the letters.

First Adult Passport (click)

Passport Guidance Notes (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

okclave
Newly Registered

Post by okclave » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Aj2-four wrote:Yea I'm still waiting and mine is a pretty straight forward application, the people on here that have received their approvals does not justify anything, there would have been easily over 8000 applications in July alone and because they are not looked at in date order some may take longer than others.
I know it's hard but the time frame is 6months for a decision. Looking on here the quickest approval was 3months and the longest approval so far 5months 1weeks, I think the majority of us will Be will be around the 5months mark, the not straight application maybe earlier as I was told at the ncs that those applications are being looked at 1st, Which means if your application is straight forward it would be put aside, this means majority of application can be dealt with within 6months

That makes sense. I will just forget about it. mine was so straight forward it might take 6 months then!

sandy1318sandy

Post by sandy1318sandy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:04 am

Thanks again CR001, I received naturalisation certificate yestarday after a private ceremony, so the documents for applying passport are as below, please advise

Passport application form
2 photos(one of them countersigned)
Naturalisation Certificate (Original)
Current uncancelled Indian passport

is there any thing else I need to send? shoud I send the BRP? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:40 am

sandy1318sandy wrote:Thanks again CR001, I received naturalisation certificate yestarday after a private ceremony, so the documents for applying passport are as below, please advise

Passport application form
2 photos(one of them countersigned)
Naturalisation Certificate (Original)
Current uncancelled Indian passport

is there any thing else I need to send? shoud I send the BRP? Thanks
Not relevant to the passport application. Have you read through the links I provided, they are very clear on what is required. You need to send ALL uncancelled passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:25 pm

A few members claim when they've used check and send,...the PO staff member has asked for the BRP also!!

Wrongly so, of course!

perfectionist

Post by perfectionist » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi hks99, which email address did you use? I sent an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk few days ago and they didn't bother to reply to my email even with standard one that you received :(
hks99 wrote:Sent an email to HO enquiring about my application status and update and below was the response I received:

Dear Mr xxxxxxx

I am writing in regard to your outstanding application for British Citizenship.

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

Following recent clarification of the Nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for British Citizenship.

Your case has been identified as such a case and will not be decided within 6 months.

We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3 – 6 months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

This also applies to any family members whose applications for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

Yours sincerely

Nationality Casework.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, has anyone in this forum received a similar response from HO ?

Aj2-four
Newly Registered

Post by Aj2-four » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:52 pm

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure it will all work out, When did you send that and how long did it take you to get a reply?

hks99
Newly Registered

Post by hks99 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:02 pm

Hi perfectionist, I wonder why they have not replied you as I used the same email you used, NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they replied me the following day. Really, I don't know why the whole process is taking so much time. Lets hope we will get the approval within the next couple of weeks as I have noticed from the forum, it seems July applicants' approval have started rolling again.
perfectionist wrote:Hi hks99, which email address did you use? I sent an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk few days ago and they didn't bother to reply to my email even with standard one that you received :(
hks99 wrote:Sent an email to HO enquiring about my application status and update and below was the response I received:

Dear Mr xxxxxxx

I am writing in regard to your outstanding application for British Citizenship.

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

Following recent clarification of the Nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for British Citizenship.

Your case has been identified as such a case and will not be decided within 6 months.

We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3 – 6 months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

This also applies to any family members whose applications for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

Yours sincerely

Nationality Casework.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, has anyone in this forum received a similar response from HO ?

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:11 am

I emailed this : NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

on Nov 10th saying we had applied for BC under an6(2) and asked it was taking so long for such a straight forward application.... they didn't answer but approval followed 6 days later ( letter arrived 20th but dated 16th)

we applied( well my husband not me) in 2nd week of June btw

Mhrkrd

Post by Mhrkrd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:46 am

Hi to everyone
My application will be 6 months if hasnt decided by 13 jan 2016 and concerning that homeoffice caseworkers will be more slow for christmas period.how the system works in the uk for state departments.do they getting lazy :o :D :mrgreen:
ANY COMMENT

perfectionist

Post by perfectionist » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:54 pm

Thank you for the info - hks99 & HelloitsmeAbby. Seems there is nothing else we can do other than waiting :roll:

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by chokaschoza » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:52 pm

Received approval last weekend !! :D

I thought that was automated letter from HO about exceptional circumstances and complicated issues based upon my silent observation. Fortunately, that wasn't the case :D

Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 (G) 5 Years + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: UK MSc degree + Life in the UK
Council name if NCS used: Milton Keynes
Date of application: 08/07/2015
Date HO received it: 14 July 2015 (DX delivery lol :mrgreen: )
Payment method: Debit card
Payment taken: 21/07/15 (Amount unavailable on 20/07/15)
Date of acknowledgment letter: 23/07/2015 (Dated 20/07/15, £1,005 fee taken and Correspondence in Advanced mail 2nd class postage, well played HO :D )
Date of Bio-metrics received and done: 27/07/2015 (Dated 20/07/15 issued along with Acknowledgement letter but received after a week, magic :lol: )
Date approval received: 27 or 28/11/15 Since I wasn't home (Letter Dated 19/11/15)
Date of ceremony: Waiting for Council's Invitation letter.

Will update about the ceremony and passport application timeline.

All the best to those who are waiting !! Hold tight yours would be around the corner !!
Spouse(Wife) Standard
App Submitted Online: 15/09/18
Bio-metrics: Lahore, PK 17/09/18
Supp Docs Sent: 18/09/18
ECO Email: 25/10/18
Docs Returned: 26/10/18
Decision: ALHAMDULILLAH !! Approved 04/12/18

sandy1318sandy

Post by sandy1318sandy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:06 am

Please can someone advise about the documents required to apply for Spouse Naturalization, I am the main applicant and have received Citizenship. My wife is currently on ILR

Thanks
Sandy

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:24 am

sandy1318sandy wrote:Please can someone advise about the documents required to apply for Spouse Naturalization, I am the main applicant and have received Citizenship. My wife is currently on ILR

Thanks
Sandy
Application under AN6(2)-Spouse of British Citizen

-Your passport
-partners passport
-wife's BRP
- marriage certifiicate ( plus certified translation if not English)
- Life in the UK pass letter
-Proof of Language - B1 test or degree whichever your wife has.

that's it