ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tenancy Application

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rscott7
Newly Registered

Tenancy Application

Post by rscott7 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone can help shed some light on the following situation.

If I have received a job offer, RCoS, and a visa permitting me to work in the UK for the 3 years contract, but at the moment only have the temporary 30 day 'vignette sticker' visa: https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-6-months. Should this affect ability to secure a private tenancy agreement for a property in the UK that goes beyond the 30 day window?

An estate agent has processed a tenancy application form up to a point, and the landlord has agreed to accept the offer. The issue at the moment is that the estate agent is looking for evidence that I will be able to be in the country legally for the one year initially tenancy period. I've read somewhere that it may be law to prove immigration status, but it stated this only affected somewhere in Birmingham, so unsure if this affects London.

Should the company sponsoring me be able to clarify? Does anyone see this as a sticking point.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate. Thank you

rscott7
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Visa - 30 Day Vignette Sticker - Tenancy Applicat

Post by rscott7 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:48 pm

Sorry, I should have searched further before posting the question as I believe I've found the answer: http://www.parliament.uk/business/publi ... -20/228629

I think it's okay :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Visa - 30 Day Vignette Sticker - Tenancy Applicat

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:19 pm

You need to collect your BRP card within 10 dsys of srriving on the 30 days validity of your entry visa. The BRP will be vaild fir the full duration of your CoS/Contract.

All landlords are required to check full immigration status and right to rent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.