ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

taftaf
Newly Registered

Re: April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

Post by taftaf » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:24 pm

hey there can anyone help please...i have received 2 msg on my inbox and when i click on the link that is on my email it says am not authorised to acces private messages...help please thnx

padhme
Newly Registered

Post by padhme » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:14 am

Taftaf, you will need to have 10 posts on the forum to be able to view private messages. :)

taftaf
Newly Registered

Post by taftaf » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:39 am

hi everyone i hope we get aprovals soon

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:31 pm

Update.

All the best to everyone waiting..
Mind_The_Gap wrote:
viki83 wrote:I guess very few of us April applicants left now. Can everyone who applied in April and still waiting list their timelines here?
Eligibility criteria: Tier 1(G) 5 years + ILR 1 year
Language criteria: LIUK + IELTS (2009)
Method of application: NCS
Council name - NCS Wandsworth
Date of application: 13/04/2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 08/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 13/05/2015 (dated 08/05/2015)
Date of Biometric invitation: 13/05/2015 (dated 08/05/2015)
Date of Biometrics : 14/05/2015
Date approval received: 17/11/05 (dated 04/11/15)
Date of ceremony: **Waiting**

abc525
Newly Registered

Post by abc525 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:45 pm

Hi,

Are there any Late March and Early April Applicants still waiting !!!

Please update....

Thanks...

elmuser
Newly Registered

Post by elmuser » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:47 pm

Mind_The_Gap wrote:Update.

All the best to everyone waiting..
Mind_The_Gap wrote:
viki83 wrote:I guess very few of us April applicants left now. Can everyone who applied in April and still waiting list their timelines here?
Eligibility criteria: Tier 1(G) 5 years + ILR 1 year
Language criteria: LIUK + IELTS (2009)
Method of application: NCS
Council name - NCS Wandsworth
Date of application: 13/04/2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 08/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 13/05/2015 (dated 08/05/2015)
Date of Biometric invitation: 13/05/2015 (dated 08/05/2015)
Date of Biometrics : 14/05/2015
Date approval received: 17/11/05 (dated 04/11/15)
Congratulations mate. This gives me hope. It is well

vallae14
Newly Registered

Post by vallae14 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Eligibility Criteria: 5 Years EEA + 2YRS PR
Language Criteria Met: Degree + LITUK
Current Nationally: Nigerian
Method of Application: Postal
Payment Method: Credit Card
Date of Application: 29/04/2015
Date of Receipt by UKBA: 30/04/2015
Date of Debit Fees: 20/05/2015
Date of Acknowledgment: 24/05/2015
Date of Biometrics: 26/06/2015
Date of Approval Received: 12/11/2015 dated 07/11/2015
Date of Ceremony: 02/12/2015

kashifmir52
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmir52 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:21 pm

10 Years+1 year ILR
Applied :1st of April
Received By HO : 7 Th of April
Applied Via NCS(Wandsworth) Service was poor(could not post my application before 6th of April
Date of application: 01/04/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 07/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 28/05/2015
Date of acknowledgement: Not received Yet
Date of Biometric invitation: 01/06/2015
Date of Biometrics : 01/06/2015
Date approval received: **Waiting**

padhme
Newly Registered

Post by padhme » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:37 pm

I am extremely pleased to say that I received my approval letter this morning dated 17/11!!!!!!! I'm shaking and cannot believe it!!! :D :D

This forum has been a beacon of light for me throughout the long and excruciating wait. To endure it with others who are in the same boat as me was extremely comforting, and the helpful tips and support provided were invaluable. Thank you to all those who posted their timelines, gave advice, gave each other company, etc. I am so grateful that this forum exists.

In total it took more or less exactly 7 months. I was able to get my MP to give them a bit of a nudge, so that definitely would have helped. Here is what I did: I emailed my MP asking them to urge HO to expedite the process and told him it was very urgent that I get the approval as soon as possible (this is true in my case. be honest), emailed HO 2-3 times asking for urgent processing, also emailed this address Kashif (mkashifakram) posted claiming I could get a reply within 24 hours: NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. However I have no idea if my emails (other than to my MP) helped because I never received a reply from HO. But it is worth trying.

Also, don't worry if anyone received the 6+ months extension blah blah letter because I got a letter via my MP saying my application was subject to further scrutiny and will take longer than expected etc but I got my approval a little under 2 weeks after that. So don't worry! As mentioned before, it's just something they send to give themselves a bit more time!

Eligibility criteria: UKF (daughter of unmarried British citizen father)
Current nationality: Stateless
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 16/04/2015
Payment method: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: May 2015
Date of acknowledgment: May 2015
Date approval received: 19/11/2015 dated 17/11/2015
Date of ceremony: Waiting

And here I was already beginning to lose all hope. So stay strong and good luck for those still waiting because I am very very positive that you will get yours soon!! Much love to you all!

Waitingtoolong
Newly Registered

Post by Waitingtoolong » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:06 pm

Approval letter came through today so just waiting for invitation to ceremony.

Indeed, contacting MP helps once HO is outside of 6 months waiting time. I know for a fact that HO finalised my case case following a call from MP on Monday.

My guess is that HO got snowed under during the summer due to increased passport applications and you can imagine they couldn't get in temps to do this type of work so they just piled our applications. However, I believe the caseworkers are also cherry-picking applications depending on how easy they look and this may be why many later applications were processed before ours. I know these things happen because I used to manage risk on a case-handling project and I know one of my responsibilities was to ensure case-handlers were not cherry-picking cases as this could result in FCA fines. But nobody fines HO.

Good luck to all those still waiting and if you are now over 6 months get help from your MP.

kashifmir52
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmir52 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:34 pm

padhme wrote:I am extremely pleased to say that I received my approval letter this morning dated 17/11!!!!!!! I'm shaking and cannot believe it!!! :D :D

This forum has been a beacon of light for me throughout the long and excruciating wait. To endure it with others who are in the same boat as me was extremely comforting, and the helpful tips and support provided were invaluable. Thank you to all those who posted their timelines, gave advice, gave each other company, etc. I am so grateful that this forum exists.

In total it took more or less exactly 7 months. I was able to get my MP to give them a bit of a nudge, so that definitely would have helped. Here is what I did: I emailed my MP asking them to urge HO to expedite the process and told him it was very urgent that I get the approval as soon as possible (this is true in my case. be honest), emailed HO 2-3 times asking for urgent processing, also emailed this address Kashif (mkashifakram) posted claiming I could get a reply within 24 hours: NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. However I have no idea if my emails (other than to my MP) helped because I never received a reply from HO. But it is worth trying.

Also, don't worry if anyone received the 6+ months extension blah blah letter because I got a letter via my MP saying my application was subject to further scrutiny and will take longer than expected etc but I got my approval a little under 2 weeks after that. So don't worry! As mentioned before, it's just something they send to give themselves a bit more time!

Eligibility criteria: UKF (daughter of unmarried British citizen father)
Current nationality: Stateless
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 16/04/2015
Payment method: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: May 2015
Date of acknowledgment: May 2015
Date approval received: 19/11/2015 dated 17/11/2015
Date of ceremony: Waiting

And here I was already beginning to lose all hope. So stay strong and good luck for those still waiting because I am very very positive that you will get yours soon!! Much love to you all!

Thanx a lot padhme.........its really frustrating .HO never ever send me any letter or any kind of communication to me yet since the day i had applied for Naturalization.I'm the one who actually rang them and asked for biometric...........since the day i had done my biometric.......there is no response from them ......i also asked my MP about two days a ago to ring for me if he can ask about the status of my application but i have not heard any thing from him even yet.AS u said get my fingers crossed........

taftaf
Newly Registered

Post by taftaf » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:53 am

hi everyone i emailed my mp to chase my case up but hvnt herad anything yet from my mp,does anyone knows wether the mp emails u back to say that they will chase the case up or do they only get back to u when they have contacted the ho,pls let me know thnx

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:06 pm

I doubt any hanging in April 2015 thread will get their approval before Feb/March next year as per the timeline in April 2014. This is just a prediction based on previous year timeline.

I am also waiting, called twice in last 2 weeks and the response was same. "It is with nationality case working team and no decision has been made yet." They don't tell if they are waiting for any response from external check.

I got letter on 4th of this month saying something about exceptional circumstance and they need more time after they reach 6 month marks and a letter from my MP.

only this we can do is pray.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Strange think in my case is I never even received this "exceptional case" letter. Applied on 27/04 and exhausted all ways of communication.
ilr2014test wrote:I doubt any hanging in April 2015 thread will get their approval before Feb/March next year as per the timeline in April 2014. This is just a prediction based on previous year timeline.

I am also waiting, called twice in last 2 weeks and the response was same. "It is with nationality case working team and no decision has been made yet." They don't tell if they are waiting for any response from external check.

I got letter on 4th of this month saying something about exceptional circumstance and they need more time after they reach 6 month marks and a letter from my MP.

only this we can do is pray.

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Viki, your case is pretty much identical to mine.

Did you involve you MP?

viki83

Post by viki83 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:01 pm

Yes sent an email to MP on 07/10/2015. Got a letter a week later he will contact HO. Then I phoned MP office around end of October when they said "HO says still processing". Since then I emailed 4 or 5 times to MP with no response whatsoever. Sent email to HO, no response. Called HO last thursday when they noted details for a callback and still waiting for any call back too.
ilr2014test wrote:Viki, your case is pretty much identical to mine.

Did you involve you MP?

EternalOptimist
Newly Registered

Post by EternalOptimist » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:37 am

How long does one normally wait for the invitation letter?

Given the timelines, it certainly sounds like that people here are receiving their invitation with their approval?

Elousseili
Newly Registered

Post by Elousseili » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:34 am

Number of applicants : 1 Adult
Eligibility criteria: 6 years
Current nationality: Irish
Method of application: NCS Camden
Date of application: 15/04/15
Payment method : mastercard
Date of receipt by UKBA : 20/04/15
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 13/05/15
Date of acknowledgment: 13/05/15 received on 16/05/15
Date of Biometric invitation: 13/05/15 received on 16/05/15
Date of Biometrics: 20/05/15
Date approval received: pending
Date of ceremony: pending

padhme
Newly Registered

Post by padhme » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:55 am

EternalOptimist wrote:How long does one normally wait for the invitation letter?

Given the timelines, it certainly sounds like that people here are receiving their invitation with their approval?
Some lucky ones do get them together in one letter (an approval letter that urges them to contact council right away) - I've heard that this usually happens for those who have applied via NCS. The rest get them separately. I've been waiting for a week now, hoping it will come very soon!! I can't tell for sure how long it usually takes as I've read of people getting it as early as a few days in or as late as the whole 2 weeks (some are even left hanging for longer although it seems to be rare). I'd say from what I've read that the average is 1.5 weeks.

I've contacted my council and told them I need an urgent ceremony and asked them to contact me as soon as they have received my certificate, which could be earlier than when my invitation arrives in the mail.

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:23 am

padhme wrote:
EternalOptimist wrote:How long does one normally wait for the invitation letter?

Some lucky ones do get them together in one letter (an approval letter that urges them to contact council right away) - I've heard that this usually happens for those who have applied via NCS. The rest get them separately. I've been waiting for a week now, hoping it will come very soon!! I can't tell for sure how long it usually takes as I've read of people getting it as early as a few days in or as late as the whole 2 weeks (some are even left hanging for longer although it seems to be rare). I'd say from what I've read that the average is 1.5 weeks.

I've contacted my council and told them I need an urgent ceremony and asked them to contact me as soon as they have received my certificate, which could be earlier than when my invitation arrives in the mail.
I don,t know what is the criteria for these two or three letters, we a family of three applied. All through same NCS and same rule. Me and my wife got a one letter for invitation to book a ceremony, we called and booked the ceremony straight away and we have that letter required to receive the certificate. Our daughter received a letter of approval and been advised to wait for the inviting letter and do not call council until then and probably they or council will write the ceremony date. And if there is no letter in two weeks then write them again to remind.
To me this is rediculus since the same job was done with one letter in our case and for our daughter who is also an adult we require to wait for another two letters. So waiting for the post man is not over yet.
Best wishes for you and other forum members. Please let us know when you get a letter from home office as well as council.
Thanks
Choudhry

padhme
Newly Registered

Post by padhme » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi Choudhry et al, very happy to say I came home to a beautiful brown envelope including my citizenship ceremony letter today, so had to wait about a week after my approval. Ringed up my council right away and they said they'll ring me back within 24 hours to book a private ceremony. Here is my timeline if it helps!

Approval letter dated: 17/11/2015
Approval letter received: 19/11/2015
Citizenship ceremony letter dated: 18/11/2015
Citizenship ceremony letter received: 25/11/2015

Good luck and I sincerely hope your daughter gets hers very soon.

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:23 am

Any update by those who are still waiting????

viki83

Post by viki83 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:11 pm

No progress. Called HO last thursday, got a callback yesterday with same old response "under processing". I don't have any hopes now before xmas.

EternalOptimist
Newly Registered

Post by EternalOptimist » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:46 am

ChOudhry1 wrote:I don,t know what is the criteria
I don't think they are very proactive and aware.

I applied from Europe, and explicitly stated I wanted my ceremony in the UK, as this is my choice.

However the letter said I will receive an invitation letter "from my embassy". It will be 4 weeks on monday and I cannot advise anybody at HO/UKVI that my address has changed (every number I got answered but refused to deal with my change of address request because I applied from outside the UK) and the embassies know nothing about me, and my nominated venue in the UK hasn't received anything for me.

I am at my wits end to be honest. I have mailed, e-mailed, called, and tried literally every number and e-mail I can find. Yet they do not respond. Sigh.

I am thankful I have at least received my approval letter and am not still waiting like a lot of you folk out there are... This entire process is a shambles. It should not take over 8 months for a simple application.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:18 am

Any updates from anyone? Looks like its coming to a halt for xmas/new year break. Not seeing much approvals now.