ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COE-ROA on Pakistani passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dimples123
Newly Registered

COE-ROA on Pakistani passport

Post by dimples123 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:15 pm

Hello there

Just need some advice please. My cousin is applying for RoA certificate and she is Pakistani. She got her first Pakistani passport a couple of weeks ago and asking me for help on right of abode application but my case was a bit different.

The only problem for her is that the Pakistani passport she applied for at the Bradford consulate in the uk and the passport states the issuing authority as Pakistan. But on the gov.uk website she said the passport has to have been issued in the uk or a previous right of abode certificate is needed. Now in this case what would she need to do??

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: British Passport or COE-ROA on Indian Passport?

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:27 pm

https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/apply-for-a-certificate-of-entitlement wrote:You’ll need to send:
your valid passport or travel document - if it wasn’t issued in the UK it must have immigration stamps to show you’re living here, or you must have a previous right of abode certificate
That is to prove that she is in the UK legally.

So long as she is a British citizen and has never got a British passport, she is entitled to apply for a CoE-RoA in the passport of any other country she is entitled to carry.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

dimples123
Newly Registered

Post by dimples123 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:35 am

secret.simon wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/apply-for-a-certificate-of-entitlement wrote:You’ll need to send:
your valid passport or travel document - if it wasn’t issued in the UK it must have immigration stamps to show you’re living here, or you must have a previous right of abode certificate

So long as she is a British citizen and has never got a British passport, she is entitled to apply for a CoE-RoA in the passport of any other country she is entitled to carry.
Thanks Secret.simon. She doesn't have a British passport but we were just worried that would this cause it to be rejected as the passport states the issuing authority as Pakistan but she applied for it in Bradford. And has submitted the receipt that she applied for the passport there.

Also the fees for the CoE-RoA has changed :| :| :| and she submitted the documents last Wednesday 25th and they were received by the Liverpool office on the Thursday 26th and the page has just been updated on the 26th. So in this case what needs to be done? Should we call them tomorrow or what should we do please xxxxxx

Thank you so much xxxxxxx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:44 am

the passport states the issuing authority as Pakistan but she applied for it in Bradford.
A foreign passport issued in the UK will always state the country as the issuing authority as the embassy/consulate are representatives of Pakistan. It could not say anything else other than Pakistan as issuing authority.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dimples123
Newly Registered

Post by dimples123 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:52 am

CR001 wrote:
the passport states the issuing authority as Pakistan but she applied for it in Bradford.
A foreign passport issued in the UK will always state the country as the issuing authority as the embassy/consulate are representatives of Pakistan. It could not say anything else other than Pakistan as issuing authority.
Oh I see!!! I understand now and Thank you so much :D xxxxx

dimples123
Newly Registered

Post by dimples123 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:40 am

dimples123 wrote:
secret.simon wrote:

Thanks Secret.simon. She doesn't have a British passport but we were just worried that would this cause it to be rejected as the passport states the issuing authority as Pakistan but she applied for it in Bradford. And has submitted the receipt that she applied for the passport there.

I understand the bit about the issuing authority but how would she have to get the immigration stamps because that would only be possible if she had travelled from outside back to the uk. But she hasn't as its her first passport and also she applied for it from within so would this be a major issue??!

Also the fees for the CoE-RoA has changed :| :| :| and she submitted the documents last Wednesday 25th and they were received by the Liverpool office on the Thursday 26th and the web page has just been updated on the 26th. So in this case what needs to be done? Should we call them tomorrow or what should we do please xxxxxx

Thank you so much xxxxxxx
Can anyone help please....thank you in advance xxxxxx

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:30 am

So, as I understand it, your cousin has never traveled outside the UK as this is her first Pakistani passport and she has not got a British passport.

That should be absolutely fine then as the lack of entry stamps in her new Pakistani passport should show that she has never traveled abroad and her proof of citizenship should show that she is in the UK legally.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

dimples123
Newly Registered

Post by dimples123 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:05 am

secret.simon wrote:So, as I understand it, your cousin has never traveled outside the UK as this is her first Pakistani passport and she has not got a British passport.

That should be absolutely fine then as the lack of entry stamps in her new Pakistani passport should show that she has never traveled abroad and her proof of citizenship should show that she is in the UK legally.
Yes it's her first passport and she doesn't have a British passport. I hope that the immigration office understand this and thank you so much Simon. Because she was born here and not been abroad so hopefully it should be okay but just the issue about the change of fees? :| :| :| what do you think because it's just been updated on the Thursday you see on the gov.uk page xxxxxx