ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship Form SU07 and Claiming Housing Benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elmundo
Newly Registered

Sponsorship Form SU07 and Claiming Housing Benefits

Post by elmundo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:55 pm

Hello all,

I had to fill up the su07 form for my wife when she applied for her UK settlement visa to join me in the UK and I would really appreciate clarification on whether I can claim HB even though my wife's visa states no recourse to public funds.

Further background:
  • I am British citizen
  • I submitted the Sponsorship Undertaking SU07 form to support my wife's visa application in early 2105
  • My wife has the UK spouse visa valid for 33 months with "no recourse to public funds"
Q: Can I apply for HB without breaching the Sponsorship Undertaking and/or jeopardizing my wife's subsequent application for the visa extension/permanent settlement?

I've read the similar threads on the forum but they didn't have a clear/up-to-date reply.

I'd appreciate your further input.

elmundo
Newly Registered

Re: Sponsorship Form SU07 and Claiming Housing Benefits

Post by elmundo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:49 pm

elmundo wrote:Hello all,

I had to fill up the su07 form for my wife when she applied for her UK settlement visa to join me in the UK and I would really appreciate clarification on whether I can claim HB even though my wife's visa states no recourse to public funds.

Further background:
  • I am British citizen
  • I submitted the Sponsorship Undertaking SU07 form to support my wife's visa application in early 2105
  • My wife has the UK spouse visa valid for 33 months with "no recourse to public funds"
Q: Can I apply for HB without breaching the Sponsorship Undertaking and/or jeopardizing my wife's subsequent application for the visa extension/permanent settlement?

I've read the similar threads on the forum but they didn't have a clear/up-to-date reply.

I'd appreciate your further input.

It might be also useful to add that we have one 6-month old child who was born in the UK and has British citizenship too.

Casa

Re: Sponsorship Form SU07 and Claiming Housing Benefits

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:00 pm

You can claim HB based on you and your child, but you wife can't be included in the calculation. i.e the claim will be for a single person + child.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.