ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Print of Self Assessment St and other Documents.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zzzindagi

Online Print of Self Assessment St and other Documents.

Post by zzzindagi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi Guys,

I tried calling HMRC various times but they kept me on hold for hours and did not take my call.
Yesterday, I logged into my HMRC account and was able to print all my previous returns, calculations and Self assessment statements. ( I have printed color copies)
Do you guys think that HO will accept these copies?

Many Thanks
ZR

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: Online Print of Self Assessment St and other Documents.

Post by fwd079 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:29 pm

Guidance for non-PAYE applicants states:
SELF-EMPLOYED APPLICANTS
If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require
• The most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account
So print-outs from your HMRC should be fine, Home Office can always double check from HMRC if they have questions. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:23 pm

fwd079 wrote:Guidance for non-PAYE applicants states:
SELF-EMPLOYED APPLICANTS
If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require
• The most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account
So print-outs from your HMRC should be fine, Home Office can always double check from HMRC if they have questions. Good luck.
Thanks You fwd079.. I have checked my documents and found original Statement of account sent by HMRC in June 2015. I had closed my SA in April 2014. As Home office want only most recent Statement of Account so I am thinking of not sending them. I am working with a same company since last 9.5 years and paying through PAYE. Do i think it is required to send SA documents when you dont work as SA anymore and that too since April 2014.? Also I will be writing my Employment's Tax Ref anyway. ??

Many Thanks
ZR

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:23 pm

I am not too sure actually, as your employment history had been checked during ILR period, I'd await further replies.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

tripping

Post by tripping » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:29 am

To err on the side of caution, I would submit the statement dated June 2015, even though you are no longer operating as a SA now. This is to hopefully avoid them asking you for further information, which could cause unncessary delay, given that nowadays the processing times are ridiculously long.

As for your printout copies, its a tricky one. The very fact they are not originals, could flag some questions from HO. Maybe I am being pedantic, but personally I would want my own application to be 100% smooth and question free, and no further delays. Its frustrating that HMRC has not been responsive, but I would keep trying if I were you which is annoying, thats just my personal opinion. Bear in mind there are currently changes within HMRC with lots of cost cutting and consolidating the entire operation into a smaller number of centres, so that could be a reason why its so hard to get hold of them.

Good luck.