ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 in country application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

entpbrao
Newly Registered

Tier 1 in country application

Post by entpbrao » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi,

Need some update.

I applied for tier 1 Entrepreneur visa on Aug 24, 2015.
Completed biometrics after 10 days. On October 14, got a let letter from HO that I will be interviewed. After this there is no update. Called up UKVI many times and standard answer is my application is not complete yet

Can some one tell me how much more time I need to wait and what us the current state and rationale behind delay.

Appreciate if someone throw light in this

Brao

Tier1newbie

Re: Tier 1 in country application

Post by Tier1newbie » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:22 am

Keep on chasing them up, but its the home office and they are rubbish at speeding things up.
entpbrao wrote:Hi,

Need some update.

I applied for tier 1 Entrepreneur visa on Aug 24, 2015.
Completed biometrics after 10 days. On October 14, got a let letter from HO that I will be interviewed. After this there is no update. Called up UKVI many times and standard answer is my application is not complete yet

Can some one tell me how much more time I need to wait and what us the current state and rationale behind delay.

Appreciate if someone throw light in this

Brao

kashif11

Post by kashif11 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:50 am

Hi,
I applied 4 june and had interview on 24 august and
sill waiting for decision....

bhaku

Post by bhaku » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:05 am

Hi,

Is it new application or tier 1 ent renewal? is it 50 k or 200k root?

please give more detail..

thanks,

Kind regards

Bhaku

entpbrao
Newly Registered

Post by entpbrao » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:46 pm

It's a new tier 1 entrepreneur application (initial application) and 50k route.

Sunnyzee007
Newly Registered

Post by Sunnyzee007 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:45 pm

Hi Entpbrao. I do have same prob with my application as well. I received letter on 13 oct 2015 for interview but they didnt send me date location and time yet . Still waiting anyway any further progress pls update me thx

entpbrao
Newly Registered

Post by entpbrao » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:04 pm

kashif11 wrote:Hi,
I applied 4 june and had interview on 24 august and
sill waiting for decision....
Which is your route 50/200 and what business? Also, how did your interview go? I heard interview is thru videocon in one of HO offices and case workers just record your statement and pass it on for quality check? These case workers will only try to fill in interview checklist?

I wonder how the decision maker will decide on our application, since he/she is not part of interview. It would be better if they adopt MAC recommendation to use industry experts to interview, I will happily attend that interview, it makes sense rather talking to case workers who don't understand even basics of the business.

kashif11

Post by kashif11 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:01 pm

My route is 50000 team. . Mu business is marketing and procurement services in dairy industry. My interview as 35 min and my team member's interview was 1 hour. Interview was ok. I agree with you with recommendations of MAC.

entpbrao
Newly Registered

Post by entpbrao » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:25 pm

Finally after 4 months wait, I had my interview today. It looked more like dictation taking as I had to very slowly answer questions so interviewer could type it. With all it took 57 minutes, else it could have been just 30 minutes or even less and very fast track questions. Most of the questions were on business plan and VC arrangement. I literally had to answer to entire business plan in detail to answer a simple income statement forecast on how I arrived at the forecast figure.

Overall it was a good interview and interviewer appeared to know most of my business and hence did not ask much questions.

Now, wait for decision. i heard with MAC recommendations applicants with VC route will not have much trouble, not sure. Can anyone comment on this?

quyen
Newly Registered

Post by quyen » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi entprao,
Hope you will get approval soon. I am still exploring in this route and have so many questions. Can I ask which business you are in? How long did it take for you to win a VC?

entpbrao
Newly Registered

Passport Return

Post by entpbrao » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:51 pm

My Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa application has been refused for the common reasons. I had applied in country, where in I am currently staying on a different visa valid till late 2017.

Since my T1E application is refused, I am still legally entitled to remain in UK on my valid work permit till late 2017 and a further 2 extensions.

I spoke to a solicitor and I was told that I will be getting back my passport. It also has couple of other country visa stamped on it. Can some one please let me know how much time does it take to get the passport back.

Visa refusal was received on 19th March.

Appreciate feedback on this.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Passport Return

Post by zimba » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:26 pm

Generally your documents should arrive 14 days after refusal if you do not apply for AR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

entpbrao
Newly Registered

Post by entpbrao » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:08 am

Thanks zimba88 for the update.

Yesterday was the 14th day from the date of refusal and still have not received. Do I need to ask HO to return the passport or will they send it after 14th day. How and where can I ask for return. I am not applying for any further reviews, I have already wasted my time, energy and application money on this.

Appreciate your feedback on this.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:29 am

entpbrao wrote:Thanks zimba88 for the update.

Yesterday was the 14th day from the date of refusal and still have not received. Do I need to ask HO to return the passport or will they send it after 14th day. How and where can I ask for return. I am not applying for any further reviews, I have already wasted my time, energy and application money on this.

Appreciate your feedback on this.
They will arrive (probably with a removal notice) after 14 days is over, depending on the post. You need to make sure that you leave the country voluntarily as soon as you get your passport because you will become an over-stayer after AR period is over.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

entpbrao
Newly Registered

Post by entpbrao » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Thanks. But why I have to leave country. I have a valid Tier 2 ICT visa till Sept 2017. I had applied for switch over in-country. My current visa is not expired.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:31 pm

entpbrao wrote:Thanks. But why I have to leave country. I have a valid Tier 2 ICT visa till Sept 2017. I had applied for switch over in-country. My current visa is not expired.
I did not pay attention that you have valid leave. So are you still employed by your Tier 2 sponsor ???

entpbrao
Newly Registered

Post by entpbrao » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Yes, I am still employed.

entpbrao
Newly Registered

T1E Refused - Leave UK notice - HAVE a Valid leave currently

Post by entpbrao » Sat May 07, 2016 3:06 pm

I had applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in country to switchover from my current T2 ICT visa. My T2 ICT visa is valid till Sept 2017.

My T1E visa application is refused after 7 months of applying with usual reasons on business nature and credibility. Delay in decision and the result put me off and just wanted to continue on my existing valid visa without AR.

Now I have received a letter to leave UK. I am wondering if this is possible? I have a valid leave, still I have got this letter, I consulted a solicitor who explained the process and along with this I spoke to half a dozen solicitors and every one said that this is stupidity that I should not get any leave UK notice given I have valid visa.

I am still employed on my ICT visa, have given all documents like latest salary slip, P60, bank statement, employment letter to solicitor.

Appreciate if some one could put some light on this issue, is this something expected to leave while I have another visa valid for atleast 15 more months.

vinny

Re: T1E Refused - Leave UK notice - HAVE a Valid leave curre

Post by vinny » Sat May 07, 2016 10:37 pm

If your leave was not curtailed and you haven't broken any conditions under 245GC(d) or 245GE(d), then the leave UK notice was in error. Ask them to rescind.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

entpbrao
Newly Registered

Post by entpbrao » Sun May 08, 2016 6:39 am

Thanks Vinny. Your response gave peace of mind, I was very disturbed last few days. My existing visa is not curtailed and I have not broken any of the clauses you mentioned. Had there been any issue on my current visa, my employer would have notified me immediately.

Leave UK notice has come in relation to T1E visa application, nothing is mentioned on current valid visa in any of the communications I received thus far.

Thanks again for your response!

sunny_sunny

Post by sunny_sunny » Tue May 10, 2016 12:26 pm

Home office more strict now due to unearthing of massive Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa fraud

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 10, 2016 1:03 pm

Did they accuse you of any deception or fraud in the refusal?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

entpbrao
Newly Registered

Post by entpbrao » Wed May 11, 2016 6:20 pm

No Vinny, I have not been accused. There are no words like deception, fake, fraud, illegal in my refusal letter.

entpbrao
Newly Registered

Post by entpbrao » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:06 pm

Finally, I received my passport and a correction letter from home office, all this happened for the robust letter my Solicitor wrote to HO followed by PAP. Without my solicitor, getting back passport and a correction letter would have been difficult/impossible. I am grateful to my solicitor.

I also thank all for the information provided during my visa application.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:50 am

Common sense prevails!