ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel outside UK while MN1 is under processing?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AmitG
Newly Registered

Travel outside UK while MN1 is under processing?

Post by AmitG » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:55 pm

Hello,
My son was born in the UK, and I've recently applied to register him as British after getting our ILR.

He has a valid Indian passport. My question is, if he travels to India while his MN1 is being processed, will he be allowed back into UK? Since I didn't put him on our ILR application he doesn't have a BRP. He does have a Tier-1 dependent visa stamp in his passport - but I'm not sure if that's still valid after the ILR. Will I need to apply for some sort of visa for him in India ?

thanks!
Amit

ali_asad_pk

Re: Travel outside UK while MN1 is under processing?

Post by ali_asad_pk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:43 am

provided that he has valid T1 dependent visa when he returns, he will be admitted and there will be no effect on/because of MN1 I have personal experience of it when I got ILR and my daughter was on T1G dependent visa valid for another few months and I went back home after submitting her MN1 so when I returned after few weeks, successful registration letter was waiting for me while my daughter remain back home for another few months and returned later in year without any problems and questions at immigration on airport

AmitG
Newly Registered

Post by AmitG » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:37 am

OK, thank you v much for your reply.

aspirantmigrant
Newly Registered

Post by aspirantmigrant » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:22 am

Hi Amit and Asad,

I'm in a similar situation.
My wife and daughter had Tier 2 dependent visa on their original non-UK passports.

In May 2014 me and the wife got our ILR.
Then early June, I submitted my daughter's MN1 application.
She has a valid (the term 'valid' is debatle!?) Tier 2 dependent visa and BRP card.

We are traveling in the next 3 weeks back home and still havent heard anything about the MN1/British Citizenship certificate for the kid. And i dont think we've got enough time to get the passport sorted.

So, the questions for you are:

- Do you think the current T2 Dependent/BRP is still valid for the child?
- From your personal experience, can i infer that if i travel outside the UK on the non-UK passport for my daughter, still having that Tier2 Dependent visa, while me and the wife travel on our ILRs, the child will be allowed back to the UK when she comes back (even if her MN1 still hasn't processed, or if it has, she doesnt have a British passport)?

Would be really grateful for your insight on the matter, as the trip outside of the UK can't be delayed due to family circumstances.

I can even provide my personal contact details if you think its worth discussing with me.

Thanks in advance!

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:16 am

I have personal experience of T1G while T2 is different (T1 is independent while T2 is employer dependent)

but if you have same sponsor/employer at the moment then it may carry some validity and hopefully by your return MN1 will be processed (depending upon when you applied as it might take approximately 6-8 weeks or around), someone can check post in your absence and if you got it then upon your arrival, if visa is not valid (let say they do not accept that brp/stay) then you can tell MN1 registration has been done and they might let you as it is all discretion (as per my limited knowledge) but let say if you go and MN1 registration is unsuccessful and on your return; they do not accept that brp (in case you have left that employer or any other reason) then you may be in trouble

Although I have some personal experience of my friend where they had some issue when they returned as baby was born in UK and mother was on work permit (4-5 years back) so after long discussion/arguments on UKBA desk, they provided 6 month temporary visa to baby and asked to get visa sorted soon

So, just carry baby's birth certificate and hope for best as visit can not be delayed and hopefully things will go well

Good Luck

aspirantmigrant
Newly Registered

Post by aspirantmigrant » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:52 am

Thanks for such a detailed response Asad.

I'll make sure that we keep the birth certificate with us.
I've got the same employer as i had when i was on T2, so i'll keep company letters with me as well.
The T2 Dep/BRP's written validity is until 2016, but i take your point that T1 and T2 are different in nature.

It's been exactly 12 weeks since we applied for MN1, hoping to get the certificate before we leave in 3 weeks time (looking at the processing times these days) but i don't think we'll be able to apply for the UK passport.

So, it's all on best endeavors and hope!

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated :)

raja1082k1

Post by raja1082k1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi

I am in similar situation.

My wife & I got ILR in April and have applied for naturalization certificate for my uk born daughter in May.
As we had to travel to India on previous occasions, I had to get Tier 1 G dependant visa for my daughter for her Indian passport.
Her visa is not expired since end of April.

So, my questions are:

1. If I have to travel to India with my daughter while her MN1 application is still under process, can she still be allowed to enter UK even though her dependant visa has expired, based on the letter we received from home office(that they have received her application and it is under process) and her DOB certificate from local council?

2. If not in the above case, what other options do I have to bring her back with me to UK, assuming we won't have access to her certificate(if it processed and sent to my UK address) or even not processed while I will be in India? Do I need to arrange temporary visa for her before leaving UK or I can get the same from British Embassy in India if I choose to apply once I am in India?

I would appreciate if the above can be answered appropriately and at the earliest.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:01 pm

raja1082k1 wrote:Hi

My wife & I got ILR in April and have applied for naturalization certificate for my uk born daughter in May.
As we had to travel to India on previous occasions, I had to get Tier 1 G dependant visa for my daughter for her Indian passport.

So, my questions are:

1. If I have to travel to India with my daughter while her MN1 application is still under process, can she still be allowed to enter UK even though her dependant visa has expired, based on the letter we received from home office(that they have received her application and it is under process) and her DOB certificate from local council?

2. If not in the above case, what other options do I have to bring her back with me to UK, assuming we won't have access to her certificate(if it processed and sent to my UK address) or even not processed while I will be in India? Do I need to arrange temporary visa for her before leaving UK or I can get the same from British Embassy in India if I choose to apply once I am in India?

I would appreciate if the above can be answered appropriately and at the earliest.

Thanks
You would probably be able to enter the UK. The issue is getting on a plane as the airline will refuse boarding without a valid visa.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

raja1082k1

Post by raja1082k1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:07 am

Jambo wrote:
raja1082k1 wrote:Hi

So, my questions are:

Thanks
You would probably be able to enter the UK. The issue is getting on a plane as the airline will refuse boarding without a valid visa.
Thanks Jambo.

Is there any other option I can use?

imtiyazm

Post by imtiyazm » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:46 am

Hi raja1082k1, Please can you let me know if you work out an option as I am in a similar situation.

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:01 am

Hi senior members!!

I need URGENT help and advice with evidence (if possible)

I have applied for my child's naturalization(MN1) after i got my ilr last month. I need to travel back home in the next month with my child.

My question is;

1. Can my child travel outside UK while his application (mn1) is in process?
2. Is his existing BRP valid while his application is in process?

NOTE: Child was born in the UK and has valid overseas passport and UK visa (tier-4 dependent) expiring in 2016.
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

nazabrar
Newly Registered

Post by nazabrar » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi All,
Please help.
I hold ILR and I have applied for my daughter (4 years old) for MN1 registration. My daughter's visa has expired and after I got ILR, i have applied for MN1 registration. I am expecting the certificate anytime however I need to travel urgently in December. I would like to know if my daughter can enter UK on Indian password with MN1 certificate. I have read somewhere that one can travel on grace period of 3 months but no evidence of that.

Please let me know if there will be any issues for my daughter to enter UK with Indian password and MN1 certificate.Will be applying for British passport after we return to UK.

Kindly advise. Badly need suggestions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:54 pm

nazabrar wrote:Hi All,
Please help.
I hold ILR and I have applied for my daughter (4 years old) for MN1 registration. My daughter's visa has expired and after I got ILR, i have applied for MN1 registration. I am expecting the certificate anytime however I need to travel urgently in December. I would like to know if my daughter can enter UK on Indian password with MN1 certificate. I have read somewhere that one can travel on grace period of 3 months but no evidence of that.

Please let me know if there will be any issues for my daughter to enter UK with Indian password and MN1 certificate.Will be applying for British passport after we return to UK.

Kindly advise. Badly need suggestions.
The 3 month grace period you are referring to is related to the Indian passport and surrendering it after obtaining British Citizenship.

A Certificate of Registration as a British citizen is not a travel document. She will need a visa, CoE, RoA in her Inidan Passport or a British Passport.

If you receive her certificate soon, you can apply for her British Passport using the fast track service. Or if you are going to be in Indian for a while, apply for the CoE (certificate of entitlement) or RoA (right of abode) and then apply for the passport when you are back in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kat1186
Newly Registered

Post by kat1186 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi, could you please share your experience regarding re entry to UK while MN1 is still being processed.

Your time and reply is very much appreciated.

Thank you

Zaidii

Post by Zaidii » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi, I have the same situation. I hold ILR and planning to travel in January with my 2 daughters. There MN1 applications are under process.
My daughters hold US passports with no valid visa. Do you guys think will they be allowed entry in UK? Since you get entry/visit visa on arrival for US citizen.
Many thanks

nitinka
Newly Registered

Post by nitinka » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:36 pm

I was wondering if some one can help with my query

My wife and I recently got our ILR ( 5 Year Tier 1 General Route). Our 2 year old son is UK born and hence directly eligible for British Passport. We have started this process via the MN1 route. His Tier 1 dependent visa ends in a week's time so, if he leaves the UK, he will not be able to come back.

My wife and son have to go to India around end of March. It is unlikely this will happen before he gets his British passport.

At what stage of the MN1 process, are they not required to be personally in the UK? Is it after the Biometrics details are submitted? or after the registration certificate is received. I believe they dont need to be around after the biometrics but I understand the time between biometrics and the registation certificate can be long.
Hence my plan was to have them travel after the registration certificate is received.

Since I will be in the UK, I can get the British passport organised for my son and couriered to India. Is this possible?

rukmesh

Post by rukmesh » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:52 pm

I think it is illegal to send the passport by courier. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but this is what my understanding is.
Your family could travel to India after submitting biometric details and once you receive the certificate, you could apply for your child's passport and once you receive it to your UK address, you will either have to personally take it to India or send it through some friend. I am almost sure that it is illegal to send passport through courier.

nitinka
Newly Registered

Post by nitinka » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:20 pm

HI Rukmesh,

Thanks for bringing that to my notice. It does seem like it is a challenge sending the passport via courier. Just another question when is the Biometric card and passport that is submitted along with the MN1 form returned. Does this happen after the certificate is received? Or after the biometrics details are submitted. I am asking since I have had to submit my wife's documents, as I have had to travel a bit.

rukmesh wrote:I think it is illegal to send the passport by courier. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but this is what my understanding is.
Your family could travel to India after submitting biometric details and once you receive the certificate, you could apply for your child's passport and once you receive it to your UK address, you will either have to personally take it to India or send it through some friend. I am almost sure that it is illegal to send passport through courier.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:40 pm

nitinka wrote:HI Rukmesh,

Thanks for bringing that to my notice. It does seem like it is a challenge sending the passport via courier. Just another question when is the Biometric card and passport that is submitted along with the MN1 form returned. Does this happen after the certificate is received? Or after the biometrics details are submitted. I am asking since I have had to submit my wife's documents, as I have had to travel a bit.
Why don't you apply using the NCS at the council then you get to keep all your originals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nitinka
Newly Registered

Post by nitinka » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:53 pm

HI CR001,

Thanks for your reply.
I wasn't aware that NCS meant you could keep the documents. The MN1 process is already underway and the Biometric documents and my wife s passport are already sent over.

CR001 wrote:
nitinka wrote:HI Rukmesh,

Why don't you apply using the NCS at the council then you get to keep all your originals.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:31 pm

nitinka wrote:HI CR001,

Thanks for your reply.
I wasn't aware that NCS meant you could keep the documents. The MN1 process is already underway and the Biometric documents and my wife s passport are already sent over.
CR001 wrote:
You will probably only receive the documents back shortly before the registration certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

INFOSRI
Newly Registered

Post by INFOSRI » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:41 am

Hi All,
This is correct section i believe, i got similar sort of problem, that we need to travel india, but since my daughter born in uk and her visa tier1 dependant got expired last year. Hence we applied MN1 registration during 2nd Feb, so far no response after submission of BRP details. We just awaited for some response and also need some information from you guys, if all goes well what we should be doing immediately and also any quickest way to travel india and return back to uk by mid of may.

Thanks everyone,
Sri