ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mooniemoo
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by mooniemoo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:16 pm

Hiya , I came to Uk in December 2008 on a student visa , I switched to spouse visa and I am currently on it which is due to expire next year in may , me and my wife are about to go through divorce proceedings soon , we are not on bad terms , I have never stayed illegally , I hold a good job, initially I was granted the 2 and a half year spouse visa on the 10 year route based on article 8 family life , I currently am in a relationship with another girl who has a baby from a previous relationship and sometime later we are looking to get married after I get my divorce , I have 2 and a half years left till 10 year long residency for ILR , my query is can I apply for discretionary leave to remain based on private life as my parents back home in Pakistan even the last time have no connection to me as my soon to be ex wife was Christian and I don't really have a life back home

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:30 am

mooniemoo wrote:Hiya , I came to Uk in December 2008 on a student visa , I switched to spouse visa and I am currently on it which is due to expire next year in may , me and my wife are about to go through divorce proceedings soon , we are not on bad terms , I have never stayed illegally , I hold a good job, initially I was granted the 2 and a half year spouse visa on the 10 year route based on article 8 family life , I currently am in a relationship with another girl who has a baby from a previous relationship and sometime later we are looking to get married after I get my divorce , I have 2 and a half years left till 10 year long residency for ILR , my query is can I apply for discretionary leave to remain based on private life as my parents back home in Pakistan even the last time have no connection to me as my soon to be ex wife was Christian and I don't really have a life back home
Hi

I apply for discretionary leave to remain based on private life as my parents back home in Pakistan even the last time have no connection to me as my soon to be ex wife was Christian and I don't really have a life back home

if your basis r red texts above than i advise u to think again before applying . Clear refusal
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

mooniemoo
Newly Registered

Post by mooniemoo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:36 am

My basis is not just the fact that you highlighted, I have a steady job , a social life here and another partner that I look to get married too in future and I only have 2 and a half years left until ilr , what would you suggest I do , some help would be much appreciated , I understand about refusal with an appeal right , how does it all work

Blaxe
Newly Registered

Post by Blaxe » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:08 am

[quote="Zee ali"]
PlsI need your advice on my case. I received 30 months flr fp visa last year and got married this year but I haven't work since then.My wife works and earn more than threshold home office demand. My concern is 1- Will me not working affect my renewal ?
2 - Can I cross from my 10yrs route to 5 yrs route since I ve got married and qualify for the threshold. Thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:50 am

mooniemoo wrote:My basis is not just the fact that you highlighted, I have a steady job , a social life here and another partner that I look to get married too in future and I only have 2 and a half years left until ilr , what would you suggest I do , some help would be much appreciated , I understand about refusal with an appeal right , how does it all work
Currently u have no basis to get any kind of discretionary leave. u need 2.5 years. which is i believe a long time u can't cross this bridge if u r relying on appeal.

Even now u will only get appeal right if HO unable to certify your claim. The grounds which u mentioned i don't think u will get an appeal right either.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:54 am

Blaxe wrote:
Zee ali wrote: PlsI need your advice on my case. I received 30 months flr fp visa last year and got married this year but I haven't work since then.My wife works and earn more than threshold home office demand. My concern is 1- Will me not working affect my renewal ?
2 - Can I cross from my 10yrs route to 5 yrs route since I ve got married and qualify for the threshold. Thanks
1.No effect but dont claim benefits as u r not entitled too.
2. yes u need to fill flr m form 18600 financial requirement and A1 english test.

Blaxe
Newly Registered

Post by Blaxe » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:56 am

ok thanks

AnshaT
Newly Registered

Post by AnshaT » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi all
I just needed some clarification
I had applied for flr fp on the basis of my husband having ilr, which was refused with the right of appeal.
Now it's been over 2 months I have been waiting for appeal date.
Just want to know if I can apply again after withdrawing my appeal before the hearing date is recieved?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:46 pm

AnshaT wrote:Hi all
I had applied for flr fp on the basis of my husband having ilr, which was refused with the right of appeal.
Just want to know if I can apply again after withdrawing my appeal before the hearing date is recieved?
Why u want to apply again? Is their any change in your circumstances since u were refused?

AnshaT
Newly Registered

Post by AnshaT » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:28 am

Zee ali wrote:
Why u want to apply again? Is their any change in your circumstances since u were refused?
They refused on the basis that my husband didn't had ilr at that time..he had received it just a week after refusal.

arshman
Newly Registered

Post by arshman » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:47 am

Hi every one

I have searched googled every where but couldn't be able to find any thing. My husband went for premium service appointment in Sheffield on 2nd December he applied flr fp
Problem is his Indian passport was expired.
Case worker asked to update the passport and when we went to Indian high commission they are asking for the original passport. Case worker gave us time till 12 Dec . I have emailed case worker to send the passport didn't get any reply. I have read some where that it is not home office policy to give passport back.
Any suggestions what to do please
Will home office give the passport back or is there any other way to get the visa

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:11 pm

AnshaT wrote:
Zee ali wrote:
They refused on the basis that my husband didn't had ilr at that time..he had received it just a week after refusal.
Tell us bit more about your circumstances. Do u have kids? When did u arrive in this country? and under which visa? How long u have been living with your husband?

If your husband has ILR HO can refuse u again as they will say both of u can live outside UK in your home country.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:26 pm

arshman wrote:Hi every one

I have searched googled every where but couldn't be able to find any thing. My husband went for premium service appointment in Sheffield on 2nd December he applied flr fp
Case worker asked to update the passport and when we went to Indian high commission they are asking for the original passport. Case worker gave us time till 12 Dec . I have emailed case worker to send the passport didn't get any reply. I have read some where that it is not home office policy to give passport back.
Will home office give the passport back or is there any other way to get the visa
Who advised u to go to PEO with expired passport? What u read is correct they wont give u back the passport but u can ask for certified copy but than its up to indian high commission to accept it or not?

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:39 pm

Zee ali wrote:

Who advised u to go to PEO with expired passport? What u read is correct they wont give u back the passport but u can ask for certified copy but than its up to indian high commission to accept it or not?
Hi arshman

I have been in a same with an expired passport. Home office won't send the original passport back and Indian embassy won't renew it until you present the existing one.

HO requested for updates passport from me in June and I said j can't provide unless HO send me the existing one.

Since then I'm waiting for the passport or the decision but nothing is happening.

Hope you find a solution! If you do let me know as well..! ☺️

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:43 pm

joelondon wrote:
priscaltony wrote:Hello forum

The visa trubulent journey is nearly over. We have just received a letter from HO that they have granted everyone of us 30 months. However, we need to complete an application for biometric, but all documents have been returned.

This journey started since July 2012, and I want to wish everyone waiting all the best. Please don't lose hope, percifier and triumph in the end.
:)

Congratulation and all the best ... Wish me good luck and remember me in your prayer .. Well done
Thank you joelondon - you already have my good luch, and I pray for your application to be successful. Just be hopeful and trust your believe.

I am sorry I am just responding, I had meant to but ..... let just say an oversight .

arshman
Newly Registered

Post by arshman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:00 am

AliG123 wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

Hi arshman

I have been in a same with an expired passport. Home office won't send the original passport back and Indian embassy won't renew it until you present the existing one.

HO requested for updates passport from me in June and I said j can't provide unless HO send me the existing one.

Since then I'm waiting for the passport or the decision but nothing is happening.

Hope you find a solution! If you do let me know as well..! ☺️

Hi AliG

I was thinking same things home office will not give passport back and Indian embassy will not issue the passport
You know both things are wrong.

I went to Indian embassy Holborn with my husband spoke to the officer on counter showed him home office letter and requested him to issue passport before 12 ( time given from home office ) he accepted application and we paid fees and we can collect our passport on 11 Dec

Now regarding home office when we went for appointment in psc Sheffield I requested case worker to give her personal email and she wrote this on letter. I have emailed and requested to send my husband passport via special delivery and she emailed me yesterday that she has sent passport via special delivery which I think I will receive today. But I already processed the application for passport.

if you are from pakistan go to the embassy and speak to higher rank officer don't take info from counters.

If u r from India go to Holborn expired passports counter

I have paid to the solicitor and he went with us on appointment but he hasn't got any solution.and even wasn't be able to speak and communicate with the case worker

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:35 am

Hi arshman

Firstly congratulations on your passport application as I have tried everything then in June and I also went to Indian embassies in Hounslow and Paddington, both of them said they can't accept it but the good news is if they have accepted yours then I might have chances as well, so I might just go and try next week again.

Also Good luck for your application. Hope you have a good news soon with your application as well and thank you for your reply.

cookies

FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by cookies » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:50 pm

Hi,

I'm back for my extension. in 2013 I received my flr(o) for 30 months granted and last month I was due to renew my stay. My timeline is in my signature.

One question I have is, if my circumstances have not changed other than me and my partner getting married back in 2013, is there any way an extension can be refused?

I am worried as I received an unusual acknowledgement letter this time round saying the following:

"Your application raises issues relating to the European Convention
On Human Rights, which are complex in nature. As it falls outside our
Normal service standards for deciding leave to remain applications. Please
Be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible"

If you review/click on my previous posts from 2013 you can read about my story.

Thanks in advance!
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

arshman
Newly Registered

Post by arshman » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:47 am

AliG123 wrote:Hi arshman

Firstly congratulations on your passport application as I have tried everything then in June and I also went to Indian embassies in Hounslow and Paddington, both of them said they can't accept it but the good news is if they have accepted yours then I might have chances as well, so I might just go and try next week again.

Also Good luck for your application. Hope you have a good news soon with your application as well and thank you for your reply.
Go to Holborn lost/damaged / stolen and expired passport section they will issue SVP short validity passport.
£150 fees. 9:30 to 1:00 pm
Also there is open house on Wednesday in Holborn from 11:00 to 12:00.
You can talk and explain your problems to the officers they will definitely help you out .

arshman
Newly Registered

Post by arshman » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:53 am

Hounslow and Paddington are vfs centre bro stay far away from them main Indian embassy located in Holborn go there. I am hopping you will definitely come up with good news.

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:03 am

arshman wrote:

Go to Holborn lost/damaged / stolen and expired passport section they will issue SVP short validity passport.
£150 fees. 9:30 to 1:00 pm
Also there is open house on Wednesday in Holborn from 11:00 to 12:00.
You can talk and explain your problems to the officers they will definitely help you out .
Hi arshman

Thank-you so much for your help and information really appreciate it.

I will definitely go either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Kind Regards

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:40 pm

Hello members,
I hope all is well with you all in Grace!
Kindly clarify this for me.
Is there any new legislation that says you can apply for an indefinite leave to remain when you have completed
5 years out of the 6 years(3years x 2) of limited leave to remain??
I was granted limited leave to remain in July 2009, renewed after the intial 3 years in July 2012. I am due for my ILR in
July 2016. My question is, can i apply now after i have completed 5 years in July this year out of the 6 years(3years x 2)
Thank you so much
God bless!
Persistence overcomes resistance!
pt

Rubablu

Post by Rubablu » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:27 am

Hi Everyone
I like update my application status-
Applied for FLR(FP) - 25/07/2014
Acknowledgement dated - 30/07/2014
Biometric letter dated - 08/08/2014(received 20/08/2014)
Biometric done - 20/08/2014
Decision made - Refused on 30/09/2014 (received on 2/10/2014)
Appeal hearing on FTT 19/01/2015
Appeal allowed dated on 6th Feb 2015
Home Office lodged appeal at UT
Appeal Hearing at UT 5th June 2015
Appeal dismissed on 11 June 2015
We applied for Permission of Appeal to COA(Court of Appeal) 23 June 2015
Appeal Permission refused 29 July 2015
Applied permission of appeal directly to COA on 26th Aug 2015
Got refusal permission of Appeal from COA on 26th Nov 2015
Applied to renew the application on 3rd of Dec 2015

Please let me know if any one have the same situation. Is anyone knows how long it can take to get a hearing date ?

torikelly91
BANNED

Post by torikelly91 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:31 am

Why were refused if you don't mind me asking?

Grecia01
Newly Registered

Post by Grecia01 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:09 pm

How long does flr fp applications take ? It seems to be much more than the 8 weeks stated on HO website