ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Asad1232009

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Asad1232009 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:43 pm

Salaam All.

What does the applicant take to the biometric appointment?
Do they have to hand sign the application form?
Do they stamp anything at VAC?

Asad1232009

Post by Asad1232009 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:56 pm

Has anyone tried the priority settlement service which is on the vfs site?
61000 rupees or 360 gb for priority

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:58 pm

fielddrive wrote:My wife got a call today and she went straight away to pick up her passport. Lo and behold the visa application was approved... she has a month in January to enter the UK. This is after I was interviewed on phone and my wife refused once last year.

Online application: 20th Aug
Biometrics: 11th Sep
Docs sent: 21st Sep
Email: 22nd Sep
Phone interview: 25th Nov
Email+Call+Collection: 7th Dec

Wish everyone the best, we used a solicitor this time after being refused previously.
Congrats on your good news, did you start a fresh application after refusal?

My husband went to pick up refusal letter this morning, was refused for petty reasons.

best of luck to everyone in process of their application, it is a very emotional process.

rajam

Post by rajam » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:12 pm

Saira143 wrote:
fielddrive wrote:My wife got a call today and she went straight away to pick up her passport. Lo and behold the visa application was approved... she has a month in January to enter the UK. This is after I was interviewed on phone and my wife refused once last year.

Online application: 20th Aug
Biometrics: 11th Sep
Docs sent: 21st Sep
Email: 22nd Sep
Phone interview: 25th Nov
Email+Call+Collection: 7th Dec

Wish everyone the best, we used a solicitor this time after being refused previously.
Congrats on your good news, did you start a fresh application after refusal?

My husband went to pick up refusal letter this morning, was refused for petty reasons.

best of luck to everyone in process of their application, it is a very emotional process.
What were the reasons of refusal?
Applied : 5th august 2015
Refused: 7th december 2015
Appealed: 28 december 2015
Deadline: 12 may 2016
Overturned: 2nd august
Passport submitted: 11th august
Still waiting...

machodan
Newly Registered

Post by machodan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:29 pm

Asad1232009 wrote:Has anyone tried the priority settlement service which is on the vfs site?
Hi. I applied on 5th nov. Biometrics on 9th nov and pair for priority at VAC lahore. Got my visa on 24th nov. if u havent been refused previously, I would suggest to use priority.

Mrs Shah
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs Shah » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:29 pm

Please a quick question. Are we supposed to submit this SU07/12 sponsor undertaking form as well with the fiance application? Or if we do by whom we need it to be signed?

Newuser662
Newly Registered

Post by Newuser662 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:36 pm

Online Application: 05/11/2015
Docs Sent: 09/11/2015
Biometrics: 12/11/2015
Spouse (in Pakistan) received confirmation text: 12/11/2015
I (sponsor in the UK) received email for application being received in Sheffield: 13/11/2015

Alhamdulillah...
Waiting begins...

May Allah grant all your spouses visas and may you all be reunited soon, ameen

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:59 pm

Salam everyone commenting on behalf of my uncle.

We applied online 15/09/15
Biometrics 17/09/15 mirpur
confirmation of documents received in November
Last update: application in progress

have any September applicants heard yet ? This is my uncles 3rd application so we all very nervous!
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:08 pm

Mrs Shah wrote:Please a quick question. Are we supposed to submit this SU07/12 sponsor undertaking form as well with the fiance application? Or if we do by whom we need it to be signed?
There is no harm in submitting it as it iust states you will not use public funds . So it would be good to submit, if u wish .

And you sign it yourself if u r the sponsor
Applied online 15/9/15

Asad1232009

Post by Asad1232009 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:13 pm

Salaam can someone please let me know if the Vac stamp the application form? If you use priority service im sure they print the application form and confirmination letter.

My wife doesnt know how to use a printer or anyone in her family so abit worried.

Doesnt the applicant have to sign the application at the end by hand? What does one take to the biometrics appointment?

Asad1232009

Post by Asad1232009 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:13 pm

Salaam can someone please let me know if the Vac stamp the application form? If you use priority service im sure they print the application form and confirmination letter.

My wife doesnt know how to use a printer or anyone in her family so abit worried.

Doesnt the applicant have to sign the application at the end by hand? What does one take to the biometrics appointment?

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Asad1232009 wrote:Salaam can someone please let me know if the Vac stamp the application form? If you use priority service im sure they print the application form and confirmination letter.

no am sure u have to print out the application form yourself and get it printed out .
The applicant must sign one of the forms I can't remember what one it is now ... most people get them signed and send them back to the sponsor to submit .. but tbh I have seen people just sign on behalf of their spouse (do their spouses signature) although I wouldn't recommend that .

my Aunty took her passport, her vaf4a form and confirmation of fees form.
Applied online 15/9/15

afreeno
Newly Registered

Post by afreeno » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:54 pm

hi everybody can anyone tell me currently if it takes 90 days to process in Islamabad or longer? I checked the visa processing times on the website but they are from September. can people who have been rejected or granted a visa this month or last month tell me how long it took for a decision to be made for them? ive been married since 2013 and husband still not here!!! :cry: :cry:
Last edited by afreeno on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:03 pm

afreeno wrote:hi everybody can anyone tell me currently if it takes 90 days to process or longer? I checked the visa processing times on the website but they are from September. can people who have been rejected or granted a visa this month or last month tell me how long it took for a decision to be made for them? ive been married since 2013 and husband still not here!!! :cry: :cry:

Majority if people are hearing witin 12-16 weeks that's jusg generally .. if ur case is very straightforward then can be quicker
Applied online 15/9/15

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:27 pm

machodan wrote:
Asad1232009 wrote:Has anyone tried the priority settlement service which is on the vfs site?
Hi. I applied on 5th nov. Biometrics on 9th nov and pair for priority at VAC lahore. Got my visa on 24th nov. if u havent been refused previously, I would suggest to use priority.
Where exactly is this option?? Is this during your application process online, or something you do after? I have heard a few people mention it and assumed it was the VIP service in Gerrys (which is actually pointless), but can't find this one anywhere.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

Asad1232009

Post by Asad1232009 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Can someone please confirm what the applicant needs to take to Vac
Does the applicant hand sign the application or electronically?
At the vac do they stamp anything?
I want to know so if my wife doesnt need anything stamped she can scan her application form and send it via email

Mrs Shah
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs Shah » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:51 pm

HELLO786 wrote:
Mrs Shah wrote:Please a quick question. Are we supposed to submit this SU07/12 sponsor undertaking form as well with the fiance application? Or if we do by whom we need it to be signed?
There is no harm in submitting it as it iust states you will not use public funds . So it would be good to submit, if u wish .

Yes I know sponsor will sign it. But there is a page which states that it is for office use. What do you mean by that who will sign that column

machodan
Newly Registered

Post by machodan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:03 pm

shakoorh wrote:
machodan wrote:
Where exactly is this option?? Is this during your application process online, or something you do after? I have heard a few people mention it and assumed it was the VIP service in Gerrys (which is actually pointless), but can't find this one anywhere.
You are confusing priority service with premium service. Premium service is the one with the VIP lounge and stuff. Priority service is worth PKR 61,200 which you pay at the counter in Visa application center. It was not available for settlement visas in Pakistan till August 2015, so a lot of people are unfamiliar with it. If you are applying for the first time and you believe that your application is straightforward, then you should pay the extra money for a quicker response. And they do respond within 15 working days, if and only if your application is straightforward. It is not available online yet at VFS's online portal, so you will have to pay cash at their counter in VAC.

machodan
Newly Registered

Post by machodan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Mrs Shah wrote:
HELLO786 wrote:

Yes I know sponsor will sign it. But there is a page which states that it is for office use. What do you mean by that who will sign that column
Thats for official use. Dont write anything there. Just have your sponsor sign the declaration before the office part.

machodan
Newly Registered

Post by machodan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:10 pm

Asad1232009 wrote:Can someone please confirm what the applicant needs to take to Vac
Does the applicant hand sign the application or electronically?
At the vac do they stamp anything?
I want to know so if my wife doesnt need anything stamped she can scan her application form and send it via email
She will have to hand-sign the printed online application. The online application in printed form is required at VAC as its barcode will be scanned by the staff in order to complete the application process. Plus Biometric Appointment confirmation, Passport and Passport size photographs.

fizaa
Newly Registered

Post by fizaa » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:12 pm

Any sep appellant got any update?????

Ramaye
Newly Registered

Post by Ramaye » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:39 pm

fizaa wrote:Any sep appellant got any update?????

Hi,

mine is September. and i'm still waiting.

Many Thanks :)

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:41 pm

Ramaye wrote:

Hi,

when was ur bio ?
Applied online 15/9/15

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:43 pm

HELLO786 wrote:

You cant use this form as it s for elderly dependent relatives only

Ramaye
Newly Registered

Post by Ramaye » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:45 pm

HELLO786 wrote:
Ramaye wrote:

Hi,

when was ur bio ?
Hi,

mine was after yours.

Applied online 22/9/15
Bio-metric lahore 29/9/15

Thanks.