ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there an Interview for ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rckybhardwaj

Is there an Interview for ILR?

Post by rckybhardwaj » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:15 am

Dear forum members,
I am here on an HSMP and was curious to know how does the HO give ILR.
Do they interview each candidate or we just post the forms and ILR gets stamped on our passports automatically.
If any one has got an ILR, could you please let me know what are the doc's and what questions do they ask for ILR.

Thanks and Regards

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:34 pm

You can apply for ILR both in person and by post. In person costs £100 more than postals (£150). Look at the sticky topics there are more details on the requirements

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:17 pm

rckybhardwaj wrote:Do they interview each candidate or we just post the forms and ILR gets stamped on our passports automatically.
The Home Office under the Immigration Acts, Regulations and Operational Policy have the power to interview any applicant in deciding any immigration application - this however is usually exempted unless not a straightforward case (i.e. asylum, overstayer, illegal entry, recourse to public funds etc).