ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help, Wife FLR(FP) visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ali1975

Please help, Wife FLR(FP) visa

Post by Ali1975 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:16 pm

Dear seniors, gurus and moderators, the help and support of this forum for immigrants is second to none and I am very thankful to all of you in advance.

I need to apply for my wife's family visa inside UK as Private Family life 10 year route. She came here in UK in April 2008 and currently on Tier 1 general visa and I want to switch her visa from Tier 1 general to family visa. I am a British national and we have 2 British National children.

I want to know do I have to meet Adequate maintenance requirement under Private route ?

As I am claiming housing, child tax credits and working tax credit benefits, do these benefits have any impact on visa?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please help, Wife FLR(FP) visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:28 pm

Why doesn't she stay on Tier 1 General? How long has she been on Tier 1 General and when does her current visa expire?

If she really wants to switch, why not FLR(M)? Does she work?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi CR001, her visa is going to expire in Feb 2016 and she is going to complete 5 years on Tier 1 general visa but she cant score enough points under this visa and she does have a full time job but she is on career break since more than one year and not able to meet financial requirement.

We are living together and have 2 kids, is this possible she can apply under FLR(FP) visa?
Thanks
CR001 wrote:Why doesn't she stay on Tier 1 General? How long has she been on Tier 1 General and when does her current visa expire?

If she really wants to switch, why not FLR(M)? Does she work?

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:24 am

Guys, please share some thoughts , thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:25 pm

The quickest answer to that question will be, yes she can, giving the circumstances of your case.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors