ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

am I eligible for the family of a settled person visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

caltash
Newly Registered

am I eligible for the family of a settled person visa

Post by caltash » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:15 am

HI

I just wanted to ask if i am eligible for the family of a settled person visa in the UK.

My family are British citizens ( Father, mother and 3 brothers). I am in England on a family visitor visa and would like to switch to the family of a settled person to stay here for another year, Am i eligible or is there another route i can take to extend my stay.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: "family of a settled person" visa or "family visitor" vi

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:14 pm

caltash wrote:HI

I just wanted to ask if i am eligible for the family of a settled person visa in the UK.

My family are British citizens ( Father, mother and 3 brothers). I am in England on a family visitor visa and would like to switch to the family of a settled person to stay here for another year, Am i eligible or is there another route i can take to extend my stay.
On the face of it no. Are you over 18 and/or dependant?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

caltash
Newly Registered

Re: am I eligible for the family of a settled person visa

Post by caltash » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:03 pm

I am 23 and still dependant on my parents

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: am I eligible for the family of a settled person visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:40 pm

You are considered an adult, so no family visa available and you will need to find a visa you qualify for, i.e. Tier 4 Student visa perhaps. What is your nationality as depending on this, there might other options.

Besides which, you cannot switch to any other category within the UK if you are on a visitor visa. Any application has to be made from your home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.