ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born UK with BRP - Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sandrofoz
Newly Registered

Child born UK with BRP - Question

Post by sandrofoz » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi all,
We received our ILR last month and we are now applying for British Citizenship to our children born in the UK.
My son who was born in the UK but because we needed to travel we applied for a Tier 2 dependent visa for him.
I am filling the MN1 form for his application would like some help as I couldnt find answer in the other posts.

Do I need to fill the 1.2 and 1.3 questions?
If yes, would his BRP suffice for 1.2?
What should I write for 1.3? Date he received his BRP?

Should I fill in section 6 and send his BRP with the application?
The reason I am asking is because he still has more than a year left in his current visa.

Thank you very much,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born UK with BRP - Question

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:29 pm

Leave blank 1.2 and 1.3 blank, he does not have ILR (based on your post).

Complete section 6.

Apply using NCS, you then get to keep all the original documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:48 am

Congratulations on getting ILR for yourself and your family.

As you are the only person that I know of on these forums who applied for ILR on the basis of Tier 2-Minister of Religion, I request you to update your original query thread with information about what documentation you used and how you filled the application, for future applicants of a similar visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

sandrofoz
Newly Registered

Post by sandrofoz » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:59 pm

secret.simon wrote:Congratulations on getting ILR for yourself and your family.

As you are the only person that I know of on these forums who applied for ILR on the basis of Tier 2-Minister of Religion, I request you to update your original query thread with information about what documentation you used and how you filled the application, for future applicants of a similar visa.
Just did it. I am sorry it took me a while.