ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 -> ILR Language Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eng1n33r
Newly Registered

Tier 1 -> ILR Language Requirement

Post by Eng1n33r » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi all,

I will apply for ILR soon using 5-year on T1 General. The original English exam that I used for T1 general is no longer on the accepted list (I passed a C2 level). Our immigration lawyer says I need to re-pass an approved exam. Can anyone verify that information? Do I need to pass now a B1/C1 level exam again?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 -> ILR Language Requirement

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:52 pm

See FAQs English Language Requirement for ILR (click). Lot of detail and links to the approved/accepted English tests.

Which English test did you do (full details of awarding body, IELTS/Esol etc)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Eng1n33r
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 -> ILR Language Requirement

Post by Eng1n33r » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:11 pm

I passed London College of Excellence English exam, and obtained C2 level. It used to be on UKBA approved list, not anymore. I read the information on the link, what I understand is I need to pass it. It is stupid that when I already proved C2 level before, now I need to prove B1 level. Doesn't make sense.