ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO clarifications on the day

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jegg
BANNED

PEO clarifications on the day

Post by jegg » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:32 pm

Are some PEO centres more likely to ask for clarifications on the day? E.g. the smaller ones rather than the bigger ones? Or are they all the same?

I saw a number of posts where people have been asked for more information by the caseworker on the day (to ask more infromation on salary, tax documents, english certificates, etc). Other times they just get a letter to send more information. Just trying to understand if the procedure varies by office.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PEO clarifications on the day

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:38 pm

It depends vastly on the type of application being submitted and if ILR, what the previous visa status was.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jegg
BANNED

Post by jegg » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Thanks - just to clarify - it depends on the application (actually interested setlr), with no differences between centres?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Decisions or to 'hold and application' depends on the person previous status (spouse, Ancestry, Tier 1, Tier 2, etc) in the UK and the documents submitted for ILR. All in person centres follow the same rules.

It is the applicants responsibility to ensure they meet ALL the requirements for the relevant route through which they are applying for ILR and to provide ALL the documents in support of their application.

Given that HO is clamping down hard on certain things (tax, discrepancies in income declared HO vs HMRC), it would be wise to be very well prepared.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jegg
BANNED

Post by jegg » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Thanks for the reply
CR001 wrote: All in person centres follow the same rules.
Yes of course.

my question was more a question of practical procedure. Like if a busier centre was far more likely to say 'post in extra docs to clarify' or 'attend an interview later' rather than just calling you to the counter to see if you have the docs on hand. (Worst case thinking of course.)

asking as there does seem to be differences from various threads in how the centres operate - Solihull tells you to come back later, where as Croydon you wait inside? stuff like that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:57 pm

Croydon also tell you to 'come back later' but you have a choice to sit and wait inside if you wish. Both times I used Croydon, we waited a bit, then went outside for lunch and came back in and waited. Never asked for additional documents, it is not an interview process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jegg
BANNED

Post by jegg » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:00 pm

thanks!