ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependant to student visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

p_sreenath123
Newly Registered

dependant to student visa

Post by p_sreenath123 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:24 pm

Hi!
My wife wants to study as full-time January 2005 course in one of the scottish university.Currently she is on dependant student Visa. My Course will complete on feb 2005 and my student visa will expiry in month of april. Are we going back to home country to re-apply and converting her from dependant to student visa and visvera ?
thank for your valuable time
thanks
from
sree

nyrnu
Newly Registered

Post by nyrnu » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 pm

Suggest your wife apply her student visa. So when your visa is due, you can transfer to dependent visa on the basis of her student visa. Also you can do so in your home country(should be cheaper on application fee) or in the UK (now cost 155 pounds by post or 250 pounds in person; it may cost much more from next April).

p_sreenath123
Newly Registered

Post by p_sreenath123 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:47 pm

thank u .
I hope it will be cheaper than going back to india .

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:00 pm

Visa nationals which includes Indian Citizens are not eligible to switch to student visa status in country so an application in the circumstances described would be on a concessionary basis outside the rules. Given the concerns (and political heat) arising from abuse of the immigration system in the student category (and stated government policy on restricting the ability of caseworkers for discretionary approval) I expect such discretion to be granted only under the most extenuating of circumstances e.g your Home Country has no British Embassy. You need to take a decision on whether to risk an in country application and a possible refusal with no leave to appeal or take a trip to India to apply for the relevant entry clearances - wife as primary student visa holder and husband as dependent spouse.

p_sreenath123
Newly Registered

Post by p_sreenath123 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:45 am

thank u , for valuable information