ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport renewal - queries

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shah05

Indian Passport renewal - queries

Post by Shah05 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Hello guys,

My husband s passport was due for renewal in 2013 but as our application wS in process for 27 months. Finally got approved n have all documents now. Can you please tell me what kind of documents will need to provide in order to get the new passport?

We have, old passsport, current biometric card and approval letter, solicitor's acknowledgement letter of application (2013), biometric letter 2013, 2*2 size pics, and what else do we need? What other documents do we need and which of them need to notarise?

TIA.

nisachde
Newly Registered

Re: Indian Passport renewal in London - queries

Post by nisachde » Sun May 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi All,

My passport expires in mid june and my uk visa is valid till mid july.
I need to go for renewal of my indian passport in london , could anybody please let me know if its wise idea to go for renewal as only 6 weeks are left before I go back to india.
Please provide any realisitic idea about renewal passport timelines like how much time usually it takes for receiving renewed passport, if applying in person at london VFS centre.

Would really appreciate any response.

Regards,
Nitin

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Hello nitin,

You have sufficient Time. I ll advise you to renew it ASAP. It will take 2 to 3 weeks time as your passport is still valid. And less expenses too. If you will renew after the expiry of passport than they ask lot of stuff and police verification too. It would be advisable to take appointment soon that u will get it.

Pankaj1979
Newly Registered

Post by Pankaj1979 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi All,

I've recently got my Indian passport renewed at London. My passport was to expire in December but I needed a new passport so that I can get my visa extended. And I've faced all the hurdles there is to face and I wanted to share my experience with everyone so that they don't make the same mistake. Here it goes:

I got the appointment from VFS website for the next day. I noted the docs required and got the copies photocopied.
1. Passport copy - Front/Back and UK Visa pages (I xeroxed all the visa pages just to be on the safer side - didn't needed them)
2. Marriage Certificate since I wanted my wife's name to be added
3. Wife's passport - Front/Back and UK Visa pages (as mentioned in point 2)
If you for any reason forget to take photocopies, dont worry you can get it at the VFS center.

As per the requirement, I got my passport pics snapped - Make sure they are 2"x2" and you would need 4 of them. No less. And they are very particular about the photo size and numbers. Again, for any reason you forget, VFS has a photo booth.

I chose Paddington VFS office and got out of my office on time and reached the VFS office 15 minutes late cause of tube delays. Make sure you download the route from VFS website as the location is bit tricky. The path mentioned in the pdf along with small landmarks is very good - get a printout if possible. Even though I was bit late, gaurd was OK and he asked me about my application and online form printouts. And I was shocked as there were no online form link mentioned in VFS. I argued with him and he told me that either I can cancel my appointment and re-book a new one once I fill the form online or I can fill the form and get a printout from somewhere. I was very angry because VFS website doesn't clearly mention that I have to fill an online form. I later got to know that there is a link given in the PDF which I missed. Anyhoo .. I went back to Paddington and located an Internet cafe where I filled the form and got the printouts. It took me one hour to find and get the prints. I rushed back to VFS and the gaurd who asked me come with prints was changed with someone esle. He agreed to give me number (to wait for my turn) after breif questioning why I was 2 hours late.

Finally my number came and I went to the counter where the girl asked me to fill the rest of the form (online you will have to fill only few fields). I filled the details and went back to the counter where she took my docs. She asked to get my wife's passport to be signed by my wife. I had to tell her that my wife isn't with me so she agreed for me to sign those docs too. Finally I was about to give them the GBP 52 fees when she asked me if I have 2 envelopes so that the docs (original) and new passprot can be sent to me. Again this wasn't mentioned clearly on the website. So i had to take VFS's courior which added another 40 pounds to the fees. Actually GBP52 is just the fees -they add VAT etc to it so its not exactly 52.

So case in point
1. Make sure you have filled online form and get the appointment at apt time.
2. Take copies of all required documents
3. 4 passport size pics - 2"x2"
4. 2 pre-stamped envelopes - One big and one small

My passport and original docs arrived within 10 working days.

ksrangal
India

Post by ksrangal » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:32 pm

I want to review my passport. But I am unable to open http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk website.
Is it correct link?

Question: Can we apply fore passport renewal after it's expired ? Would there be any problem?

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi I am not sure about the website, but I think you have to book an appointment through a website. Also yes you can renew the passport after its expiry. here is the link http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/NEW_Indian_Passport.html

amarnath
Newly Registered

Post by amarnath » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:04 am

Hello,
I'm applying for passport renewal(Birmingham) and there is a change in my signature. The VFS website mentions to provide a notarised/attested affidavit as a supporting document. I was wondering if there is any specific format to be followed for the affidavit.
I've inquired regarding notarising and got a quote of 50-60 GBP from couple of folks.But I've come across couple of posts in this forum mentioning that they've got their affidavits attested at CGI itself for 20 GBP. Could someone please throw some light on this process.I've called up VFS call center regarding affidavit and all I hear back from them is that everything is available in the website!
Is it better to get the affidavit form and attestation at VFS itself ? I would be traveling from Preston to Birmingham and would like to be sure on the availability of the service there.
Also,could anyone please confirm if we're supposed to carry any special delivery envelopes to VFS ?

ksrangal
India

Post by ksrangal » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:33 pm

I am going to renew my passport from London, I have following query. Please share you thoughts.

My permanent address in India has changed, so is it necessary to change that along with passport renewal ?

I have following two documents to support new address in India:
1) Adhaar card
2) Voter ID card.

Cheers !!!

ksrangal
India

Post by ksrangal » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:15 pm

I got my new passport today, so thought of sharing my experience:

(1) I took appointment at following link: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/track.html
Take print of this appointment letter.

(2) Then filled following online form : http://www.passport.gov.in/nri/index.jsp
Take print out of this form.

(3) Four passport photos - I took from photo booth at Padington station.

(4) Original marriage certificate - I wanted my wife's name on passport.

(5) IMPORTANT - follow these directions from Padington station to VFS office. Otherwise it's very difficult to find out.
http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/pdf/Direction ... 170315.pdf

(6) For more information :
http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/pdf/processes ... 150315.pdf

Tip: Reach VFS before your appointment because you will get token number and your appointment time does not matter.

I submitted my documents on 14 Oct, 2015, and I got my new passport on 22nd OCT, 2015.

Cheers!!!

sameerkhan007
Newly Registered

Post by sameerkhan007 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:32 am

Hi Guys,

Looking for suggestions from members of this forum.

I applied for my Passport renewal (plus adding spouse name) at the Goswell road center on October 26th. I had opted for the Tatkal service. Its been two weeks and I haven't heard back from them. The online status still says that the application has been sent to the HCI.

I contacted the helpline but they could not provide any details. An email reply said they are waiting for approvals. Any idea what that means?

My UK visa expires on Nov 19th, so I am quite worried as I haven't received my passport back.

Any suggestions on what I can do further. Its stressing me out.

Thanks,
Sameer

atulraj
Newly Registered

Post by atulraj » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:26 pm

I have a similar question on this thread.
I have been granted ILR in August 2015, and My Indian passport is expiring on 16 nov 2015, I have seen some blogs where people have mentioned about NQ ,
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ip-form-nq

I am applying for renewal on 12 Nov or next week, could someone please confirm if i need the NQ confirmation or the below mentioned document is sufficient?

THE 2 SETS OF DOCUMENTS
1.Current passport
2. Original BRP card
3. Photocopies of passport first page , last page and expired visa pages (self-attested)
4. Photocopy of BRP card (self- attested)
5. Special delivery cover/Royal Mail Special Delivery
6. 4 photos. (4 PHOTOS 2”X2” REQUIRED.)
7. Fee : £ 52.00
8. Original Marriage certificate (Self-attested) x2 copy
9. Spouse original passport ---------- Do I need this? X2 copy
10. Original spouse BRP cardx2 copy
11. Photocopies of spouse passport first page , last page and expired visa pages (self-attested)
12. Photocopy of spouse BRP card (self- attested)

Please guide.

ThanksAtul

rajeevsastra
Newly Registered

Post by rajeevsastra » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:57 pm

I have applied for Passport Renewal Toady, so thought of sharing my experience:

(1) I took appointment at following link: http://www.vfsglobal.com/India/UK/sched ... tment.html
Take print of this appointment letter. I took the appointment for Leicester .

Address:
Indian Visa And Consular Service
Application Centre, c/o Peepul's Centre
Orchardson Avenue,
Leicester, LE4 6DP.

(2) Then filled following online form : http://www.passport.gov.in/nri/index.jsp
Take print out of this form.

(3) Two passport photos - It must be in Indian passport format as per the link.
http://www.vfsglobal.com/India/UK/NEW_I ... sport.html

Tip: Reach VFS before your appointment because you will get token number and your appointment time does not matter.

I submitted my documents on 15th December. Waiting for renewed passport.

I have provided following document.

1. Application Form Filled Online. One photo will be pasted here.

2. one additional photograph will be submitted with application. If you do not have photo in Proper fprmat you can get it done as VFS centre. They charge £10 for 2 photograph. They will take the photo immediately and print by them self.

3. Original Current Passport.

4. Valid VISA for Applicant.

5. Original marriage certificate. with xerox copy. Only if we want to add spouse name in passport. Original marriage certificate will be returned after verification.

6. Original Passport and Valid VISA for spouse with xerox copy. Passport and VISA for Spouse will be returned after verification.

7. Signed Declaration Form. For every Xerox copy 50 pence will be changed if it is not carried by us.

8. If changing address- Photo copy of Indian Bank Passbook. I have given for Bank of India. This is required only if you are changing the address.

9. Self addressed Envelope- No need to Buy this because VFS will give you this Envelope from DX Courier Services.

Over All this was a very good experience. I feel if we are not sure about photo format better to get the Photo done at VFS Center.

Cheers!!!

yesowm
Newly Registered

Re: Indian Passport renewal - queries

Post by yesowm » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:47 pm

Hello Rajeevsastra

Could you please update when did you receive your passport ?

I have applied for passport renewal on 04th Feb 2016 and have already booked my flight to India for the 20th Feb. I need my passport to apply for Dubai visa which I am due to travel on the 29th Feb..a tight schedule..

chiku1980

Post by chiku1980 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:29 am

In the passport renewal online form there are 2 addresses to be mentioned -
Address to be printed on passport and Other address.

Does anyone know what we need to fill in the "Other address"?

Does it need to be the UK address or we can mention the same Indian address we want to be printed on the passport?

praty888
Newly Registered
India

Post by praty888 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:43 pm

1. I do have same doubt about address. Can someone please suggest what is 'other address'?

2. I have changed my India address. My SBI & HDFC bank has the new address on statement but do they accept a copy of the online bank statement?

Thanks
Praty

srinivasjammugani
Newly Registered

Post by srinivasjammugani » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:50 pm

Guys.
My wife is in India at the moment and returning to the UK in the first week of Feb. Her Indian passport is valid until last week of Feb'18. She is on Tier-1 Dependent visa valid until March 2019.
Can she return to the UK with 20 days validity of her Indian passport or will there be an issue?
Any ideas, please? Many Thanks in advance.
Last edited by srinivasjammugani on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:51 pm

srinivasjammugani wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:50 pm
Guys.
My wife is in India at the moment and returning to the UK in the first week of Feb. Her passport is valid until last week of Feb'18.
Can she return to the UK with 20 days validity of her Indian passport or will there be an issue?
Any ideas, please? Many Thanks in advance.
Yes she can return as long as her passport is still valid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SwathiMC8687
Newly Registered
India

Post by SwathiMC8687 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:24 am

Hello Sameer, hello All,
What was the course of the action to get your passport back?
Even we are stuck up in the same issue..
How did you come out of this?
Suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you,
Swathi

sameerkhan007 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:32 am
Hi Guys,

Looking for suggestions from members of this forum.

I applied for my Passport renewal (plus adding spouse name) at the Goswell road center on October 26th. I had opted for the Tatkal service. Its been two weeks and I haven't heard back from them. The online status still says that the application has been sent to the HCI.

I contacted the helpline but they could not provide any details. An email reply said they are waiting for approvals. Any idea what that means?

My UK visa expires on Nov 19th, so I am quite worried as I haven't received my passport back.

Any suggestions on what I can do further. Its stressing me out.

Thanks,
Sameer

srast3
Newly Registered
India

Post by srast3 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi
I am an Indian citizen on ICT Tier 2 visa in UK. My Indian passport is expiring in March next year but I need to travel to India in October this year and realized that while travelling back from India, my passport will be valid only for 4 1/2 months. Is this a problem? Can I renew my passport after coming back to UK?

While checking on VFS site, I am getting appointment at end of Sept which will only leave 15 working days before my travel. Thats why I am worried that if i apply for passport renewal now, I may not get passport back by my travel date.

Any suggestions? Is there a tatkal service available?

Thanks
Shashank

Shirdisai007
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shirdisai007 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:31 am

Dear gurus ,
My younger son aged 16 who is here in Uk as my dependant has to travel to india in Dec 18 and returning in jan 19
His passport is due for renewal on 30/6/19 ———
Website says 180 days period is essential but was reading here that it should be ok to travel to and from india
Pl guide
Secondly his permanent address is changed in india so would it still be ok to retain that as we don’t have any other address / documentation for alternate address in india
We don’t have ILR yet so can’t have Uk address
Thanks in advance n in anticipation
Regards
Gk