ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is a guest house or bed & breakfast ok for Tier 1 Entrepren

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

awj
Newly Registered

Is a guest house or bed & breakfast ok for Tier 1 Entrepren

Post by awj » Mon May 18, 2015 9:48 am

Hi there. I am applying for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. I am thinking of buying or setting up of a guest house or a bed and break fast in the UK. The Guest house will be a house with 9 to 10 bedrooms. Will this guest house business qualify me for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa or not. Is the investment of 200,000 in this guest house business ok for a tier 1 ent visa. and will i qualify for extension also after 3 years. Also does a grocery store or a restaurant franchise also acceptable under a Tier 1. Thank you

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: Is a guest house or bed & breakfast ok for Tier 1 Entrep

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon May 18, 2015 11:36 am

awj wrote:Hi there. I am applying for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. I am thinking of buying or setting up of a guest house or a bed and break fast in the UK. The Guest house will be a house with 9 to 10 bedrooms. Will this guest house business qualify me for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa or not. Is the investment of 200,000 in this guest house business ok for a tier 1 ent visa. and will i qualify for extension also after 3 years. Also does a grocery store or a restaurant franchise also acceptable under a Tier 1. Thank you
Please see

[url]http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 67616.html

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun May 31, 2015 7:20 pm

bed and breakfast is ok. their guidance specifically mentions it as an acceptable form of investment

Rajuhafiz
Newly Registered

Post by Rajuhafiz » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:38 pm

I have bought two properties with a partner (not on Tier 1) and converted them to bed and breakfast with the permission from the Council. I've formed two companies to run these two bed and breakfast businesses. Companies have rented the places formally and started running the bed and breakfast employing 3 full-time and 1 part-time employees. Now I consulted a solicitor about the prospect of my extension on the basis of these businesses and to my utter horror she told me this could be considered as property management business by the Home Office and there is a fair possibility of rejection of my extension application on these businesses. I've tried to consult all available resources to understand why a bed and breakfast business could be considered as property management but failed to get to any clue. Is there anyone on here who is facing or faced this problem? Or please could anyone give some clarification on this problem?

I'd be highly grateful if someone could recommend me a solicitor who I could consult with about the issue.

I look forward to your kind assistance please!

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Rajuhafiz wrote:I have bought two properties with a partner (not on Tier 1) and converted them to bed and breakfast with the permission from the Council. I've formed two companies to run these two bed and breakfast businesses. Companies have rented the places formally and started running the bed and breakfast employing 3 full-time and 1 part-time employees. Now I consulted a solicitor about the prospect of my extension on the basis of these businesses and to my utter horror she told me this could be considered as property management business by the Home Office and there is a fair possibility of rejection of my extension application on these businesses. I've tried to consult all available resources to understand why a bed and breakfast business could be considered as property management but failed to get to any clue. Is there anyone on here who is facing or faced this problem? Or please could anyone give some clarification on this problem?

I'd be highly grateful if someone could recommend me a solicitor who I could consult with about the issue.

I look forward to your kind assistance please!
Have you questioned your solicitor that what is her rationale for stating this set up as a property management rather then bed and breakfast?

Rajuhafiz
Newly Registered

Post by Rajuhafiz » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:43 pm

I not only asked I challenged her view, but of no avail. She only says it's unclear in the policy guidance and she didn't wanna take a risk. She also thought it's like earning income as rent of the property. Although bed and breakfast is under hospitality sector, she didn't wanna give a thought about it. Very unlikely of a lawyer who are supposed to be interpreting law. Any suggestions from your side please.

Rajuhafiz
Newly Registered

Post by Rajuhafiz » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:26 pm

sagareva wrote:bed and breakfast is ok. their guidance specifically mentions it as an acceptable form of investment
Hi, I'm looking for a reference on acceptability of bed and breakfast business for tier 1 Ent extension. Would you please let me know where it is specifically mentioned in the guidance!

Many thanks.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:43 pm

Rajuhafiz wrote:I not only asked I challenged her view, but of no avail. She only says it's unclear in the policy guidance and she didn't wanna take a risk. She also thought it's like earning income as rent of the property. Although bed and breakfast is under hospitality sector, she didn't wanna give a thought about it. Very unlikely of a lawyer who are supposed to be interpreting law. Any suggestions from your side please.
Bed and breakfast earning are based on occupancy rate of rooms which should be different from rent of property in my opinion.

Rajuhafiz
Newly Registered

Post by Rajuhafiz » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Many thanks, Mr Naveed, for your opinion. I'm trying find an immigration solicitor who feels the same way and take me ahead with this.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Rajuhafiz wrote:Many thanks, Mr Naveed, for your opinion. I'm trying find an immigration solicitor who feels the same way and take me ahead with this.
I wish you good luck.

Tier1newbie

Post by Tier1newbie » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:14 am

Rajuhafiz wrote:Many thanks, Mr Naveed, for your opinion. I'm trying find an immigration solicitor who feels the same way and take me ahead with this.
Hello Raju

You can actually do it yourself as well if you are not able to find a good and qualified solicitor.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 98968.html

Above is the link to one such case where the applicant hi self submitted all the paperwork and got his extension application approved. Speak to a few more solicitors and I am pretty sure that one of them should agree to just following your instructions and helping you in finalising and filing the extension application for you.

Good Luck

Rajuhafiz
Newly Registered

Post by Rajuhafiz » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:20 pm

Thanks, Tier1newbie. I'll follow your advice.

anajean
Newly Registered

Post by anajean » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:12 pm

Dear Mr Raju,
Could you please share with us the status of your guest house/B&B project? It would be very helpful to us here.
thank you
stella