ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form 16 confusion ...please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sudipbagchi
Newly Registered

Form 16 confusion ...please help

Post by sudipbagchi » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:52 pm

Hi HSMP Experts,

I was working with company X since 2 years & my Group Got acquired by another company Y in JAN 2007.

Since then i am working in Company Y . I am planning to apply for HSMP in Jan 2008.SO i am showing my last 12 months in Company Y.

I have recived 1 Form 16 from Company X covering the period Mar 06 -Dec 06 & Another form 16 From Company Y from Since Jan 07-Mar 07 for the whole year of Mar 06 - Mar 07.

My question to you guys is , Should i Send both the form 16 while applying to HO. OR should i Just send the Comapny Y form 16 covering the period Jan07 -Mar07.

In the meanwhile Company X got closed now.Will sending the Company X form 16 which got closed can make my case weaker ????

I am really confused what to do ?? PLease suggest & help.

prem12

Re: Form 16 confusion ...please help

Post by prem12 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:29 pm

I would say do not send Form-16 at all. It can do only harm, no good.

Send in the ITR only and the salary slips & Banks stmt and try to get a letter from the employer stating each months gross salary.
________
Mary Jane
Last edited by prem12 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:59 pm

there is no necessity of sending Form-16 at all

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:26 pm

The Form 16 is an indirect requirement; meaning, it is required for the ITR, which is in turn required to be provided as evidence for HSMP points claim.

When you join another company / or a company is taken over in the middle of a FY, the new company normally asks for your old company Form 16 and collates the figures into one. Even if this is not done in your case, the sum of the amounts of the Form 16s should match that declared to the IT Authorities.

Is that not the case with you?

prem12

Post by prem12 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:31 pm

I think there have been several approvals just with ITR and no form-16 which as they say do not accept.
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA
Last edited by prem12 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sudipbagchi
Newly Registered

Post by sudipbagchi » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:02 pm

Yes the 2 Form 16 when Combined together forms the total which is mentioned in my ITR....but again the ITR is just proving my salary of the first 3 months.

In any case i am providing them with Bank Statements & Salary Slips .

Do you guys think ....i should get a written letter from HR mentioning ,my Gross Salary Paid From JAN 07 to DEC 07.

Moreover I also recieved ,MY PF amount from the last company which got credited by Cheque in my account . Can i show that amount also to HO for this Financial year....or is that something which HO wont consider ???

prem12

Post by prem12 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:37 pm

PF is not considered at all. Send it and you make your case weak.
The ITR will cover only three months of your claim period. 90% applications do not cover the claim period fully. So that is no a problem.
Getting a letter from the HR is better but be sure that it has month wise break up.
________
FLINT EAST
Last edited by prem12 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sudipbagchi
Newly Registered

Post by sudipbagchi » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:44 pm

Thanks Prem,

But the ITR which i will be sending is a consolidated ITR of both the Companies....showing the details of both company X (9 months )& Y (3 months )....& since Company X is closed now So i dont think i need to fear about that as i am not showing that 9 months of Company X in my total 12 months.

Showing just Company Y 3 Months, in which i also got bonus as decided in Company X & for which company X gave me bonus letter.Can i give that as proof to HO for teh bonus component which i recived or just bank statements & salary slips would be enough ???

My another query is MY ITR has got a Stamp which is in Hindi...Should i need to get it translated for HO to get it understandable......?????

My Letter from University also Has name of the university printed in both English & hindi on their letter head......so i need to translate that also in english....i know th equestion is a little silly .....but no one would like to take chances :)

prem12

Post by prem12 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:23 am

Hindi Stamp: I also had the stamp in hindi, so to be on safe side, I asked them to put another english stamp on my ITR which bears the address of the office.

You do not need any translation if you have a text in English as well on your documents.

Dont worry too about ITR. When it does not cover the claim period fully it is not supposed to be used for corroborating other docs but still it makes your case stronger as it is a Tax Document.
Just submit Salary slips and corroborating bank statement. A letter from the employer makes the case strong and is preferable. Do not complicate the matter by sending any bonus letter.
________
Female Advice Forum
Last edited by prem12 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sudipbagchi
Newly Registered

Post by sudipbagchi » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:46 am

Ok , So is it absolutely neccsaary to get a english stamp on the ITR ?? ....even getting english stamp on it ...may be another difficult task :(

prem12

Post by prem12 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:57 pm

sudipbagchi wrote:Ok , So is it absolutely neccsaary to get a english stamp on the ITR ?? ....even getting english stamp on it ...may be another difficult task :(
Not really.. I got it easily. Just tell them that you need a stamp bearing the address of the office. They will chop it.
________
SWISS COOKING
Last edited by prem12 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:07 pm

Hello Sudip,
Can you please see the documents and specifications for the 'Previous Earnings' section at this link.
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/ear ... ments.html
This link may be of some help to you.
Check it out.
Paul
www.ec-hsmp.blogspot.com
Get to know everything about EC and HSMP.