ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Granted, What Benefits can I claim

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MMSR
Newly Registered

ILR Granted, What Benefits can I claim

Post by MMSR » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:25 pm

My wife and 2 kids got ILR recently.
Could any one please let me know, what are the benefits we can claim with ILR and How to apply?

Below are the benefits I heard

Child benefit
Job Seeker Allowance ( for my Wife)
Council tax benefit

How to apply for these benefit Please?

Does applying for these benefits affect my citizenship application next year.?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Granted, What Benefits can I claim

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:20 am

MMSR wrote:My wife and 2 kids got ILR recently.
Could any one please let me know, what are the benefits we can claim with ILR and How to apply?

Below are the benefits I heard

Child benefit Contact HMRC
Job Seeker Allowance ( for my Wife) Does she have an NI number? Contact Job Centre or Department of Works and Pensions. She can claim if she is genuinely intending to look for work. If she does not want to work, she won't qualify indefinitely for this benefit.
Council tax benefit Contact your council but what you can get depends on your income.

How to apply for these benefit Please? See above or contact Citizens Advice Bureau for help.

Does applying for these benefits affect my citizenship application next year.? No
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MMSR
Newly Registered

Post by MMSR » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your advise.

Any other benefit please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:39 pm

No one on a public forum can tell you what you MIGHT qualify for. It depends on your income and circumstances.

See the Benefits Calculator (click) to work out what you might be able to get based on your situation, details of which only you will know. Select yourself as British citizen to do the calculator.

Have you bothered to get in touch with CAB or look at their website or even contact the places I have advised you to contact. :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.